Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3851-3875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 30, 2012, 6:41:00 PM PDT
I want a way to mark the book, preferably on the cover, that would tell me that the book was read and what I rated it. Then as I wander through my shelves I could easily pick a book I hadn't read or one that I really loved. Collections are nice, too. But even in the collection this kind of marking would be nice.

Posted on May 30, 2012, 7:34:40 PM PDT
Happiness is a fully charged Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 8:00:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012, 8:02:29 PM PDT
Rogue says:
bfree2read: While there currently no way to do what you would like to do, which I agree would be a nice feature, Amazon does offer this. It will allow you to mark your titles as read, to be read or reading and to rate the book 1 to 5 stars. You can later look at them by displaying one of the above categories. It's not collections but it is a helpful to keep track of your titles. Glenn
https://kindle.amazon.com/your_reading

Edit: There is also a search function.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 8:00:59 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Amen to that! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 8:06:31 PM PDT
Thanks, Glenn- I didn't know about that feature in Amazon of classifying your books into categories. I just checked out the link you provided. Great info! Joanne

Posted on May 30, 2012, 8:07:57 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: Your welcome, friend. Glenn

Posted on May 30, 2012, 8:36:50 PM PDT
cw says:
My books disappeared from my Kindle Fire and cloud. How do I get th
em back?

Posted on May 30, 2012, 8:40:16 PM PDT
if you have an amazon account,just look for the "contact us" button on amazon and request a call from them. they will help you. donna

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 12:30:56 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Glenn..another thank you. I didn't know about this.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 12:37:33 AM PDT
Rogue says:
Avid: Your welcome. I think at least for now it's better than nothing and definitely better than a sharp stick in the eye. Enjoy! Glenn

Posted on May 31, 2012, 3:10:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2012, 8:22:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 3:26:56 AM PDT
D. Taylor says:
This has helped so much more than I had hoped. Yes, I was looking for one that I could read books on more than anything. I was hoping the KF would have let me read outdoors. I really don't need to play games I just do it because I am bored. Will get the KF for my son so he can play games and the 3G for myself.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:04:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012, 8:09:07 AM PDT
LN says:
I'm glad it helped.

Now you have to choose between the Kindle Keyboard 3G, or the Kindle Touch 3G, and I can't help you there. My 3G is about 3 years old and still going strong, so I've never tried out the Touch varieties.

Maybe someone in one of the other Amazon threads could help you with the difference between the models.

Oh, wait, one thing I think is different that might help: my keyboard 3G has buttons on the sides that you depress to go forward or backward. I believe the Touch is the same as the KF, in that you have to touch the screen to move the pages. I find that I like the buttons better, but that's just me.

Posted on May 31, 2012, 7:14:44 PM PDT
Mike J says:
Please have an update that adds page numbers. It bothers me to only know how much percent you are in the book. Change it like any normal book PLEASE

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 7:18:43 PM PDT
Hello M. Jaap: This forum is made up of fellow Kindle Fire users. If you'd like to voice your opinion to Amazon directly, tap on the gear symbol at the top right of your Kindle Fire, tap "More" and Help & Feedback to leave your concerns. Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:04:11 PM PDT
Rogue says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:08:07 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Please remove this post. It is violation of Amazon's TOS.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:15:43 PM PDT
Hi, Glenn- I got worried for a moment. I thought you wanted me to get rid of my post above. Thank you for teaching me about new symbols I can use on the Kindle Fire. I was unaware until about 45 minutes ago. I finally mastered the comma as of a week ago; now I can explore the array of symbols. Thank you and Namaste, Joanne

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:22:36 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Joanne: I'll see your Namaste and raise you one Namaste! Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 8:57:00 PM PDT
I'll agree with that. It would be very helpful to have the page number.

Posted on May 31, 2012, 9:00:53 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Hello all. Just came back to leave this for Kindle Fire readers and glad I did. I guess while I was voting yes I put Glenn on IGnore. Now wouldn't that have been sad if I didn't catch it.
WOOL-a wildly popular, dystopian sci-fi novel-was purchased for feature-film development by director Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox, after a fierce Hollywood bidding war.
Okay, so why is this "intriguing"?Because Wool wasn't issued by a major publisher. Author Hugh Howey released it himself, as a series of cheap, self-published ebooks.
Howey is understandably giddy. "A few months ago," he writes, "I worked part time in the university bookstore, dusting the shelves and tackling shoplifters to pay the bills." But now? "Without a single dime spent in advertising, a short story I wrote and didn't even work to promote climbed to the top of the Amazon charts. It drew the attention of Hollywood. It landed me an agent and half a dozen foreign book deals.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 9:07:57 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 9:12:15 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Avid: It's good to know I'm no longer "blacklisted" by you. See at times even I can be useful. I've read the "Wool" series and thoroughly enjoyed them. I could picture(no pun intended) them being made into a movie. Glenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 9:24:35 PM PDT
Rogue says:
√π=©®™

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 7:42:24 AM PDT
Oak says:
Re Video files on KF.
I have some TV and Movie files on my Mac that I want to transfer to the KF. What file format should they be to view on the KF?
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1281 2 minutes ago
Cannot filter my Amazon wishlist by price drop 58 5 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 696 20 minutes ago
my screen won't change orientation when turned. 73 48 minutes ago
Kindle for Mac/PC view modes 21 50 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9600 52 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8459 1 hour ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 6779 2 hours ago
Kindle Fire free up internal storage? 180 3 hours ago
the life span of a kindle fire hd 72 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  1164
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers