Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle free time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2012, 4:56:51 PM PST
how do i get apps on the kindle free time for my kids? It said it was all free and yet I don't see free, i see in the apps store apps to buy?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 5:01:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012, 5:18:11 PM PST
Artist says:
Deleted because I was wrong.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 5:09:22 PM PST
The Kindle Free Time app is free, but not any apps you might want to purchase for your kids...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 5:59:04 PM PST
Gary, the Free Time feature is built into all of the 2nd generation Kindle Fires and is a way to restrict what your children see on the Kindle Fire, as well as how long they use the device. It can be set up differently for each child.

If you are looking for free apps, there are hundreds of free apps available.

Using the drop down in the search at the top of this page, click on apps for Android.
On the apps page, about half way down on the left hand side, click on your device name. Then click on whatever you are looking for, ie: apps, games etc. Do a sort, price low to high and all of the free apps will be listed first.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012, 12:10:27 AM PST
Simply Me says:
I purchased my Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire (2nd gen.) with the understanding that Kids Free Time was free. Well, it actually was. I just received my Kindle Fire HD today. I went to see how to set up it up and found that it is no longer free.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012, 12:14:51 AM PST
Free time is still free. There is a new option for special content that is a subscription service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012, 7:00:00 AM PST
Ann Lunden says:
Do a little more research; I think you'll find something that will work for you. If not, you have 30 days to return your device without question.

Posted on May 8, 2013, 10:44:58 AM PDT
Cora says:
How do I subscribe to Kindle FreeTime? My Kindle Fire keeps giving me an error and asking me to try again. What am I missing?

Posted on May 15, 2015, 10:39:17 AM PDT
My Kindle Fire HD arrived yesterday (5/14/15). Setting it up I had to pay for the 2-year guarantee that was supposed to be included in the purchase price. I haven't checked Kids Free Time that is also advertised in the sales letter as being "free". I feel that it's abuse to advertise you will receive these and not get them without paying additional. This is for my great-grandson and I wanted to have it programmed for him. I'm unhappy so far with no instructions to refer to. I didn't think I was getting a WYSEWYG item!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2015, 10:46:39 AM PDT
♥ Ann says:
Did you buy the regular Fire HD, or did you buy the Kids' Edition Fire? The Kids' Edition version comes with a 2-year extended warranty and a 1-year subscription to FreeTime Unlimited (and a protective case). The regular Fire HD does not come bundled with the extras.

You should contact customer support for help, as they can make sure you got the right Fire and help you get everything set up. To reach support, click the "Help" link at the top or bottom of any Amazon page, then "Need more help?", then "Contact Us". Or you can use one of these links -

https://amazon.com/clicktocall
https://amazon.com/clicktochat

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2015, 10:49:08 AM PDT
Which device did you buy -

Fire HD 6 Kids Edition Tablet, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case

or

Fire HD 6 Tablet, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black

The first is the Kids' version and comes with the 2-year warranty; the second isn't and doesn't.

All of the Fires have the Free Time app. The Kids' version also has a 1-year subscription to Free Time Unlimited.

I don't think WYSEWYG means what you think it does.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2015, 11:04:44 AM PDT
I bought the Kids' Edition Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2015, 11:33:41 AM PDT
♥ Ann says:
Then you should contact support about a refund for whatever extra warranty you purchased, and to help you get things set up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4363 7 hours ago
FREE Books & Chat - September 2017 522 7 hours ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2802 7 hours ago
kindle fire it sucks and blows 357 7 hours ago
Display Book Title 0 7 hours ago
my old non-amazon .MOBI books only show up in Docs 5 7 hours ago
No "Send-to-Kindle E-mail Address" for Fire 19 7 hours ago
My Kindle is frozen and won't reset or turn off. 151 7 hours ago
New Fire HD 10 tablets - Oct 2017 23 8 hours ago
App keeps hanging and crashing while trying to read comics. 0 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  May 15, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers