Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

recharging my kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2011, 12:27:02 PM PST
Ila M. Brown says:
I've hooked my Kindle to electrical power as I have done before,but it did not recharge. I'm not getting a yellow light. Then I hooked it to my computerand still cannot get a yellow light.

It seems to be frozen.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011, 1:51:14 PM PST
Hello Ila M. Brown,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Kindle. Let's try and completely reset your Kindle. Restarting the software can solve intermittent problems. First, be sure your Kindle is disconnected from any power source and that the device is turned on.

To reset your Kindle, press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle for a full 20 seconds.

Release power switch and wait for reboot screen to appear. The screen should go blank within a few moments, flicker or flash a few times, and then you'll see the main loading screen.

If your Kindle doesn't restart or this problem happens again, you can reach us by chat or phone directly and toll free from many countries. Learn how on our Kindle Support website at:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

You can also give us a call at:

U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072
Kindle Support: 1-866-321-8851
International: 1-206-266-2992

Best Regards,

Shannon A.
Amazon Kindle Customer Service

Posted on Nov 17, 2012, 10:43:51 AM PST
K. Johnson says:
What colour is the light when my kindle is fully recharged?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012, 10:54:49 AM PST
Bixillarla says:
Amber - It is charging
Green - Fully charged
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.