4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Fed Ex Smartpost should be Fed Ex SLOWPOST

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 10:53:03 AM PST
P. McMurray says:
This topic may have been discussed before but I'm at work and really can't take the time to do a seach. I have been ordering from Amazon for many years and unless I need something ASAP for a gift or something, I will opt for free shipping. Normally I would still get it in a couple of days. When I ordered my Paperwhite, since I needed it like I need a hole in the head, I thought I would sacrifice a couple of days and go with the free shipping. Well, it was sent from some Godforsaken place about eight or nine days ago and is STILL a state away. It is definitely NOT going to reach me by their projected "estimated delivery date" of today.
Is Amazon going to start using this SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW system to send all free shipping or is it just for the Kindles or the Paperwhites?
And if so, WHY???????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 10:55:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 10:56:00 AM PST
Dragi Raos says:
Um, shouldn't FedEx be the right address for your complaint? It is them who are taking your device on a tour of the country, after all. Also, perhaps Sandy has something to do with the delay?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:06:28 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You get what you pay for. As you stated it was an estimated date...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:11:04 AM PST
In the meantime, there's been a hurricane in many of those Godforsaken places and it is possible that your tracking isn't quite up-to-the-second. I just got Amazon items shipped via SmartPost that came two days earlier than "estimated" and the tracking still hasn't caught up. I hope you don't get your blood pressure medicine by mail.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:14:22 AM PST
I think Smartpost is a FedEx/USPS partnership. That's like being partnered with a one-legged man in the three-legged race.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:53:40 PM PST
P. McMurray says:
Reallllly? There was a recent hurricane???? Did it hit Phoenix, Arizona where mine was shipped from? Thanks smart____. :)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:03:32 PM PST
Pushka says:
I know my FedEx item has been stuck in New Jersey for four days so I imagine their logistics is very difficult to manage because of Sandy.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:09:53 PM PST
Artist says:
The FedEx part of Smartpost is fine for me, it's once it gets to the local post office that it gets messed up. It sits there for days, and then our lazy mail delivery person decides when she feels like delivering it, which is usually not when the post office indicates that it will be delivered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:18:20 PM PST
Heaven forbid any one of the over 15,000 canceled flights had an impact on your little corner of the world.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:18:40 PM PST
Fedex delivered a parcel to me yesterday from Odenton MD in 5 days (not from Amazon), and I live in Australia. I suggest that you contact Fedex - did you not get a tracking number from Your Account page on the Amazon website?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:57:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:02:00 PM PST
The Blade says:
So....you think that a weather disruption the size of Sandy *doesn't* impact the entire country? That the impact won't extend beyond what happened in the the north eastern portion of the USA? Wow.

That said, I am not a fan of Smartpost, either. But I know that shipping all across this country may be upset for awhile.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
SwagBucks Thread 2016 1127 6 seconds ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 8089 2 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 7699 7 minutes ago
book collections 0 7 minutes ago
Transfer purchased books to new Kindle? 1 8 minutes ago
Kindle Cloud - Can I transfer my .mobi files over through it, or is it just for music? 50 18 minutes ago
Book Size 1 23 minutes ago
My Kindle doesn't work 9 23 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 9629 30 minutes ago
Book not complete 0 31 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.