Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle PaperWhite in Canada?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2012 1:54:47 PM PDT
E. Eliakis says:
Any news on when we Canadians can purchase this?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:56:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 1:57:35 PM PDT
Shpeeler says:
Id say after Christmas since they want to be sure it gets to the most amount of US citizens as possible for Christmas. Although I can be (and hope im) wrong.

They may also let you order sometime before but have a 2 month waiting period, I remember thats what happened when a friend of mine ordered hers in Canada.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 1:56:43 PM PDT
Alex P. says:
As usual, probably 2-3 months after US release.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:02:15 PM PDT
E. Eliakis says:
What if I get it shipped to a US destination, and have said US destination ship it to me? Will it still function?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:03:21 PM PDT
Shpeeler says:
Yes it will work, its actually better since the US version get a wall charger where as international ones dont. At least that how it was in the past. Im in Canada and purchased my last Kindle at Best Buy in the states and works fine.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:05:02 PM PDT
E. Eliakis says:
I'll see what I can do. I'd rather not have to wait until next year, if the thing comes out next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:08:31 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
You do not get a wall charger unless you pay seperately for one, they stopped that long ago.

From the Product page:

Included in the Box Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 2:09:02 PM PDT
Shpeeler says:
boooooo!

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 7:42:35 PM PDT
Jasius says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 6:06:34 AM PDT
A. Moses says:
With comparable specs and pricing? Which ones?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 3:07:21 PM PDT
Holmwood says:
You could try the Kobo Glo. Available October 1, at C$129. It looks to be potentially slightly superior to the new Kindles. It matches the new Kindle on resolution and crispness, has a similar light, probably has a faster cpu, comparable battery life, and is expandable via microSDHC card (kindle is not). You'll also be able to borrow ebooks from Canadian libraries, which Kindle still doesn't seem to support.

Caveat: this is not a product I've yet tried (ditto the Kindle Paperwhite) so all I can go on is video of it and specifications. Also, if you have a number of DRM'd kindle ebooks you won't be able to read those on any competitor's reader. (Though you can read Sony, Nook, and Google Play books on a Kobo).

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:47:12 PM PDT
Y. Troyanov says:
I WANT IT IN CANADA, AMAZON HEAR ME!

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:53:03 AM PDT
I too would like to see this released to Canadian buyers as soon as possible. Aren't we a country that reads!! At least post an ETA for Canadian buyers.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 10:39:39 PM PDT
I'll be purchasing the competitors product as Kindle is really just rubbing it in my Canadian face.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:42:39 PM PDT
Ranma says:
Kinda BS.. this is why I bought an IPad over Kindle fire. At least Apple cares about Canada.

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 11:44:00 PM PDT
Apple only cares about your money.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:49:57 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 3:43:29 PM PDT
Amazon clearly doesn't care about my money.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:59:03 PM PDT
JES says:

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 8:52:12 AM PDT
Scooter1812 says:
To my Amazon.com friends I'm sick and tired of this not in Canada crap. You just lost a good customer..

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:01:16 PM PDT
Gin says:
`You DO realize the reason Amazon doesn't sell Fire's in Canada is because they can't get the lisensing and copyrights they need to carry data content? Talk to your government!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 7:41:36 PM PDT
JES says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 7:58:45 PM PDT
Kim says:
Eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 11:10:45 AM PDT
"`You DO realize the reason Amazon doesn't sell Fire's in Canada is because they can't get the lisensing and copyrights they need to carry data content? Talk to your government!"

Luna, this thread is about the Paperwhite, for which eBooks are already sold to Canadians for the other kindle models, so there is no new deal to be made for licensing and such in this case.

If you were talking about the Fire, then yes, Amazon still hasn't licensing deals for movies in Canada.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:15:18 PM PDT
Pageturner says:
I think you mean residents, not citizens.... There are plenty of US citizens in Canada :P
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions