Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

text size stuck

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 12:15:55 PM PST
Vagabond says:
Bought a book a few days ago called "Salt Sugar Smoke" by Diana Henry. Its a cook book.

Anyway for the life of me I can't seem to make the text size any larger and its currently a strain to read. No problems with any other books. Do some books have fixed text sizes? or am I missing something?
Thanks

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:19:49 PM PST
P. M. H. says:
If it is only one book, that book must be the problem. If it is within 7 days of when you bought the book, you can return it for full refund. I would also see if you can find the author's email and write them about the problem. This way it can be fixed in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:20:02 PM PST
Yes, some books have a fixed text size. It could also be that the whole page is an image (a picture of the text) instead of actual text.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:23:45 PM PST
I got the sample on my iPad and on my Fire HD. The font options are not available for this title. I have no idea why there are four 4-star reviews. It's too small to read, and formatted upside down on the Fire.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:40:53 PM PST
Vagabond says:
Thanks both for confirming...... its a great cook book and I'm happy that I've got it but the text thing is driving me up the wall.

Is there anywhere that I can complain/alert Amazon/publisher about this? Is anything likely to be done if I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:45:55 PM PST
If you look at the bottom of the book's product page, there is a place to report formatting issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:51:33 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I have noticed a few new books coming out this way. I took the plunge and just removed the DRM from them and now no problems. I will be damned if the publisher will have control over the text size.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:54:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 12:55:10 PM PST
I'm not sure that would fix this particular book. It looks like a glorified PDF to me. Like an image.

I've gotten quite a few books recently that are hard coded as far as the text goes. Ariel is a lousy choice for a font.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:33:15 PM PST
Vagabond says:
Thanks have now done!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:36:28 PM PST
Vagabond says:
Obviously can't discuss that here but will Google it!
Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 5450 4 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 8171 7 minutes ago
Battery life for basic Kindle (am I doing something wrong 3 12 minutes ago
wordwise enabled books in spanish 2 1 hour ago
Free Books and Chat - August 2016 766 1 hour ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 3298 1 hour ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4971 2 hours ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 4414 2 hours ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5755 2 hours ago
Kindle Fire Slow WiFi 91 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions