Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat Mon. Jan 14, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 156 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013, 12:19:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 10:12:05 AM PST
Leo Little says:
Welcome to Free books and Chat. come on in and browse through the links there are always lots of free books. Have a seat in our overstuffed chairs and put you feet up on the hassocks as settle yourself in to read the latest treasure you've dredged up out of thousands of free indie publishers or perhaps you were lucky enough to catch one of your favorite well know author's book while it was free.

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。
★。\|/ ★★ \|/ ★★ \|/ ★★ \|/ ★
.................... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ...... .........
*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆
...................... EBOOK ADDICT ...................
*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆
★。\|/ ★★ \|/ ★★ \|/ ★★ \|/ ★
*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

There's coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the decanters on the counter. There's a variety of freshly baked jelly and cream filled doughnuts apple fritters and maple bars on the counter. Ice cold milk is in the fridge beneath.

Kinlib:
http://us.kinlib.com/
http://us.kinlib.com/feed/

Ereaderiq:
ereaderiq.com/free/mn
ereaderiq.com/free/

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

Please come back and tell us what you get from the free links. Or if you've read a previously Free book drop in and tell what you thought of it...

If you missed chapter one follow the link below.
CRYSTAL

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMSG=addedToThread&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx361B1Y1PC2U3R&newContentID=Mx26T3NQ7QCVJR5&newContentNum=2#CustomerDiscussionsNRPB

CRYSTAL

Lightning flashed across my bed. A clap of thunder followed, rattling the windows as I sat straight up with the comforter draped around me.
Something about the night felt wrong. Sampson yowled from the foot of my bed. He hissed at the window as I pulled my feet from under the comforter, hanging them over the side. Fumbling for the light, I knocked over the empty ice cream box. My spoon clattered to the wood-laminate floor, before I found the knob and turned on the light. Sampson still faced the window, crouched low atop my comforter with his ears back and a subtle growl in his throat.
I wrapped my white, terry-cloth robe around my nightgown and dug my feet into the grey bunny-eared slippers I'd gotten last Christmas. I plodded into the hall to Grandpa's room. Knocking lightly, I opened the door to an empty bed with the covers thrown wildly to floor. I marched to the open master bathroom, flipped on the light but there was no sign of my grandfather.
I ran down the curving stairs, yelling, "Grandpa ... Grandpa where are you?"
But there was no answer.
I scurried through the house, searching the living-room and den. I stopped dead in front of the dining room mirror, shocked by the subtle blue nimbus that covered my hands and face. I shook my head, believing it to be a trick of moonlight and shadow and charged on into the kitchen.
The back door stood wide open to the night. I heard a low, throaty growl like static on a badly tuned radio. I ran across the bare stone floor and stopped in the doorway as lightning forked from the sky, showing me the horrific scene of Grandpa grappling with an enormous mountain lion.
Shadows in the moonlight, Grandpa and the big cat danced back and forth. The cat's claws dug into Grandpa's shoulders as he used his forearms to protect himself from the biting fangs that sought his life.
A wave of thunder rolled across the hills. I patted the wall for the large switch and flipped the garden lights on.
"Go back inside!" Grandpa screamed. "Call for help!"

I barged through the half open French door and grabbed the cordless phone from its charger, dialing 911 as I lifted it to my ear.
"911. What's your emergency?"
"My grandfather's being attacked by a mountain lion!" I screamed.
I raced back outside.
Grandpa lay on the grass, the cat was on top of him, its jaws clamped over his head. The phone fell from my fingers. I grabbed the garden hose. After turning on the faucet, I yanked until the circular knots jerked me to a stop at the edge of the patio. I squeezed my thumb over the end, squirting a long stream at the cat.
The stubborn feline refused to budge.
The garden shed with a host of possible weapons was at the back of the yard, behind the dangerous cat. I searched the patio near me, settling at last for the long handled spatula, hanging from the barbeque. I darted to the brick pit and snatched the wooden handle from its hook, then pivoted back toward the cat, determined to do whatever I had to, to save my grandpa.
I noticed as I went that the blue glow I'd seen in the mirror surrounded my whole body. Its brightness grew, outshining the weak garden lighting as I closed in on the cat. Blood scented the air. My heartbeat pounded in rhythm with the cautious pace of my feet.
A low snarl rose above Grandpa's heavy breathing.
My aura glazed over the cat's tawny fur, changing it to the bronze skin of a man with painted jags of red and black down his bare back. The man turned his golden eyes toward me and I smacked him in the face with the spatula.
He didn't even blink.
An icy chill in the pit of my stomach caused me to freeze like a mouse caught in a rattlesnake's glare.
The painted man leapt backwards off of Grandpa, blood dripping from his dark lips as he lowered into a crouched like a wild beast ready to spring.
Fire pulsated through my limbs, pushing back the chill. I flung the spatula aside. Blue flames danced around my clinched fists, but I felt neither heat nor pain. I lifted my right hand, palm open toward the bronze skinned native and charged forward, putting myself between him and Grandpa. The painted man backed away, wary of my implied touch.
His gaze darted from me to Grandpa and then to the back fence. He growled and hissed, his hand swiping the air like a cornered cat.
Without warning, he sprang toward the back fence, changing into the mountain lion as he leapt out of sight.
I stood staring into the darkness; terrified and confused, wondering if I'd imagined the whole thing? I turned back toward Grandpa. He was still on the ground, his breath shallow with blood bubbling from a gouge on his neck. I ran to his side, tearing off my robe and folding it against his wound. Sirens wailed in the distance and I hoped they were coming here. The 911 operator should have found our address and sent the paramedics. I prayed they'd get here soon.
Grandpa drew air to speak, but he coughed harshly, wheezing.
"Hold still. Help's coming." I folded another layer of my robe against the sopping red cloth and held it against his wound as tight as I dared.
Grandpa grabbed my hand, drawing my gaze to his. He mouthed the words, "Uncle ... go." then his hand went limp.
Only the bubbling wheeze of his breath let me know he still lived.
The next thing I knew I was surrounded by uniforms. A woman knelt beside me, stripping the paper from sterile gauze, before nudging me aside to tend Grandpa's wounds. In no time, they had him on a stretcher wheeling him out to the ambulance as I woodenly followed, numb with shock. I climbed in the back of the ambulance with Grandpa and the paramedics. The driver closed the doors and we roared off, turning right onto Green Valley Road to the hospital in Folsom.
Time seemed to stand still, my mind completely blank until the ambulance backed up to the hospital doors. I jumped out and stood at the side while the paramedics rolled Grandpa out and pushed his gurney inside. Following at Grandpa's side, I squinted at the bright lights of Mercy Hospital's emergency room. Grandpa's breathing was shallow and he sputtered intermittently around the oxygen tube in his nose. His life hung by a thread. I half-ran beside the gurney, Grandpa's hand in mine. A woman in pink scrubs pulled me away as the double doors of the sterile room swooshed open. Inside a team of people dressed in teal surrounded Grandpa. Something told me I needed to be by Grandpa's side, so I fought forward, but only managed a few feet before two others caught me and dragged me away from the closing door.
The nurse's grip loosened. "Calm down, Miss. Let the doctors do their job."
I let the nurse guide me to a nearby seat. Shaking from the cold trauma of the attack, I sat while she checked my vital signs and wrapped a warm blanket around my shoulders.
I looked down and realized all I had on was my sleeveless, white-satin nightgown now stained with Grandpa's blood. I pulled the blanket around me.
A gentle hand patted my back. "You gonna be alright, Miss?"
I looked up into the hazel green eyes of the nurse and nodded, though I had no idea whether I'd be alright or not. After all, that freaky mountain lion-whatever it really was-could come back at any time.
Did that just happen, or am I going crazy?
I shook my head softly and let my gaze wander. Nurses passed as they checked on people in curtained rooms. Antiseptic flavored the air, and a baby bawled somewhere out of sight. The last time I was in a place like this ... I was born for the second time, with no memory of who I was. He came for me then, a man with burnished skin, graying temples, and a dark braid. My grandfather.
I looked down at my hands. They were no longer trembling. I closed my eyes remembering the blue nimbus that had surrounded me during the attack. It was gone now, fading as that crazy man-cat jumped the fence.
I still don't know who I am. What I am.
A flash of pink caught my attention. The nurse was back. "If you're feeling better now, I'll take you to the waiting room."
The nurse helped me to my feet and guided me to a room with chairs lining the walls and a small flat panel TV tuned to CNN.
I took a seat and grabbed a wildlife magazine from the end table. Trying to distract myself, I thumbed through the pages. My fingers stopped dead, along with my heart, as the golden eyes of a mountain lion stared up at me from an article. The feline picture held the same wild fury that I'd seen in the painted man's eyes.
I closed the magazine and tossed it on the table, then pulled the blanket tighter around me. I felt nauseous and leaned over, letting my head sag between my knees. My face felt hot. Sweat clung to my forehead. I closed my eyes, but opened them quickly to shut out the memory of those burning orbs. I laced my fingers together over my head and rested my elbows on my knees.
A breeze from a newly opened door cooled my face. A man stopped in front of me. My gaze traveled from his glossy black oxfords, up the stripe on his uniform pants, to the tan shirt of an El Dorado County Sheriff. Brown eyes peered from a lightly tanned face, framed by black hair tinged with grey. A thick moustache hid his upper lip.
"Excuse me, Ma'am. If you're feeling up to it, I need to get a few details about the attack."
My mouth went dry.
If I say what I saw, he'll send me to the psych ward. I was there, and I still can't believe it.
***ETC TY Kathy***

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 12:20:21 AM PST
Leo Little says:
I looked beyond the sheriff to the water fountain in the hall. I stood and the man still towered above me. "I need to get a drink of water first."
The sheriff's eyes hardened suspiciously, but he said, "I'll wait right here for you then."
Walking to the fountain, I felt the sheriff's eyes boring into my back. I bent and sipped cool water for more than a minute, then headed back as calmly as I could. At least, I hoped I looked calm because in my mind I rehearsed twenty different statements all of which sounded worse than the truth.
I sat back down and nodded for the sheriff to ask his questions.
He remained standing and pulled out a pad. "Why don't you tell me what happened."
My voice sounded like a squeaky wheel as I spoke. "A mountain lion attacked my Grandpa. I turned the hose on it, but it wouldn't let go, so I grabbed a spatula off the barbeque and whacked it a couple times."
"That was a dangerous thing to do."
"It let Grandpa go. I ...I thought it was going to attack me, but it backed away, and jumped the fence."
"You're lucky you both weren't killed."
A woman in teal scrubs came up behind the sheriff. She stepped around his massive frame to talk with me. "Are you Thomas Cheveyo's granddaughter?"
I nodded and tried to swallow the dry lump in my throat, worried over the doctor's expression.
Oh God! Please don't let him be dead.
The doctor's gaze softened as she laid her hand on my shoulder. "I'm afraid your grandfather has slipped into a coma. Are you his only relative?"
"I think so ... I don't know. He said something about me having an uncle before he passed out," I said, "but I've never met him."
The doctor turned back to the officer. "Sheriff, perhaps you could help her track down this uncle or any other next of kin."
"Yes, Ma'am."
The doctor's gaze returned to me. "The nurses are getting your grandfather set up in the ICU. You should be able to see him in just a bit."
I nodded again as the doctor turned and walked away. I hugged myself, shaking with grief.
What am I supposed to do now?
The sheriff cleared his throat. "Listen, do you have anyone who can look after you tonight?"
I lifted my head. I couldn't think of anyone. The only place I'd ever spent the night besides home, was at Stacy's house. Stacy's mom liked me a lot. She even told me I was like another daughter to her, but how could I ask to go there?
The sheriff's deep voice broke the long silence. "I'll have to call social services if you don't have anywhere to go."
Anger seethed in my voice and I started to rise. "I'm sixteen. I can take care of myself."
The sheriff put his hand on my shoulder pushing me gently back into the seat. "I'm sorry, but you have to be in the care of an adult. I'd prefer to send you home with friends or relatives, but I can't leave you on your own."
"What about my Grandpa? He could wake up at any moment."
"Look, if it were up to me I'd let you go home, but it ain't up to me. I'll wait with you until you've seen your grandfather, then I'll have to call social services, unless you can think of someone who can take you in for a while."
I wasn't about to go to the receiving home. I'd had a friend in middle school who'd spent months in one. She told me things. Things I didn't want to think about.
I have no choice.
I'd have to stay at Stacy's house until the sheriff found my uncle or Grandpa woke up.
Maybe I can think of someone else.
Fifteen minutes later, a nurse showed me to my grandfather. Walking woodenly into the ICU corridor, I stopped and drew in a deep breath of disinfected air. Grandpa lay on a hospital bed with a mask covering his face and tubes running from his arm. Bandages covered his right cheek and neck. His chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm. His skin was almost as pale as mine, only a brownish yellow overtone gave evidence of his Native American heritage.
I took his limp hand in mine and kissed his left cheek. "I love you, Grandpa."
His silence overwhelmed me. It felt as if my insides had turned to ice. I wanted to cry. I needed to cry, but I couldn't. Not with Grandpa laying there unable to move.

************************** THANKS SUE ******************************

** SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS **
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there as well.
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES!

Starter Schedule:

Lover of Books - Tuesday, Jan. 15, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Courtney - Wednesday, Jan. 16 Start Time around 12:00am EST
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 17, Start Time around 11 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 18, Start Time: 12:30am PST
KayKay - Saturday, Jan. 19, Start Time @12:30 p.m. EST
DiedInWoolYid - Sunday, Jan. 20, Start Time Saturday Jan 19 11:00 pm EST
Leo - Monday, Jan. 21, Start Time 12:00am PST
IrishM - Tuesday, Jan. 22, Start Time: @5-6 am EST
Scarlett859 - Wednesday, Jan. 23 Start Time around 10:00pm CST (Tues night)
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 24, Start Time: 11:00 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Jan. 25, Start Time: 12:30am PST
Robb - Saturday, Jan. 26
DonnaBeeGood - Sunday, Jan. 27 Start Time midnight PST
Leo - Monday, Jan. 28, Start Time 12:00am PST
Ketta - Tuesday, Jan. 29, start time 4-5am EST
JudyD - Thursday, Jan. 31, Start Time 11:00 p.m. EST
Lover of Books - Friday, Feb. 1, Start Time: 12:30am PST

******************** STARTERS NEEDED **********************

Open Dates:
Wednesday, Jan. 30
Saturday, Feb. 2
Sunday, Feb. 3
Monday, Feb. 4
Tuesday, Feb. 5

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.
We'll help you through it!

Hugs and prayers go out to all those who care for loved ones...as well as those who suffer through painful diseases / injuries...I hope that you find comfort and peace of mind.
Let's remember all those whose homes were taken by Hurricane Sandy. Keep them in your thoughts or prayers. And if you are able to help out do so...

Let us also remember the families who lost loved ones so tragically in the senseless shooting at the Newtown Elementary School...The hearts of a nation are wounded by the deaths of children and theirs teachers...I pray we can somehow find a way to end the madness.

Yesterday's link
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg7?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=7&cdThread=Tx3EGUX5PYYF0QC

Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To link. *

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=46D686309DF8EC54!304&authkey=!AI1-59L9q8AbjRA

Leo

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 1:15:39 AM PST
Thanks Leo, I always look forward to your openings....

Just a reminder that the book for the Feb. book discussion is still free today''''
The Fortune Quilt

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 1:31:28 AM PST
´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` Happy Anniversary ebook addict ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

.........█
........██
.......███
......████
.....█████

We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love.
~ Robert Fulghum

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 1:49:54 AM PST
Courtney says:
Good morning! Thanks for the start Leo.

For all my nature loving friends, the free app of the day is Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies. I don't know how good it is, but I know my dh enjoys the NOT FREE Audubon Birds: A Field Guide to North American Birds NOT FREE

Widow of Larkspur Inn, The (The Gresham Chronicles Book #1)
When Life Seemed Its Worst, Gresham Awaited Julia Hollis' opulent life in Victorian London crashes to pieces when her husband passes away. Worse, she is told by his bankers that he gambled away their fortune. Now, the family's hope rests on The Larkspur, an old abandoned coaching inn in the quaint village of Gresham. Driven by dread and her desire to provide for her children, Julia decides to turn the dilapidated inn into a lodging house. But can she--who was accustomed to servants attending to every need--do what needs to be done and cope when boarders begin arriving? And then an eligible new vicar moves into town....

The Last Mailman: Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Zombies
Four-year degree in business. Trained in hand-to-hand combat.
Works well with zombies.
This is the resume of the last mailman on Earth. It is the near future, and the modern world we knew has been overrun and destroyed by reanimated corpses who hunt humans for food. Mankind has retreated to small pockets of civilization and practically surrendered to the walking dead. But one man routinely leaves behind the safety and comfort to find the people and things we've long abandoned. He battles the elements. He battles his own brewing insanity.
But mostly, he battles zombies.

Hopefully, it's obvious that this is religious :)
Open Your Hymnal- Devotions That Harmonize Scripture With Song: How Our Favorite Hymns Reveal God's Amazing Grace Through Hymn Story DevotionsDo you ever catch yourself singing a song in church without paying attention to the words? Open Your Hymnal is a collection of thirty devotions that transport the wisdom of classic hymns and gospel songs into the twenty-first century. Introduce yourself to the rich spiritual heritage that hymnals contain or gain a new perspective on songs you've sung since childhood. Whether you sing in the choir loft, the worship team, or the pew, the refreshing biblical insights in this book will enhance your appreciation of the words you sing every time you open a hymnal.

My First Book of ABC and 123: An Educational Picture Book for Young Children (Beginner Series: Book 1)My First ABC and 123 (2nd Edition) with Listening Games for Toddlers and Preschoolers introduces the alphabet and counting from 1 to 10 in a superb way. Colorful, high quality illustrations are combined with silly rhymes to reinforce learning the alphabet. The book contains 26 listening games for children from 6 months to 5 years of age. Good listeners make good students and good friends who can understand and follow the rules in a classroom or during games. The number section includes a sequential memory game for preschool children to help them practice their memorizing skills while learning to count from 1 to 10. The book can be used by parents, teachers and therapists to lay an early foundation for good listening skills. The book contains two supplementary books: Noah's Ark Activity Book and Fun Day on the Farm Activity Book.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 2:12:42 AM PST
Good morning all. Another great start Leo! Thank you for sharing your gift with us....

Finding Infinity - Contemporary Fiction

Is it really too late for some dreams to come true?
Liddy James has put off her dream of owning her own French cupcake shop for 25 years, ever since she came home form Paris after college. Now, a widow and an empty-nester, she knows if she's ever going to do it, she better make it happen soon. Unfortunately, there are a few roadblocks in her path to finally achieving her dream. One is a sexy but mysterious DEA Agent dealing with the rampant local meth problem who obviously wants her--but preferably not living in the same town. Another is a cantankerous elderly mother who refuses to play fair, and finally, there are the townspeople of Infinity, Georgia who want nothing to do with her, her fancy cupcakes OR her big-city ways. In fact, someone in particular is determined to help her go back where she came from...the hard way.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 2:29:47 AM PST
Janine says:
Good morning thanks for starting Leo and for the link of previous chapter.

Back to RL starting work tomorrow holiday animal wise fantastic car wise disaster broke down in the park after sending it to a service two weeks before going on holiday, well I told DH don't like the box Audi A4 to make very long story short thank goodness we are positive people costing us about 900 to a 1000 dollars if I convert correctly mostly for towing took 4 days to get car out of park. We decided our holiday must go on thank goodness for car hire.

One mention animal wise saw wild dogs/painted dogs there is only 180/220 in the world they on the endangered species list we saw 16 together was really something special updated my profile picture with one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013, 4:32:39 AM PST
NC Red Rose says:
Would love to read this book. What is the title? Thank- you. Off to another busy day. Have to get my son ready for his day treatment center. They are trying to teach him how to act so he can start regular school. Much thanks to everybody for the free books and recipes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013, 4:53:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 4:56:09 AM PST
Janine says:
NC Red Rose Leo gives us most Mondays a new chapter he is our resident author very painful if you like me and want to read it finished but worth it. Personally there are many that open a new day that write better than some books I have read.
Edit spelling and to add.
Happy Anniversary Ebook addict.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 5:23:28 AM PST
BubbaK says:
Good morning all!
Leo- Thanks for the start and another gripping story. Like Janine says we will painfullly have to wait for the next installment. Boo...
Janine- Sorry about your car troubles but sounds like your trip was another wonderful experince. The painted dog is very cool. Such beautiful markings.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 5:26:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 5:45:53 AM PST
BubbaK says:
ebookaddict- Happy Anniversary!!!! How many does this make? Hope you have a wonderful day and many more anniversaries together.
Question about the Toffee-I know this sounds stupid but when you say to turn it out of the pan to coat, does it just kind of slide out, or is there a method to keep it all together in one piece when your getting it out? It sounds really good and want to try it!

eta- question about toffee

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 5:46:39 AM PST
Thank you Leo for the nice start. Like others, I am hooked! I will faithfully be there at your next start.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 6:00:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 6:02:11 AM PST
BubbaK says:
Again playing catch up from busy weekend,
LOB- Hope you are feeling better and that cold is letting up. We need your bright caring spirit here!
KayKay- Hope your little GD is hanging in there and not hurting too bad. Thats a hard age to keep them down and still without them getting too bored and grouchy.
Oregon Fiddler-WooHoo! You are doing an awesome job! Your virtual trainer, Robb, will be as proud of you as we all are. Keep on keepin on.
Dogs and Turtle- Hope you are getting some relief today. Sounds like the crud has taken a really good hold on you.
TiUTiger-Glad your scare was just a reaction and nothing more serious. Although at the time was pretty scarey. Those inhalers can do some weird stuff to people.
SDR Marla- Hope you are just busy with RL. I know you were getting everybody off and getting back to normal again but you are missed.
KyBookAddict- Hope you are doing well and recovering. Will be glad to see you when you can to let us know all is well.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 6:07:38 AM PST
☀ Suze says:
Good Morning everybody!!

This is really bad of me, but BubbaK just said everything I was thinking, so I'm going to say, "DITTO" and jump back on later!!

I hope you're doing well, BubbaK.....back to cold weather, right?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 6:21:41 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
Good morning all!

@ Leo - love the story! Thank you for the start. I alway look forward to Monday's thanks to you.

@ebook addict - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Wish you and yours many, many more! Thank you for the recipes too! I'll be sharing some more soon.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 6:22:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 6:24:16 AM PST
Scarlett859 says:
Kinlib update is out.
Update US 1301140329 (331)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/34d8/

In case you missed it last night, kinlib had another (small) update.
Update US 1301132017 (77)
http://us.kinlib.com/new/22e2/

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:08:28 AM PST
Good morning all :)
Thank you for the start Leo.
Happy Anniversary Ebook Addict! I'm going to live vicariously through you today and look forward to hearing about your special day.

Some of my picks today:
The Haunting at Blackwood Hall - Barrymore Tebbs - Horror
I Stopped Time - Jane Davis - Contemporary Fiction
These Fragile Things - Jane Davis - Contemporary Fiction
BAD VIBES: The Edge of Texas ~Book 3 (Romantic Thriller) - J. D. Faver - Mystery/Thriller ("Bad Medicine" and "Bad Karma" have both been previously offered free)
STALKING LOVE, A ROMANTIC THRILLER - Johnny Ray - Mystery/Thriller
Annapurna - Mitch Wilson - Action/Adventure
Thief in the Room - Luna Rice - Mystery/Thriller
Legacy of Olympus (In the Gods' Secret Service) - Teri Gilbert - Romance
Cold - John Smolens - Literary Fiction
Sing for Me - Penelope Reece - Romance

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:08:53 AM PST
@ B.J., Ty Ty, you really suprised me, and i think you are the angel in this rm.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:14:12 AM PST
Denise Long says:
Great start, Leo.

my 10 picks:

Pinpoint
Dust Devils
Noble Pursuits
A Lady in Crystal
CHILDREN ON DEATH ROW, THE HATE AND THE WAR, 8th Edition
Summer of the Moon Flower (The de Vargas Family)
The Roses of the Moon I: Mara
The Coming Flood (A prediction for the future.)
The Rosebush Murders (A Helen Mirkin novel)
Stone of Aether (Ashen)

Happy reading
and
have fun.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:17:42 AM PST
JudyD says:
@ Leo - Thanks for the start, it is wonderful as usual.

@Courtney - don't know much about this at all, the reason for the initial post, and as usual have had some very helpful suggestions, including yours about Picassa. I will be looking into them all and seeing if we can find something to help DH and for me to use later on. Thanks!

@Printemps - answering your post from last evening. It is exciting the first time you go out and find your eggs. I've had 2 chickens in my back yard on 2 different occasions - once when my son was small, as I wanted him to experience some things even though we live in a city, and I have a very big yard; the next time was when he brought 2 more home as an adult, and 2 rabbits which became ### more, and he did it without asking me. Well we enjoyed the eggs, until he moved to Missouri and took the hens with him. If we were to move away from here (retire), I would love to live more in the country where I could have them and not worry about the city citing us. I found that if the neighbors are happy, they did not report me..... so I made sure to share the eggs and I am always sharing things we grow throughout the year, avocados (we have 3 different types of Florida avocados, not those skimpy little wimps they sell in the grocery store), bananas, grapes, etc.

A few wish list search engine finds:
Nobody's Slave
The Haunting at Blackwood Hall
The Lazarus File: An Espionage Spy Thriller for Readers Who Enjoy Spy Stories & Tales of Intrigue (Suspense Thriller)
Tassels of Terror - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story

Have to sign in and get to work now. Will stop in later tonight.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:32:10 AM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
Hey.
Leo what a great start today. I'm saving them up to read all at once. That way I'm not on pins and needles for weeks. lol

For our new folks. Today there is a book written by our very own (and today's starter) Leo Little. I thought you might like to get it.

RISE OF THE DRAKYN (Sword of Souls)

When fourteen year old Marcus Kharn accidently smears blood on an ancient amulet-the only keepsake he has from his long lost mother-it alerts the Dark One that the rightful heir to the dragon throne is still alive.
The drakyn-nearly mindless flesh-eating dragons, hatched from the dead eggs of a dark queen-are sent to hunt for Marcus.
His beloved grandfather killed and vineyard home burned to ash, Marcus goes on the run where he teams up with a scholar-Ben, a novice healer/dragon-mate-Chelene, and her teacher the golden dragon who shares her soul-Xan'Drake. Together they make a pact to end the rampaging evil, which attacks villages by night, leaving behind smoking ruins filled with carnage.
Betrayal gets them all captured except Marcus, who is left for dead, buried alive beneath tons of gravel and rock. Marcus must embrace his destiny if he wants to escape the grave and rescue his friends.

"Rise of the Drakyn is a new voice in the fantasy field. A blend of horror, dark fantasy, and heroics, here is a story that challenges the genre while expanding it in new directions."
--James Rollins, best selling author of Devil Colony and Bloodline

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 7:42:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013, 7:46:51 AM PST
B.J. says:
Good morning FB&C. Sinus alert here. I don't usually have many sinus attacks, but this one is a doozy. No, wish I could claim the generous heart of Lurking Lulu, but sadly, not guilty. Glad you all enjoyed the surprise gifts and think there's a few more out there. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll try not to mess up the monitor when my face explodes. Later...

BJ

ETA: Leo, I am absolutely not reading your story. I did the last time, and really enjoyed it but the suspense killed me. You are really a fabulous writer. So, this time I'm saving until the last word is typed and having with a big slice of something good. Thanks so much for your genius.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 8:29:02 AM PST
Eeyoregeo says:
Thanks for another awesome Monday start Leo! I'll just be sitting here enjoying my apple fritter while looking for freebies.
Happy anniversary ebook addict!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 8:45:42 AM PST
Irish M says:
thanks for the start, Leo! Loving this story so far! Only two today, picked from LOB and Courtney's lists, thanks!

The Last Mailman: Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Zombies

Finding Infinity

Happy anniversary, ebook addict!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013, 8:58:29 AM PST
Zoo Keeper says:
Happy Anniversary, ebook addict. Wishing you many, many more.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6326 2 minutes ago
How do I search the Kindle Forum for the topic I am interested in? 3 3 minutes ago
Buying a book after reading a sample 43 10 minutes ago
duplicate devices showing in Manage my Devices 3 22 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8513 22 minutes ago
Can't open books on my Kindle! 17 27 minutes ago
ebook return policy 550 52 minutes ago
Blocking explicit songs on Prime Music 413 52 minutes ago
Amazon Prime For Hawaii and Alaska?????? 328 55 minutes ago
Will a Fire 7 work in India? 1 55 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers