Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

speakers and silk problem on kindle fire hd

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 1, 2012, 7:13:20 PM PDT
sb631 says:
has anyone had a problem with the speakers and silk (the web browser..i believe that's what it is called) on their kindle fire HD? a few times when i was on the web Silk would stop responding and i would have to restart it. Not sure if it was just the site I was on.

Also, the speakers sometimes make a noise. its hard to explain but it is sorta like they are dying or something. it is like a static sound. Wish i could explain it better. but the sound still works fine it just makes that noise sometimes.

thank you!

Posted on Oct 2, 2012, 6:31:37 PM PDT
Brian Newton says:
Yes, having the exact same problems. I guess I'll have to contact Amazon to see what they have to say about it. Hate to have the speakers die already.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012, 9:10:31 PM PDT
Stormi says:
speakers make a pop noise when i unlock hoke screen now i cant hear anything ugh

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012, 10:48:13 PM PDT
The popping noises have been brought to Amazon's attention. Hopefully it will address it soon.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012, 9:54:35 PM PDT
My speakers went out on our Kindle Fire HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012, 10:01:25 PM PDT
Dammon Burden - Contact Kindle Customer Service and report this to them. They can send a replacement.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012, 5:10:48 AM PDT
I am having problems with my Kindle Fire HD speakers occasionally crackling and popping. This is my second Fire HD, as the first one was returned with the same problem. The first one also lost a line of pixels in the center of the screen. Is this an ongoing problem and am I going to lose my speakers altogether? What can I do.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012, 5:53:11 AM PDT
Well... adding cause it is the same. My speakers are popping. They started the same day I received the unit.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 1:26:03 PM PDT
mine is doing same thing. guess i have to contact amazon as well.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012, 1:29:18 PM PDT
mine is the same, speakers work sometimes then not the next with lots of popping.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 5:49:01 AM PDT
I spoke with an Amazon customer service representative. He told me the speaker issue was a software issue, which Amazon will be releasing an update to rectify the pops. I was leaning toward the speaker issue being a software issue after so many folks reported the trouble.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012, 5:58:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012, 6:00:55 AM PDT
NRF says:
just received my kindle fire HD and am having the same problem with the sound (cracking/popping/static) from speakers. does anyone know when amazon plans to issue the software fix?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 6:02:40 AM PDT
Sooner than later is what I took from my conversation with customer service. If you want to try and drill down something more specific ask them to call you. I told the customer service guy somebody should let everyone know about the issue, as having your speakers pop isn't fun.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012, 1:29:29 PM PDT
same problem w my speakers crackling and popping and also cant get videos on web pages to play it tries loading it forever then finally says silk is not responding..

Posted on Oct 20, 2012, 3:43:59 AM PDT
T. Ritter says:
I have the exact same problem. I hope the loudspeakers won't take any damage from the popping. Doesn't sound good at all! Please fix!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012, 3:46:49 AM PDT
@T. Ritter: I think that you need to go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html and contact CS. I advise using Live Chat or the Call Me Back feature and not email, as they will have your account details available to them immediately when you talk with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012, 6:46:51 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
tom,

The speaker "popping" issue is being addressed by Amazon. Hopefully, it will be resolved with a software update this month. As for videos, you may be experiencing a problem with sites that employ Flash to display them. Flash is not supported in any recent browser running on mobile devices. Some websites detect the absence of Flash and advise you to download it. (That doesn't work.) Others don't have such sophisticated coding and simply hang.

Your only viable option to resolve the problem is to side load an out-of-date browser such as Dolphin HD (8.5.1) along with a compatible version of Flash. Instructions to do this are found in various spots around the web. Try googling for sites that provide them or take a look through the threads dealing with the issue here and on the Kindle Help Forum.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012, 5:14:24 PM PDT
Alex Dunbar says:
Samething with me! One speaker is blown and the silk always freezes! its annoying

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012, 6:27:59 PM PDT
If the speaker is blown call Amazon. They should replace it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012, 6:17:08 AM PDT
sassy says:
my left side speaker went out called amazon they are replaceing only had the kindle fire hd for 3 weeks and this happened

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012, 6:38:58 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
sassy,

I can understand your frustration but in fact, it's more likely to have a problem with an electronic device early in its life cycle than later on. The industry term for this is "infant mortality." What it means is that a small proportion of units will past initial testing but fail when they begin to be used. Typically, this is the result of heat generated by the device that causes a component to fail. This is why "extended warranties" are very profitable for those who offer them and usually not a very good choice for a consumer.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 4:38:19 AM PST
BevK says:
Now, the HD 89ers that they will start shipping 11/20 won't have the speaker problem...right? No poppong or blowing out of speakers....right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:02:39 AM PST
T. Ritter says:
I had no more popping on my KFHD since the 7.1.2 software update... Can anybody confirm?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:23:37 AM PST
When did the upgrade and how do I get to it?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:28:10 AM PST
jsh1120 says:
Jacqueline,

If you have a KFHD you probably already have it. Check the version of software you're running in the Device tab under settings.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4368 7 hours ago
kindle fire it sucks and blows 362 7 hours ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6594 7 hours ago
Kindle app suggestions 41 7 hours ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 2115 7 hours ago
cant choose video player 0 7 hours ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 9139 7 hours ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9867 7 hours ago
Display Book Title 1 7 hours ago
my kindle keeps shutting off during use. 170 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Oct 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers