Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Best way to clean my Kindle II screen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2012, 3:11:03 PM PDT
My Kindle screen has spots on it. Cat was in my lap and sneezed. Yeah I know yuck but I would just like to clean it of before she does it again.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 3:19:55 PM PDT
Fud53 says:
Just wipe it with a slightly damp clean cloth...and don't let your cat sit in your lap while using it...yes, yes, yes I know you love your cat, but if it scratches your screen you will be less than happy...and yes...it can happen. We call it common sense.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 3:20:04 PM PDT
Lowcountry says:
Get rid of the cat?...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 3:44:50 PM PDT
She has no claws and she is 17 years old.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 3:53:11 PM PDT
NO WAY! She is such a love and after 17 years we love her to pieces. Guess I will just clean the screen

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 3:53:24 PM PDT
LadyH95 says:
I use commercially available pre-moistened wipes for glasses / lenses.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 4:05:43 PM PDT
Thanks. Seems a bettr option that getting rid of the cat!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 4:42:12 PM PDT
Chance says:
That was a horrible suggestion; just ignore those two who responded so negatively.

I use eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth -- the same stuff you would use to clean a pair of glasses. Just spray the cloth lightly, wipe the screen, and you're good to go. Give your kitty a scratch behind the ears for me!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 4:56:39 PM PDT
Thanks Chance. I couldn't believe some one would actually respond that way. I guess some people just don't understand how attached we can become to our pets.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 4:58:49 PM PDT
Just Peachy says:
I took it as a joke.

Like others have said, clean it like you do eyeglasses.

Hope kitty is not sick. I have a 17 year old female cat also.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 5:10:03 PM PDT
No she isn't sick. Hasn't sneezed again in a long time. I have anothe cat who is 18. She is not as much of a people person as her siste is

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 5:21:58 PM PDT
J. Seidel says:
The cat was expressing her distain of trolls in the Kindle discussion threads. I agree with the cat.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 5:47:18 PM PDT
She's pretty smart so you never now lol

Posted on Aug 9, 2012, 6:23:45 AM PDT
lcook0825 says:
Her claws must have gone to Fud53. Lol.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012, 6:30:56 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
or use what you use to clean a flat screen TV - i do all the kindles and the TV on a regular schedule

Posted on Aug 9, 2012, 6:45:02 AM PDT
LadyH95 says:
I often wonder what my dogs think of that small box Mama stares at all the time. When I set it down, sometimes they walk up to it, smell it, give it a lick (which I tell them to stop doing). They have no clue why I stare at it all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012, 4:49:51 PM PDT
Aww you keep your sweet old girl on your lap. Kindles can be cleaned and replaced even, but your good friend can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012, 6:44:49 PM PDT
Thanks Mike. She is such a love. I just hope we have her for several more years. She gets around pretty good for an old girl. Loves to play with the laser light.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013, 11:34:47 PM PDT
Cats are beutiful intellectual individuals which i find fascinating, As for the kindle screen i use a damp bit of fabric. Alas this usually works pretty well so if your screen ever has any more difficulties i recommend this method.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Hindi Dictionary 6 2 minutes ago
free books 5 4 minutes ago
The Cloud should have all purchased Kindle books available to all devices 0 8 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 7075 13 minutes ago
Kindle Fire won't accept my wi fi password 118 31 minutes ago
Fire HD8 won't play transferred movies offline 1 39 minutes ago
We're Quirky And Proud Of It! Join Grace The Bichon, Mighty Mouse, Snapper, Wookie The Hound, Pear Eating Turkeys, Cats Playing Ice Cube Soccer And A Herd Of Giraffes! No Rude Big Goats Allowed! Tally Ho! 9624 44 minutes ago
how to connect kindle fire hd to windows xp 32 46 minutes ago
how to get your book ranked on Amazon 3 51 minutes ago
Does amazon prime work overseas? 220 53 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer