Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Freetime Unlimited?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2012, 3:25:18 PM PST
How to you get started? I clicked on the app, I created a profile and no were do I see anything that says to sign up or start free trail.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012, 3:32:00 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You have to make sure that your Fire has the latest update that started going out yesterday. I believe it is version 7.2.2.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012, 3:49:20 PM PST
OK, thanks

Posted on Dec 8, 2012, 6:01:11 PM PST
aly814 says:
I am having the same problem- hopefully we can both figure it out soon! This was to be a cmas gift for my daughter but at this point I am ready to send it back!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 6:13:52 PM PST
gary says:
I am having the same problem. I have version 8.1.3 which is the latest for Fire 8.9. Still see no subscription link. Just blank blue screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 6:29:13 PM PST
It is not available yet for the 8.9

Posted on Dec 18, 2012, 9:26:56 PM PST
Does anyone from Amazon actually comment on these threads? I tried setting up the Kindle Fires I bought for my kids tonight and I was also unable to find an option to enable the subscription portion of the app.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 8:55:58 PM PST
I am having the same problem. I even called the Amazon support number but they had me delete child profile 3 times and make a new one. Each time after I did this they said now click the start free trial button. Of course, like everyone else here, I was not brought to a page with that option. After she started to walk through the same process yet again after explaining each time that it did not work, I hung up on them because it is not worth my time. I bought this for my son for Christmas and wanted to get it set up for Christmas, and now I am thinking this purchase itself is a waste of time if I can't even use it for what I got it for and the support service is that bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012, 8:59:25 PM PST
Michael, which Fire and system version do you have? Swipe down > More > Device > About to check system version.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 9:04:18 PM PST
I finally got the subscription portion to work. I had to manually download and install the latest update for the Kindle to get it to go. Oddly enough, while I was manually patching my son's Kindle Fire my daughters decide to update itself. After patching the Manage Titles AND SUBSCRIPTIONS was finally available as an option.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 9:22:48 PM PST
mom of many says:
Even worse for me. The app doesn't show for purchase in the appstore, nor the library, nor anywhere on my new kindle (2nd gen). FreeTime is the whole reason that I bought this silly new kindle! How frustrating!

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 9:25:32 PM PST
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx3VNX9V2VTHG5M

Posted on Dec 24, 2012, 6:36:43 AM PST
Gary Johnson says:
I had a heck of a time getting free time, and then even harder to get the unlimited to work. But "syncing" does work, it just takes a bit of time (Amazon's update procedure leaves a little to be desired, but I am very happy with the overall outcome). The only way I could get it to work was to pull down the menu and "sync" then leave it on, and I put it up (to go to sleep on its own). I checked on it a few hours later and TaDa! Everything was there, I couldn't get the update to download when I put the device to "sleep" myself for some reason. Once you sync it, it has to download before you can use the update.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012, 11:14:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012, 11:15:59 AM PST
mom of many says:
What I had expected from the instructions that I read, is that I could sync, turn off the kindle, and a few minutes later the update would be ran and ready to go. That didn't work, but while I was using it later, it spontaneously ran the desired updates. After that, the FreeTime was on the app page as it should be.
Setting it up was easy enough, and, so far, I like FreeTime so much that I'm considering buying *myself* the 2nd gen kindle just so that I can use FreeTime for my young kids on my kindle fire.

PS: "Old Rocker" ROCKS! Thanks :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5524 27 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2166 52 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7777 1 hour ago
Amazon Insider app for Fire HD 8 5 1 hour ago
kid's kindle fire..App Unavailable: SD Card Not Found??? 225 1 hour ago
free books & chat - june 2017 (fb&c) 748 1 hour ago
Audible prime channels 7 2 hours ago
Why Does It Take SO Long????? 51 2 hours ago
Can I play the same music to multiple Echo devices? 460 2 hours ago
My kindle won't turn on 3725 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers