Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire won't play any videos

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 736 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 8, 2012 7:34:56 AM PDT
T.Ketchum says:
My Kindle Fire lately will not play videos. everyonce in a while I'll get lucky and hit one (on youtube) that will work but other than that 90% of the time it wont worn and an error occurred message will pop up. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 8:01:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2013 8:20:18 PM PDT
Beth Sexton says:
One of the software updates turned off Flash.

To turn it back on from the Home screen

Web in the upper right corner
Menu icon in the center bottom
Settings from the Pop Up
Swipe up to go down to the Behavior section
Set Enable Flash to Always On or On Demand

ETA: These instructions are only for the first Fire.

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 6:25:34 PM PDT
jims says:
I cannot get any videos to play since April 9 2012. I tried the menu; settings; always allow flash and still no videos. Any help??

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 6:34:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 10, 2012 6:34:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:48:53 AM PDT
kawhite3 says:
I have the same problem. My teachers put most of our docs in pdf and none of then pull up even with the flash enabled.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 8:34:37 AM PDT
Still won't play iphone video on Fscebook

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 9:16:11 AM PDT
I am having the very same problem. I used to be able to stream a movie - it will not load now on my kindle fire. I do have flash set for always on!! I can watch a trailer, but the movie will not load!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 10:40:29 AM PDT
Jinny says:
Again same issue here too. It worked for a while after I got in (from Dec til about April). Then it will go the Amazon instant video screen and say "loading" but within 15 - 20 seconds it says "Sorry. Loading this video is taking longer than we expect..." I've tried hard resets, enabling the Flash player as always on, allowing pop-ups. I'm out of ideas! Anyone have any other suggestions?

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:19:46 PM PDT
Woody says:
@Jinny Have you tried calling Amazon's Kindle tech support? It sounds like something they should be able to fix or, if not, then arrange for a replacement. Your Fire should still be under warranty.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:29:49 PM PDT
I think it's your Fire. I don't watch instant video all that much, so I just went to give it a try. The movie began streaming immediately and no buffering problem at all.

Kindle Customer Service: 1-866-321-8851

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 7:14:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 29, 2012 6:14:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 1:01:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2012 1:01:38 AM PDT
Emma says:
i dont have enable flash on my settings. all i have in enable javascript

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 5:30:03 PM PDT
I've just started experiencing problems with some YouTube videos. I enabled flash player for on all the time. I still get the message "an error occurred while trying to play your video. The video may have been interrupted or is an unsupported format. Please try again." I did and I got maybe 3 seconds more before the same message occurred. I'm suddenly having trouble with YouTube videos and other flash player videos on my PC as well.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 8:59:41 PM PDT
fuzzybunny says:
Same problem here. I think its a software problem with the latest adobe flash player update. I used to watch video constantly.. up until about a month ago. Now I cant play any youtube videos and everything else is hit or miss. Please help...

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 10:17:39 PM PDT
Very disappointed in the Kindle Fire. Had books, movies and music downloaded that I was planning to use while on vacation and stated having the same issue noted above where the videos would not play. I unfortunately tried the option of re-setting to the factory settings and it after I did so, it would not re-connect to the Wi-Fi (even though it said it was connected). After spending more than an hour on the phone with the customer support, they decided to just send me a new device...which means the one I brought with me for use during my vacation is useless. Very disappointed that the Kindle Fire is having so many of these problems and that they don't have a better way to get them fixed via their customer support representatives.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 10:54:47 PM PDT
I downloaded the latest Adobe Flash Player with the same negative results on my PC. Also did a thorough security scan and everything pretty much everyone else has said to do. It still freezes up and quits. And other videos from other sites just buffer. I have no idea how or if you can download the latest Adobe Flash Player on the Kindle Fire or if that's something Amazon.com has to provide. This is so frustrating and maddening. And yes, I still believe its a glitch on Adobe, YouTube and or Google's part.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 10:56:59 PM PDT
Wesley Meyerholtz - Adobe is abandoning Flash in favor of HTML5. Blame Adobe and the websites that still use Flash, not Amazon. No new Android device will be running Flash.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 7:01:00 PM PDT
I think my kindle fire was a waste of money it doesn't do what I want it do half of the time.and the videos freezes up or don't play at all

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 7:29:52 PM PDT
dfn.ninja says:
Sounds more like half a waste of money.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 10:00:29 AM PDT
It really appears to be a problem from Adobe Flash Player. I have the same thing happen on my PC. However, I have no idea how or if you can update Kindle Fire with Adobe or if they have to sent out updates once Adobe gets the problem fixed. They still deny there is a problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 10:10:08 AM PDT
 nospin  says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:03:04 AM PDT
Hi,

I Just received my kindle fire hd (7 inch) about 5 days ago and have spent 3 days off from work playing with it and getting to know it. Music and books work no problem. Web is great. No problems with youtube as of yet. Biggest frustration is that I have DVD's I own and ones I've bought recently and ripped so I could save the discs for backup. I have tried converting and ripping to every format possible including mp4 and vo8. Nothing works. I keep getting the message 'this file cannot be played.' I have used 3 different converters including Miro and nothing works. On top of that, because I live in Australia, I can't buy anything from Amazon because of the geographical restrictions. So my questions are any suggestions on the movies and does anyone know if Amazon ever plans to branch out to Australia so the Kindle Fire HD becomes what it says it is?

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 4:44:14 AM PDT
I live in Berlin, Germany. I have family in the UK, so I set up my kindle with amazon.co.uk. However, I can download books etc but when I want to stream a film or tv episode, I get a error, "an error occurred connecting to the network".

Does anyone have any tips?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:09:06 PM PST
debles47 says:
same, i dont know what to do

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:19:16 PM PST
Tim - Try a different video player. I use MoboPlayer on my Kindle Fire and it plays almost anything!

I believe I got it from 1mobile. You will have to change the settings on your Fire (under "device") to allow installation of applications from unknown sources.

I also use ES File Explorer to see all the titles of my videos and I can open them from there.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  421
Total posts:  736
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 76 customers

Search Customer Discussions