Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

transferring books from pc tp kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2012, 11:17:16 AM PST
Can I read books purchased from Amazon for PC on my Kindle? Have transferred files but they do not show up on kindle book list.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012, 11:27:01 AM PST
They have to be downloaded specifically for the Kindle onto which they are loaded. Did you load from Archives on the Kindle, or just copy the files?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012, 8:32:15 PM PST
I purchased books to my Kindle for PC and now want to move/copy them onto my actual Kindle. Possible??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012, 8:45:28 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
No. Go to Manage Your Kindle, select the book, and use the drop-down to "deliver to" your Kindle. The Kindle will receive the book wirelessly.

Alternately, you can download a copy for your Kindle to your PC to be copied to the Kindle via USB. But each copy of a book is uniquely encrypted for the device or app it'smdelivered for.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Unable to Setup Yahoo E-mail on Kindle Fire HD 45 1 minute ago
Amazon Echo (Part 2) 570 1 minute ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 2314 4 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (Alexa) bass and treble settings 1 13 minutes ago
Page Numbers of Actual Book 15 18 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 9529 20 minutes ago
How do you edit an email contact on the Kindle Fire? 13 29 minutes ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 2268 30 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7788 31 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5544 34 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer