Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

What should i do ??? My kindle fire was stolen.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 5:52:37 PM PDT
Frank Bowen says:
it was about 8 months ago no dice.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 5:31:21 PM PDT
R. Kraemer says:
When did you buy it. If it was in the last 30 days your credit card company might cover it.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 4:37:52 PM PDT
Frank Bowen says:
My kindle is/was a Kindle Fire. I left it on a Spirit flight from Myrtle Beach to Boston on 10/12/2012. Got into Boston at 12:23 AM on the 13th. it was left in the seat back of seat 9D. It has a marware black cover and says Susan's 3rd kindle when turned on. It is currently deactivated and sitting somewhere as a paperweight. If you found it let me know and I will pay your postage to mail it to me with a little something extra for your troubles. If you stole it you don't know me, so what I will tell you is that I have a particular set of skills. I guarantee you someday I will find it and thank you properly. posted on "kindle lostandfound" on facebook.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 1:02:12 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It is not very accurate because it uses wifi to track it. If it is not connected to wifi it will not track.

Posted on May 4, 2012 1:00:27 PM PDT
derrickm96 says:
I'm not sure what you should do, but I'm giving you advise on what you should do to prevent it next time. There is an app for the Kindle Fire called Locate My Kindle. It costs $1.99, but it tracks your Kindle. There is a website so you can log on and find your Kindle too, so you make an account and you can find it's location. Here's the link if you want to check it out. Locate My Kindle (Kindle Tablet Edition) I hope you find your Kindle.

Posted on May 4, 2012 12:54:18 PM PDT
J. Gatie says:
Deresgister it immedaitely on MYK. Then report it to your local police. Call Amazon with the police report, sometimes they can work with your local law enforcement to retrieve the Kindle if anyone tries to register it (but that is up to the police, not Amazon).

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 12:52:47 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Call Kindle CS and report it and de-register it at once. Call the police to file a report as well at least I would.

Initial post: May 4, 2012 12:51:44 PM PDT
someone stole my kindle fire from my back pack. What should i do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions