Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Registered

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2012, 11:18:50 AM PST
Emmie Louise says:
Purchased new Kindle Fire HD as gift for grand daughter... She opened today and my name is displayed. How do I remove and have replaced with her name.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:24:09 AM PST
What a great gift! Will the device stay registered to your account? If so, you can change the name through your Manage Your Kindle page. https://www.amazon.com/myk

You may be prompted to log in. Click Manage Your Devices in the left sidebar, and then click Edit next to the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:25:17 AM PST
BooDittie says:
Your Account>Manage Your Kindle>Manage Your Devices (on the left side)

Be aware that it will still be registered to your account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:44:01 AM PST
Emmie Louise says:
Thanks so much. Should her mom open an account to register under her name since we do not live in same city?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:46:37 AM PST
Emmie Louise says:
I want have this registered to her or with/thru her mom.??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:49:52 AM PST
BooDittie says:
I don't know how old your granddaughter is but for parental controls, in particular, I would think it's best that her mom manages the account. A debit or credit card has to be on file even to download free apps and, personally, I don't think I'd want to have to deal with that long-distance.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 12:14:25 PM PST
Emmie Louise says:
Great info , thanks everyone

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 12:39:55 PM PST
Emmie Louise says:
I don't want registered in my name???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 12:51:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012, 12:52:22 PM PST
You can have it registered to your account, but have her name on the Kindle. I have several Kindles registered to my account, all with different names.

Husband's Kindle, Cassie's Kindle, Sis' Kindle, etc. They're all registered to my account, but they have their own names.

Whether the Kindle stays registered to your account (named with Granddaughter's name) or not is something you and your granddaughter's parents should decide.

No matter which account it's registered to, it can be named with Granddaughter's name. Amazon's default is to give it the account holder's name, but that can be changed by following the instructions listed in an earlier post.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 12:56:36 PM PST
BooDittie says:
How old is your granddaughter? You have to factor in what happens when she buys something with your credit card, "accidentally" or not. You have to be the one to factor in how easy or difficult that's going to be when she's not under your roof.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 1:01:02 PM PST
Sheila (NJ) says:
You need to deregister it. Then let her mom re-register it to her account. I hope you didn't content for it under your account, because it won't stay on the Fire once you deregister it.

The way you have it set up now, anything she purchases with the Fire will be charged to your account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 1:36:07 PM PST
Emmie Louise says:
Ok, they did register to me after I even told them it was a gift. Thanks so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 1:58:20 PM PST
You can deregister it from your account.

https://www.amazon.com/myk

You may be prompted to log in. Click Manage your device on the left, and the click "Deregister" next to the device's name. Granddaughter's parents can re-register it to their account.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4368 7 hours ago
kindle fire it sucks and blows 362 7 hours ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6594 7 hours ago
Kindle app suggestions 41 7 hours ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 2115 7 hours ago
cant choose video player 0 7 hours ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 9139 7 hours ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9867 7 hours ago
Display Book Title 1 8 hours ago
my kindle keeps shutting off during use. 170 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer