Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books and Chat - Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 326-350 of 372 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:38:52 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
That's what we do and it works fine EXCEPT:

- I can't 1-click other purchases because it will automatically take the money first from the GC balance
- I have to go through checkout for physical item purchases so I can click "change" on payment method and uncheck "use GC balance"
- I wouldn't count on seeing Kindle purchases reflected on the gift card immediately. I usually see a 15-30 minute delay between when I click on any known paid books and when it shows up on the GC balance page.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:41:07 PM PDT
Congrats Josie! My mom loves hers. She got hers when WallyWorld offered the $50 GC with purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:44:35 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
I don't blame you! I'd be annoyed, too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:47:04 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
Thank you, Emerald Coast! I had an omnibus edition on my wish list, so I didn't see that this volume had had such a great price drop! I had to one-click. (The P.L. Travers' Mary Poppins books were favorites when I was a kid, and I was hoping to get them on my Kindle!)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:48:00 PM PDT
I saw it and it was a have to for me. Now, I need to keep an eye on the rest of them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:50:34 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
What? A governmental entity being imprudent with money? Surely you jest!

<sarcasm mode OFF>

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:52:20 PM PDT
LOL! No, just private citizens trying to level the playing field for a class of middle school children.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 8:52:52 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
Okay, here were my picks for today. I can't say I was really excited about any of them, except for Ukishima. We've been having a thunder storm here, so I don't want to stay online, so apologies for the lack of descriptions!

The Amun Chamber
Leston, Daniel

Vignetta in the Red House
Kapture, Lawrence

His Name In Lights: a novella
Jansen, Patty

Chain of Souls
Armstrong, Dan

Ukishima
Sellars, Nigel

A Witness Above (A Frank Pavlicek Novel)
Straka, Andy

The Widow's Son
Steinberg, Bruce Robb

Freefall
Heitzmann, Kristen

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:53:56 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
Oh, a committee - the only known life form with six or more legs and no brain. :( Sorry you had to go through that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 8:58:38 PM PDT
Spot on.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 9:04:48 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
I keep meaning to add this to a post and keep forgetting.

I had so much trouble getting Truth Be Told by Larry King (definitely NOT free) when it was marked down to under a buck (it went down and up and down and up - like riding a merry-go-round) that when I finally caught it "down" I bought extra copies. If anyone wants one, email me and I'll be glad to gift it to you. I'll delete this post when they are gone.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:07:49 PM PDT
J. Morrison- I bet you come tomorrow we will find more to make your kindle fatter lol. We <3 doing just that :-).

Posted on May 2, 2012, 9:10:10 PM PDT
Mieko* says:
Goodnight everyone...time for streaming a few shows, and then sleep...

Micki

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:15:47 PM PDT
Just gifted and got one for myself. Thanks. $0.81 is a real bargain. Not sure why the regular digital price is $25. That seems a bit steep.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:17:11 PM PDT
Good night Micki. I was shutting down, but had to one-click on Ukishima and Truth Be Told. I needed more books. :o/

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:27:29 PM PDT
I always forget how good it feels to surprise someone with a little goodie until I do it again. I do think I got the biggest kick out of it the day GoldDigger got her very first down vote and I sent her one celebrating it and welcoming her to the cool kids club. Sending it from The Evil Chuckler made me laugh for a while...

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:43:46 PM PDT
Panger says:
Ann,
Thanks, most seem to think it was a fun read.
Panger

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 9:52:30 PM PDT
Panger says:
Micki,
OMG! I just checked and ammy sells straight jackets. Is that where you bought yours? Did you find any in prints? :)
Panger

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:02:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012, 11:26:27 PM PDT
Robin says:
Bubba and the Dead Woman

For some reason I enjoyed this book. The end wasn't surprising, it was apparent 3/4 of the way through who the culprit was (earlier for folks more keen than I am) but it was fun getting there and I didn't lose interest after "figuring it out" as sometimes happens.

Lot's of quirky characters and the protagonist is likeable. Not deep. Just a fun little read.

I clicked it a couple weeks ago when it was free.

In addition, Just want to say Thanks to the folks that take the time out of their day to post and share their finds. It is greatly appreciated.

TC, Robin

ETA; I've just learned that there is another Bubba book. This time the gal is just missing and not dead...it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out how this will end. I am sure he saves the girl.

As predictable as the last book was, and I am sure this one won't be a Pulitzer winner either, I plan to buy it tonight. It is good for me physically. Mindless entertainment gives my brain a break, and the chuckles from reading the book tightens my tummy so I don't have to work out. Win Win.

Bubba and the Missing Woman

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:03:47 PM PDT
Panger says:
MamaS,
Thanks, it was .81 and I clicked on it.
Panger

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:07:48 PM PDT
MamaSylvia says:
Well, phooey. No one will want a free gift if they can buy it for under a buck.

Emerald, hope you saw that Truth Be Told wasn't free! Of course, under a buck is ALMOST free ... but I wouldn't want to stand accused of diverting the thread from its stated purpose. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:10:37 PM PDT
Just consider it a reandom act of weirdness:) Had to check, you know!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:13:54 PM PDT
You know, I just realised that when I go to my digital orders, your (presumedly) real name shows up as gift recipient - not happy about that as I know you are rather protective of your privacy. Never realised that...

*not happy with amazon*

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 10:16:00 PM PDT
WF is just a kid, I think he is 13 or so, so sometimes comes off as less polished than he could be;-)

Posted on May 2, 2012, 10:17:50 PM PDT
*waits patiently for Northern Lights to catch up*
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle for PC Program won't download (Windows 10?) 28 8 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 604 36 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1126 48 minutes ago
Backup Kindle. 57 1 hour ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7004 1 hour ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8326 1 hour ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5235 1 hour ago
How to transfer a 1 license book from one iPad to Another? 2 1 hour ago
Kindle becoming slow with page turning and menu commands 94 3 hours ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9594 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  372
Initial post:  May 2, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers