Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Download music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:50:07 AM PST
That might work, too. ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:48:30 AM PST
Thanks will give that a try, or ask my wonderboy grandson.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:44:23 AM PST
.M4A is the unprotected iTunes format and I don't think you can convert to that. Unfortunately, I don't know off the top of my head how to convert to .MP3 but I'm sure someone else here can help you with that.

ETA: Just FYI: You should change your default so that anything you rip in the future will already be .MP3 instead of .WMA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:40:07 AM PST
Hi Mr. Horn,

There are many very simple computer programs that can do that for you (most of them free). Some even have a very simple "drag the file you wish to convert here" functionality. Just Google "convert to mp3" and you will see dozens. I wish I could actually recommend a specific program, but I honestly haven't had to use one in several years.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:37:04 AM PST
How do I convert my music into MP3 or M4A

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:31:38 AM PST
If the file format is .WMA, it's not supported. Only .MP3 and .M4A will work.

Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 6:26:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:35:15 AM PST
I have downloaded music via a lead from my windows media player onto my Kindle. But it does not appear in music.
I have checked and its in kindles internal storage, but I cannot get it to play or move.
Any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions