Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Dumb (I'm sure) question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2012, 3:55:16 PM PDT
Melissa says:
I don't use my Kindle much (mostly just for travel). I noticed that most of my archived books "left" my Kindle and went to my Kindle account on Amazon. I thought the point of being in an archive was to have them available to me on my Kindle. It looks like I have to go through my account purchases with Amazon to put them back on my Kindle. Is this true?? How do I prevent this from happening again?? Actually, what I would really like to do is put the ones I didn't really care for much back in my account and leave the ones I would like to read again in the Kindle archive. Long, rambling, dumb question!! Any thoughts??

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012, 3:57:35 PM PDT
The archive showing on your device is really just a list of the books in your account which you can access on your computer through https://amazon.com/myk page.

Just select the books you want on your kindle on that page and under actions send to kindle.

Posted on May 20, 2012, 6:19:26 PM PDT
cc says:
you can make "collections" which are folders. Put those books in a collection. By doing that, they will not be in the way of all your other books.

Posted on May 20, 2012, 6:24:56 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
The archives is a list of books that are on your Amazon account that are NOT currently on your Kindle. If you want them all on your Kindle download them and then create some collections to organize them.

When all your books are on your Kindle your archive list will be empty.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1281 2 minutes ago
Cannot filter my Amazon wishlist by price drop 58 5 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 696 20 minutes ago
my screen won't change orientation when turned. 73 48 minutes ago
Kindle for Mac/PC view modes 21 50 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9600 52 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8459 1 hour ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 6779 2 hours ago
Kindle Fire free up internal storage? 180 3 hours ago
the life span of a kindle fire hd 72 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 20, 2012
Latest post:  May 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer