Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

A Bible App that does not need wi-fi?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 70 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 6, 2012, 7:59:37 PM PDT
I cant believe u version doesnt have the down load version of the niv. I love the way you can navagate this bible. I am looking for a good study bible also does anyone have a sugestion

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012, 8:12:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012, 8:12:59 PM PDT
Q says:
It's free, so some publishers haven't given their permission to give away their product (the translation) for free. Why do you find that hard to believe? Are they giving away free NIV Study Bibles at your local bookstore?

You can go to your Amazon Kindle store and look up "Study Bible" and see what they have. There is a very nice NIV Study Bible in the Kindle store. Here's the link:
NIV Study Bible

But it's not free. It's $20. If you want free, the cheapest Study Bible I've found is the NET Bible:
NET Bible First Edition (with notes)

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012, 8:30:56 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Keep an eye out. Every once in a while it will be offered free for a weekend. I have it on my tablet and phone.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012, 8:39:13 PM PDT
Q says:
Cool. That's good for *me* to know!

Posted on May 6, 2012, 8:40:12 PM PDT
My hubby does support for YouVersion and as Q said, permission lies with the publisher and the publishers of the NIV and NLT are very strict with their permissions (rightfully so), but do allow free downloads for 24 or 48 hours or so from time to time. If you sign up for an account, you will get an email notification.

Posted on May 7, 2012, 6:55:52 AM PDT
Surveyah says:
I thought all the bible apps came with wings and got all their updates directly from heaven.....hmmmmm

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012, 9:04:48 AM PDT
Q says:
That would be handy ... and cool.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012, 9:20:14 AM PDT
The words may be God's, but the medium is Man's.

Posted on May 13, 2012, 6:20:55 AM PDT
scubaduba says:
http://NIVBibleApps.com The official NIV Study Bible app with all the bells and whistles. And half the price of the least expensive physical binding.

Posted on May 13, 2012, 10:06:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012, 10:08:13 AM PDT
There is a free app. Word of Promise® App While this is the free version of the Word of Promise Audio Bible, It contains all of the text of both the Old Testament and the New. It is very nicely formatted and very easy to navigate and read.

In addition if you opt for the full Word of Promise® NKJV You will find that it is one of the best Audio renditions that has ever been done. It has a cast of about 300 actors reading the parts of the charactors of the Bible.

Both of these versions are of the New King James Version of the Holy Bible. I enjoy this very much.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012, 9:33:01 PM PDT
Cara says:
Looks like NIVBibleApps only offers products for the iPlatform. Are there similar apps for the Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012, 9:34:13 PM PDT
Cara says:
I understand not wanting to give away the NIV and NLT versions. I would be willing to pay for it if youversion were to offer it (say $10?). Has YouVersion spoken with Zondervan about some kind of pay-to-use arrangement? Is it a problem with YouVersion's infrastructure?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 5:21:32 AM PDT
scubaduba says:
It's available for Kindle and Nook an Android too. Just check the respective stores.

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:13:47 AM PDT
scubaduba says:
Here's the Android Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tecarta.ZondervanNIVStudyBible

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:14:23 AM PDT
scubaduba says:
Nook store edition: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/niv-study-bible-by-zondervan-tecarta-inc/1109757873?ean=2940043887856

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:15:34 AM PDT
scubaduba says:
Kindle Fire edition of NIV Study Bible app: NIV Study Bible

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2013, 10:59:51 AM PDT
its horible says:
I have it on my device. But can't. Read it without. Wifi

Posted on Dec 22, 2013, 12:17:08 PM PST
I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I want to get the youversion bible that has all the different translations on it, which download do I do because all I see when I look at the description is just one version.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2014, 5:18:51 AM PDT
Thank you....it worked fine...Now, I can read my bible in church without knowing its password to the church's wifi.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2014, 2:30:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 6, 2014, 2:32:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 15, 2015, 4:09:18 AM PST
Jane Barnes says:
I got a new kindle, this time with 3G data. I'm not finding you version bible app that I'm used to. Does my new kindle not do apps only books? I need to be able to find verses quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2015, 5:42:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2017, 6:11:09 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 15, 2015, 6:57:43 AM PST
Chawks says:
I have been enjoying the Remnant Study Bible NKJV. Very Nice Bible.

Posted on Feb 15, 2015, 2:04:35 PM PST
Jane Barnes says:
It's a new paperwhite. I didn't realize what I would be missing. Will have to adjust.
Thanks.

Posted on Feb 15, 2015, 4:29:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2015, 5:27:49 PM PST
penname says:
On my iPad....I have the Olive Tree Bible App from the App Store and it's fantastic. I only trust one man's commentary so that's what is on the right side of the screen. Whatever place I am in the Bible, the commentary jumps to the same place. I use this app every day and really love it, it's got lots of features.

Once you've downloaded all the Bibles and books, maps, etc, you want, you can use them all offline. If you buy a new one of course you have to have a wifi or internet connection just to download it. I've got all I need for that App now so I always use it off-line.

Another tip....the Word of Promise App is wonderful for listening to the Bible (NKJV). I went thru the Bible in 64 days. :) The voice of God is Martin Jarvis and the narrator when others aren't speaking is Michael York and you just can't get better than that.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Oasis 0 23 seconds ago
Hindi Dictionary 6 2 minutes ago
free books 5 4 minutes ago
The Cloud should have all purchased Kindle books available to all devices 0 9 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 7075 13 minutes ago
Kindle Fire won't accept my wi fi password 118 31 minutes ago
Fire HD8 won't play transferred movies offline 1 40 minutes ago
We're Quirky And Proud Of It! Join Grace The Bichon, Mighty Mouse, Snapper, Wookie The Hound, Pear Eating Turkeys, Cats Playing Ice Cube Soccer And A Herd Of Giraffes! No Rude Big Goats Allowed! Tally Ho! 9624 44 minutes ago
how to connect kindle fire hd to windows xp 32 46 minutes ago
how to get your book ranked on Amazon 3 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  70
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers