Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 6:19:57 AM PST
Kevin Flynn says:
Can you read a book from kindle fire outside in sunlight

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:20:18 AM PST
Not very well, no.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:35:31 AM PST
LadyH95 says:
About as well as you can on a smart phone.... not very well at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:35:55 AM PST
I do it all the time. Just keep the direct sunlight off the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:44:45 AM PST
So you can as long as there is nothing around that's too bright? That makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:46:47 AM PST
It does, doesn't it? I would never have thought of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:48:23 AM PST
So just find a nice goverment building somewhere and you should be all set.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:52:58 AM PST
As long as I don't use an iPhone to try to find one...

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:55:58 AM PST
Cluny says:
Kevin
I do it all the time. I read outside in the sun all summer long. Just adjust brightness upward , turning down when I don't require bright light as from what I understand it drains battery faster when it (i.e.brightness) is higher.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:00:35 AM PST
Kevin Flynn says:
Cluny, So you have no problem reading the kindle fire outside like around a pool? I know a regular kindle works fine around the pool with my sunglasses one. But want to upgrade, but do not want to purchase it if I cannot use it outside.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:03:17 AM PST
It looks exactly like your cell phone screen or your laptop screen. Since, y'know ... it's the same exact kind of screen. Backlit glass.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:21:37 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
Just a note. My sunglasses block the kindle Fire Display. I was trying to look at it in the car and thought it was not even turning on. In frustrration I took off my sunglasses to look closer and bam there was the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:25:01 AM PST
Polarized lenses.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:26:10 AM PST
Word.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:40:46 AM PST
Obviously some people need a more detailed explanation than others. I live in South Florida. I sit on the patio to read, no trees shading where I sit. No overhead canopy. My patio faces south, into the sun, which is also south. I face the sun and angle the Fire to approximately a 45 degree angle in order to keep the sun from directly shining on the glass. I can read perfectly well on the Fire under these circumstances. I also can read perfectly under the shade of a tree or under an umbrella. I hope this helps the OP, though I'm sure it won't help Phillip.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:44:31 AM PST
GnomeEd says:
The Fire is NOT an upgrade. It's a completely different device.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:49:56 AM PST
M42 says:
I read mine all the time outside. You have to turn the brightness up quite a bit, which of course impacts battery life. The key is not to sit where the sun reflects off the screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:55:45 AM PST
Nice veiled insult you got going on there. ;O) You seem to be of the belief that I was taking a dig at you. I was not.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions