Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

PW update 5.3.1 just happened. Anyone know about this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012, 3:53:47 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
My Paperwhite just updated to 5.3.1. I hadn't realized ther was a second update out. Anyone know what this update does for the PW?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012, 3:58:16 PM PST
Artist says:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-5?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201064850&qid=1356047849&sr=1-5

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012, 3:59:31 PM PST
Dolores says:
Mine is updating now and the site just says: The software update will be delivered wirelessly and includes optimizations for your Kindle's performance, including fixes for Wi-Fi connectivity. HTH

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012, 4:05:02 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
OK, Blaiz, I see that it exists. But what does it do??? You link just takes me to a page to update. The Kindle did the update just fine.

Mmm, guess Google is my friend. :)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012, 4:10:28 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
Well, sometimes Google is your friend. All I can find out is that it is supposed to improve Wi-Fi (never had a problem with mine) and maybe to prevent jail breaking (not something I do anyway).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012, 4:17:30 PM PST
♥ Ann says:
The information on the update page - performance and wifi fixes - is the only info. that Amazon has released about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012, 4:25:16 PM PST
Artist says:
Reading is your friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012, 4:33:56 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
So true. The storm had finally arrived in my neighborhood with strong winds that are playing havoc with the electric. So my PW is charged (and updated) so I can heap on the blankets and read. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1348 18 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 1907 22 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8482 28 minutes ago
Kindle in Motion 7 51 minutes ago
"Send to Kindle" iOS app extension not working 0 1 hour ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 780 1 hour ago
Kids Kindle Freetime Apps Deleted 10 2 hours ago
WiFi problems with Kindle Fire HD 7" 269 2 hours ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5253 2 hours ago
Kindle Fire charging port getting loose 1425 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers