Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Removing Lockscreen Ads Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 213 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2017, 2:49:00 PM PDT
Don't you dare! You cannot do that to your grandmother! Be gracious and say thank you and curse at it when you get home.

Posted on May 5, 2017, 10:42:48 AM PDT
Kelly S. says:
Shutup! How bout let's send 15 bucks to India to feed starving kids! My word!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 2:48:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2017, 2:49:42 PM PDT
teddygrace says:
Somebody, way back in Sept, said the animation in the ads slow the tablet. Unless one of you smart people out there who usually straighten me out, thanking my lucky stars for you, tells me this is so, that the animation is running 24/7, not just during the couple seconds it takes to swipe and unlock the screen, and that this is a problem, I'm sort of skeptical. Mind you, I'll be a lifetime Newbie, and have learned many astonishing things here but, really? And, rarely are my ads animated except for the games. So, what's the truth about all the dastardly, damaging things the ads are doing? Have I got the gist? "If you don't like it, for whatever reason, you can control it - just pony up the $15 price break you got in the 1st place and get some peace of mind and a good night's sleep, and don't expect Amazon to make any changes. Advertising makes the economy work and makes the world go round."

Posted on Apr 27, 2017, 2:37:23 PM PDT
Gunnvor says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 2:25:29 PM PDT
Do you also not buy anything you see advertised on TV, a magazine, a roadside sign, or hear on the radio?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 2:20:54 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
The ads have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with how many swipes it takes to unlock your screen.

Really? Is that what you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 2:20:11 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
What? You only see the ad when you turn the device ON. How does that drain the battery?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2017, 2:04:15 PM PDT
R Moody says:
Nobody forced the ads on you. You chose the version that was ad-subsidized.

Posted on Apr 27, 2017, 6:29:17 AM PDT
teddygrace says:
How does an ad that's on the screen for the nanosecond it takes to swipe drain the battery?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2017, 9:25:46 PM PDT
Alex says:
This never happened when I bought the device.. I don't even have the HD. Now it actually drains my battery way faster than it should

Posted on Apr 26, 2017, 8:32:47 PM PDT
Devin M. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2017, 9:59:14 AM PDT
John Haley says:
I
have to swipe mine some times at least 5 to 12 times to unlock screen. Removed screen protector but didn't improve unlocking problem.
Had protective

Posted on Apr 1, 2017, 10:08:10 AM PDT
I called and they removed it for me but said its only free for people who lives outside the U.S.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2017, 2:55:49 AM PDT
Denis Powell says:
I don't see the option either so perhaps Amazon has removed it or there's a glitch in the system. You can, however, ask Customer Service for help.

Posted on Mar 23, 2017, 5:38:23 PM PDT
Gunnvor says:
I have a Fire HD8 6th Gen. What I don't have is any way to subscribe to turn off the ads/suggestions on the lock screen. Can anyone assist?

I did this: Amazon.com >> My Account >> Manage Your Content and Devices >> Your Devices

Under Actions for the device, I have the following options:
* Deregister
* Manage voice recordings
* Remote Alarm
* Find Your Tabler
* Remote Lock
* Remote Factory Reset
* Activity center
* View device content

None of these has any options that allow me to modify the lock screen action. :(

Posted on Mar 14, 2017, 8:45:54 AM PDT
Rob Dickson says:
Just go to customer service and ask them to get rid of it, it only took 5 minutes!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2017, 6:42:17 AM PST
Beth says:
Maybe but then they would have to click on the link ;0)

Posted on Jan 21, 2017, 1:12:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2017, 1:13:03 AM PST
jumptherope says:
The problem is...
Twitter! heh
Some have difficulty in concentrating on (and comprehension of) full sentences which include words with more than one syllable.

If there was a Video-link over each price , showing a KF WITH AND WITHOUT a Special Offer, maybe THAT would provide enough "clarification" ??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2017, 6:33:20 PM PST
So, you state that you didn't care enough to investigate,
But it's Amazons fault that you couldn't be bothered to click Learn More (one click) and read the information provided on the product page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2017, 6:10:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2017, 7:15:51 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2017, 6:01:56 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2017, 5:45:15 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 20, 2017, 5:59:02 PM PST
R. Smith says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2017, 1:13:45 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 27, 2017, 11:57:21 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2017, 12:02:51 AM PST
Denis Powell says:
One of the problems is that potential customers don't read what's on the Product page. When I look at the page for the Fire HD8, for instance, just below the buttons to select which version to buy I see "Special Offers display on your device's touchscreen. Learn more". When I click the "Learn more" link I see lots of information, including:

"Amazon is able to offer Kindle e-reader and Fire tablet models at a subsidized price by delivering Special Offers and Sponsored Screensavers. If you originally purchased a Special Offers device, you will be charged a one-time payment to unsubscribe from this service. This amount will be charged to the 1-Click payment method on your account, but will not be debited from any Amazon.com Gift Card amounts on your account.

To unsubscribe from Special Offers:

Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
Select the Your Devices tab.
Click your device to display more information.
Next to Special Offers, click Edit, and then follow the instructions to unsubscribe from Special Offers. You'll see the amount of the one-time payment before you confirm.
Your 1-Click payment method will be charged when you unsubscribe from Special Offers and you'll receive an email notification."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2017, 9:47:01 PM PST
How do you know Customer Service removes the ads for free? I read another thread where the customer assumed it was for free, but then saw the charge a few weeks later on his/her credit card bill.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5524 27 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2166 53 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7777 1 hour ago
Amazon Insider app for Fire HD 8 5 1 hour ago
kid's kindle fire..App Unavailable: SD Card Not Found??? 225 1 hour ago
free books & chat - june 2017 (fb&c) 748 1 hour ago
Audible prime channels 7 2 hours ago
Why Does It Take SO Long????? 51 2 hours ago
Can I play the same music to multiple Echo devices? 460 2 hours ago
My kindle won't turn on 3725 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  112
Total posts:  213
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers