Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Legacy, Arthurian Saga (4 books) Mary Stewart

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2012, 1:21:28 PM PDT
Doc Mark says:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but they finally Kindleized Mary Stewart's Merlin novels. "The Crystal Cave", "The Hollow Hills", The Last Enchantment", and "The Wicked Day". All for around $7.00 for the entire collection! I read these back in the 70's and remember them fondly.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 1:26:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2012, 3:04:25 PM PDT
Here's the link, for anyone who's interested: Legacy: Arthurian Saga (Four book bundle of Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment and The Wicked Day).

I'm currently reading The Warlord Chronicles, by Bernard Cornwell and wondering how these would compare. Anyone?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 5:10:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 18, 2012, 6:28:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 5:22:33 PM PDT
I disagree. This forum is for all things kindle, including books, which may actually somehow have something to do with kindles! There is no "rule" that all book discussions have to be in the book forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 6:15:31 PM PDT
Who made that rule?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 6:17:15 PM PDT
Fabulous, I remember those too, though I read them in the 80s, probably used, since I got all my books from thrift stores in those days (and some these days too LOL)

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 6:42:44 PM PDT
I stand corrected and deleted my earlier post. I wasn't trying to "police" the board and should have said that I think more people will respond on the Kindle Book forum, which is where most of the book talk is going on.

That being said, I can't compare Mary Stewart's books to Bernard Cornwell's because I haven't read hers. However, I enjoyed Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles and am presently reading his Saxon Tales series, which I like even more. I recommend both series to those who enjoy this sort of book.

My thanks to the OP for the alert as to the special price for the Mary Stewart bundle. I'll buy them and give them a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 7:00:52 PM PDT
I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Mr. Cornwell's books. I already have the first Saxon tales book on my Kindle. And I bought this set as well. Four books for $6.99 is a darn good deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 7:11:54 PM PDT
I just bought them as well. For those who care about such things, its also nice to note that they are DRM-free.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012, 7:29:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2012, 7:30:39 PM PDT
Scamp says:
I actually bought a bundle of these books in Feb. 2011, but it was oddly titled. I just opened it up and it has all four of the books. I paid $9.99 for it, though. Shortly after it was offered, it was mysteriously taken down, not to resurface until now, I guess.

ETA: The odd bundle was/is titled: Legacy (Book 1) - but it really had all of the books on it. I thought it was a good bargain then, but now it's a steal. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
How to change to black background and white letters? 96 7 hours ago
audible narration 3 7 hours ago
SwagBucks Thread 2016 2613 7 hours ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4381 7 hours ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2808 7 hours ago
FREE Books & Chat - September 2017 528 7 hours ago
Amazon Echo (Part 2) 704 8 hours ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 2119 8 hours ago
Amazon hacked?? Copy of my email.... 694 8 hours ago
New Fire HD 10 tablets - Oct 2017 24 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.