Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

can I put a book on 2 kindles at the same time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012, 8:43:35 AM PST
I have 2 kindles and would like to know if I can download the same book on both kindles.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 8:44:38 AM PST
If they are both registered to the same Amazon account, yes, most books allow up to six simultaneous download to devices on the same account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 1:58:31 PM PST
Steve's:::: says:
Y'know, I've tried this on a couple of occasions and no success. I keep having to physically go into the "Manage Your Kindle" section and re-send my purchase to my "other, 2nd unit". I was going to call customer service but since this subject was brought up in the forum, perhaps someone can give me a hint on setting the default to two kindles at the same time each time I purchase (one-click) a book.
Thanks in advance to anyone taking the trouble to respond!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 2:19:33 PM PST
Crissy says:
You select which kindle you wish to send the book to at the time you purchase it I don't think there is a way to send to both kindles at that point. You will need to go to MYK and send it to the other one, like you've been doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 2:23:19 PM PST
You can't send to two or more Kindles when you purchase, but once you've purchased a book, you should see it in the archives of other Kindles.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 4:06:55 PM PST
Steve's:::: says:
Thanks Crissy and Cassie Anne!
That basically confirms what I have been doing. Its just that some folks, like Bruce (above), say simultaneous downloading to multiple devices is possible, so I thought I'd give it a shot. That would be great, so I wouldn't have to remember, but I'm sure I've dealt with issues far more complicated. I think.

Thanks again all!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 4:15:26 PM PST
I'm sure Bruce meant most books can be on up to 6 devices/apps at the same time, not that a book can be sent to 6 devices/apps at the same time.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 4:21:18 PM PST
Thanks everyone for the help. Boy do I wish this thing came with instructions in hard copy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Unable to Setup Yahoo E-mail on Kindle Fire HD 45 1 minute ago
Amazon Echo (Part 2) 570 1 minute ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 2314 4 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (Alexa) bass and treble settings 1 13 minutes ago
Page Numbers of Actual Book 15 18 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 9529 20 minutes ago
How do you edit an email contact on the Kindle Fire? 13 29 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 2268 30 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7788 31 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5544 35 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer