Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Google Play gift cards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 3:06:50 PM PST
R. Cox says:
Do Google Play gift cards work with the Kindle Fire since it says it's for any Android device? How would you register the card so that it uses that balance and not your Amazon account for purchases?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 3:09:19 PM PST
Google Play gift cards are for purchases from the Google Play store NOT Amazon store. At the Google Play store you may purchase apps for and Android device BUT you will have to adjust your Fire's settings to allow 3rd party apps.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:04:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 10:04:55 AM PST
How do u adjust the settings to allow 3rd party apps? I just got kindle fires for my children & have no idea how to do that. Thank you for the help

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 8:07:16 PM PDT
Can you use Amazon gift cards for Google Play?

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 8:07:57 PM PDT
Can you use Amazon gift cards for Google Play?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 8:17:32 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
No..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 8:17:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2013 8:17:50 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
See Above...

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 8:20:42 PM PDT
Where can you purchase Google Play gift cards?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 8:29:18 PM PDT
Probably from Google.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 9:06:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2013 9:08:03 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
You can buy online from Walmart, Sam's Club, or Target.

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 8:09:47 PM PST
Tekylo Tyson says:
How do u adjust kindle to 3rd party apps

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2013 12:00:00 AM PST
Soulrider says:
Teklo Tyson, In order to download and install apps from another sources other than the Amazon App Store (called Sideloading) you will need to turn on an option that allows apps like this to be installed. To get to this option you would (on the Kindle Fire HD...not sure if they've changed it for the HDX, etc) swipe down from the top of the home/main screen and choose MORE>DEVICE>ALLOW INSTALLATION of APPLICATIONS - From Unknown Sources - Turn this option ON. You can then navigate to the other locations you want to download your app(s) from. Some apps can be downloaded directly from the web site you go to. However some, like those from 1MobileMarket require that you first download an app that you use specifically to bring up the 1MobileMarket web site and download apps from that site (at least that's the way it worked last time I did it). Keep in mind that not all apps will install right away (or even ask if you want to install them) after downloading from certain locations. They will simply download to the device and sit there until you find them with a file management app and install them. For those types of apps, you can use something like ES File Explorer which you can get free from the Amazon App Store to find and install those apps. Once you install that app, you can use it to locate and install certain other apps that didn't install automatically after you downloaded them.

Also, very important, after you are done downloading your app(s), you should go back into that option "Allow Installation of Applications - From Unknown Sources" and turn that option back OFF. Also note that not all apps that you download for other locations will work on the Kindle Fire. While apps that are on the Amazon App Store have been tested to work on the various versions of Kindle (some may still not work or work quite right on certain models), the apps that you may find on other web sites may not work at all. While they may be Android apps, they may not work with the modified version of the Android operating system used on the Kindle Fire. It can be kind of hit or miss as to what will work and what won't work sometimes. I hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 3:51:27 PM PST
Roxy Girl says:
Can you use Google Play gift cards on Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2014 3:53:12 PM PST
Hollis says:
Nope, you must purchase a amazon or kindle gift card in order to buy online.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2014 3:54:07 PM PST
Can you read what's already been posted?

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 6:44:41 PM PST
flipoid says:
This whole thread amuses me. Do these people go in to Target and ask, "Can I use my Walmart gift card here?" Or to McDonald's to ask if they can use their Wendy's gift cards?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2014 7:16:09 PM PST
I was at a Borders (R.I.P) years ago and overheard a man arguing with the cashier because the cashier wouldn't let him use his Barnes & Noble gift card to buy his books.

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 7:22:10 PM PST
At least it's not a six year old thread about something totally unrelated. Yeah, that's not saying much -- but it's something.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2014 7:00:37 AM PST
Sarida says:
When I was assistant manager at a five and dime store, people would bring us Wal Mart ads and complain because Wal Mart was charging a dime less than we were.

One day my manager snapped and said, "Ma'am, then you should probably just shop at Wal Mart. It's a 90 mile round trip, and I'm not certain you can do that for that dime savings, but maybe it would be best for you."

I couldn't help but laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2014 7:51:31 AM PST
flipoid says:
Really, complaining for a dime when the closest Walmart was 45 miles away? I'd be pleased that I could get a product at my local store for *only* a dime more rather than spend the time and gas to drive that 90 miles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2014 4:23:54 AM PST
Sarida says:
And most people were.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2014 4:34:31 AM PST
I used to work at a retailer which, at the time, had an almost-identical competitor (now extinct). Both stores took each other's *coupons*. But we had several situations where people had gift cards to the competition, and either 1) wouldn't understand why, if we took their coupons, we couldn't take their gift cards, or 2) were CONVINCED that we WERE the same company, just with two different names.

We also had numerous people mistake gift cards to a store with a somewhat similar name for ours. "No, this gift card is for that place with all the scented lotions."

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 3:03:59 PM PST
pls how can i buy google play key from amazone and thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 3:20:33 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You can't and you're welcome.

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 9:21:04 PM PDT
Can I use my google play card to buy stuff off amazon
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 1, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions