Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

multiple kindles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 8:54:41 AM PST
Sarah says:
Me and my brothers each have a kindle and any app I have downloaded they cant download. How can I fix this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:56:34 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
If the Kindles are not all registered to the same Amazon account, then the app can not be shared.

Some apps can't be shared anyway. Look at the product page for it to see what applies.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:59:02 AM PST
Sarah says:
When I try to download an app they have it says its in the library but I cant find it..

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:03:42 AM PST
Just me says:
This is the exact problem I am having with my 2 kids Kindles. One bought Minecraft, the other wants it also. It's not in the library, but when I try to buy it for child 2, it says it's in the library. It's not in the cloud either, on hers.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:05:04 AM PST
Just me says:
Both kindles are on the same account and if for some reason it can't be shared, we should be able to buy it again, right? Any help?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:05:21 AM PST
icepop says:
Yeah, I'm having this issue too. I'd be willing to buy the app twice, I just need it on both devices. Also, I bought an app through the web store, but I'm unable to get it onto my Kindle. This needs to be fixed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:06:13 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Check the "Manage Your Kindle" page and select the "Your Apps" link on the left. If it is available for your device, you can ensure it has been downloaded from that page.

Otherwise, I haven't a clue. I don't have a fire and have never used any app-like thing for the eInk devices.

If all fails, use the "help" link at the top of any Amazon page and, then, select the orange button "Contact Us" and ask Amazon Kindle Support.

DL

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:06:14 AM PST
E. Schell says:
We are having the exact same issue. If anyone has any suggestions, please advise. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:07:54 AM PST
Sarah says:
Exactly all three kindles are connected with the same account, this is ridiculous..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:12:04 AM PST
MikeJW says:
Did you sync? Otherwise, like DL suggested, contact Kindle customer service.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:24:59 AM PST
The Blade says:
>>>>"Did you sync?"<<<<

This is the key. You must turn on your wireless and then synch before all apps will show up in your library. Synch is how your Fire knows what changes have taken place back at Amazon (apps added, etc.) so your Fire will be clueless that you have added an app until you do this.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:28:34 AM PST
Just me says:
Yes! We got it! Thank you. We're new to this and still don't know all the ins and outs. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:29:56 AM PST
This applies to everybody. Are the Kindles the same? There are some apps that only work on the basic fire but not the HD. And there are probably others that work on the HD but not the basic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:31:34 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
What was the solution? There were others that reported the same issue.

(You didn't reply to any one post so we don't know what the "fix" was.)

DL

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:43:37 AM PST
Just me says:
I got on the one that didn't have the game and pulled the screen from the top, hit wireless to make sure of a connection, and then hit sync. It got the game on it right away after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:47:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 9:59:24 AM PST
The Blade says:
Just me,

First - glad to hear it is now working for you.

Second - when replying to a post in these fora, I suggest that you click the "Reply to this post" link in the lower left corner of the post. That will then link your post to the one to which you are replying. See "In reply to an earlier post" in the upper right corner of this post.

It helps the reader of a thread understand who is posting what to whom. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:41:23 AM PST
Just me says:
Ok, got it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:42:40 AM PST
Just me says:
Yes, our 2 are both Kindle Fire HD's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:43:47 AM PST
The Blade says:
Well done! :-)

Enjoy your Christmas and this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:16:29 AM PST
My daughter just ran a chat on this..... was told to unregistered device and register again once she did this then all games were in the cloud in that device and you just have to download game into device from that devices cloud....whew.....finally got 3 kids sharing downloads..after registering each so each has what the other kindles had downloaded indivually.......hope this helps

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 11:24:06 AM PST
dp says:
Is there anyway to do this? I have an old kindle that i want to take the books off the device and give to my daughter. I received a new paperwhite. I already transferred my books onto that kindle. I want to have both on my account so I can pay for books and since she is under age but do not want those books on her device because they are not age appropriate. I deleted the books from the old kindle but they went into archive from "delete from device". If I delete from my account I will not be able to have them. Is there anyway to have her on my account but get my books out of the archive on the old kindle. Already tried to reset to factory settings, but once you go in a -reset to have on my account, she got all the archived books on her kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:02:04 PM PST
The Blade says:
new Kindles have some parental controls that old ones do not. The only thing that I know of to do is to load what books you want her to have on her (your old) Kindle and then de-register her Kindle. She should still have access to those books that you loaded, but not have access to your account. When you wish to buy her more books, register her Kindle, send her the books, de-register the Kindle. A lot of trouble, but the only way that I know of to accomplish what you want with an older Kindle.

Best of luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 1:05:38 PM PST
Or just tell Kindle to forget wi- fi password.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 7:02:16 PM PST
Jenn, IN says:
go to the top where your name is and pull down the menu. go to applications and hit the sync. Took me an hour to figure this out :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 7:03:21 PM PST
Jenn, IN says:
go to the top where your name is and pull down the menu. go to applications and hit the sync. Took me an hour to figure this out :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Paper white age 11 44 seconds ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5746 4 minutes ago
Tax on Kindle books? 15 9 minutes ago
Fire stick drops network connection 1590 21 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 126 27 minutes ago
Kindle Fire 10 question 6 33 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4969 49 minutes ago
My Kindle Touch can't connect to my wifi router at home 25 54 minutes ago
Echo Toilet Paper 6 57 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 4413 59 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions