Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

We want Instant Video on Android too. Come on Amazon!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 411 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2012 6:27:01 PM PDT
ANGELA says:
I am so sick of apps for IPad. I own a K Fire. I love my K Fire. I use it at home mostly, I also own a Samsung Galexy Media Player 5.0 its nice and smaller and lighter. I use that everywhere else. I think if they are going to allow Instant Video for IPad I think Android should have it too. So I'm hoping to use this forum ask Amazon to make it widely available. People would be even more likely to invest in Instant Videos if they could watch them on their Android device. They did it with their Kindle reading app why not this? So please help me make them see the light. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:29:16 PM PDT
Bridget Ruth says:
Someone else said the can watch Amazon VOD on their Android through the Amazon website in their browser.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:34:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 6:43:14 PM PDT
ANGELA says:
Yeah but its steaming you are dependent on your wifi speed which can be choppy. You can't download like on K Fires Instant Video. I really enjoy watching movies when I'm in places with no wifi like work on my break or the gym. The quality is a lot less when its not thru the instant video application.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:40:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 6:45:47 PM PDT
Bridget Ruth says:
Then you should be clearer in your OP where you say "Instant Video". The only movies the iPad app let's you download are ones you've bought (and maybe rented, I haven't tried that yet). Everything else, such as Prime videos, are streaming, whether through my iPad app or your Android browser.

There probably is one in the works, the kindle app also came out for iOS a bit before it came out for Android, lots of apps do.

ETA all I'm seeing on my app are either movies and shows I've purchased and Prime Intant Videos, which aren't available for download.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:50:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2012 8:32:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:52:45 PM PDT
CLS10 says:
Most apps, especially those from big companies, come out for iOS first. The same happened with kindle. Android will probably get the app eventually.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:53:32 PM PDT
Have you sent feedback to Amazon letting them know your request? This is a customer discussion board and its questionable whether or not an Amazon employee will ever read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 6:57:14 PM PDT
Bridget Ruth says:
And that app is mainly for streaming movies via wifi (unless you plan on buying movies from Amazon, which as far as I can tell can't be purchased directly in app). Which you said isn't really what you're looking for . . . And which you can currently do using your Android browser (iOS devices couldn't because it requires Flash).

There will probably be one for android, and likely in the near future.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 7:01:35 PM PDT
ANGELA says:
I have Grey, and I do believe that read these as they frequently delete stuff ive also posted in the section for feedback

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:10:13 PM PDT
CLS10 says:
They delete this frequently because enough people reported a post. But I don't think they actually read things regularly unless it's something big (like a book disappearing from archives en masse).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:21:08 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
Just to confirm, you can download rented movies with the iOS app. The one I tried gives me a month o start a 24-hour rental. It's not clear yet whether I can start the downloaded video without being connected; that's a problem often reported on the Fire. When I'm ready to watch it, I'll put my iPad in airplane mode and see what happens.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:35:22 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:37:23 PM PDT
Bridget Ruth says:
Yay!. It has to be rented through the website though, right? Probably for the same reason you can't buy kindle books through the app, the 30% fee apple wants . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2012 7:58:39 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
Yes, it's the same as with the Kindle app. And I think that's fine. The Amazon website -- the full, desktop website -- works great on the iPad. It's fast and full-featured and easy to navigate, complete with every option from reviews to account management to forums like this one. Why wouldn't you want to use it for all your Amazon interactions, since you're already holding the iPad in your hand anyway?

You can have Safari and the AIV app open at the same time and task-switch between them with a simple multi-finger swipe. Search for videos with the full-featured search tools available on the site, add them to your Watchlist, and they're immediately available in the player app. Simple, easy, and doesn't add redundant features to the player, instead making optimal use of the iPad's capabilities. Very thoughtful, IMO.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 12:13:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 2, 2012 12:14:22 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:05:09 AM PDT
Sarida says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 5:05:59 AM PDT
Sarida says:
Since Amazon announced their new app for iPads to watch instant video, we can now do so!

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 1:57:37 PM PDT
Brett says:
The Kindle Fire is Android based. Making it available on the Play Store for Android wouldn't be that difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 1:58:41 PM PDT
Brett says:
You can but not on newer Android 4.1 devices. Adobe Flash is not supported for 4.1 or beyond.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:16:25 AM PDT
Fritz says:
If I had an app for android I would buy from amazon.... but if the play store gets more content then I won't look at amazon anymore.

Amazon better hurry....

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 7:50:56 PM PDT
M. Cohn says:
I like to consider myself a loyal amazon member, but i agree with Fritz. I can get movies from a ton of other apps, but i want to wait to see if Amazon decides to return the loyalty. Its a guarantee that adding an AIV app to android would increase profits, so whats the downside?

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 1:12:21 PM PDT
Kim Huff says:
Instant Video does NOT work on the Android. I have tried opening the browser and watching it from there and it does not work. I too am tired of apps coming out for Apple devices first and then we Android people have to wait. The only reason I can figure out why is because the Apple devices are all basically the same. With Android, each phone that runs the Android operating system seems to work slightly different. Either way... I still think Amazon should be working on an Android app. According to Fox News, Android sales are about 22% more than iPhone in the last 2012 quarter. Get with it Amazon... we Android users are closing in fast and cannot be ignored much longer. ;-)

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 1:19:37 PM PDT
Denni says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 2:51:47 PM PDT
Mr. JZ says:
Sounds like most Apple users lol. It souldn't be that hard plus they already have the servers for it. I'm sick of Apple period, support isn't there and you cant even talk to a real person unless you get a "Genius" appointment and all of this is from someone that supported Apple owning quite a few iStuff. I got hooked on Android and now only keep iStuff around due to the content I've already purchased due to DRM built into iMovies and iMusic! Netflix did it although it took a while, but I was considering leaving Netflix until it showed up in the Market. If enough users leave AP, just watch and an app will show up for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 2:58:36 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  197
Total posts:  411
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 29, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 45 customers

Search Customer Discussions