Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do I delete books from cloud on kindle fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 149 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 21, 2012, 7:19:20 PM PDT
lexiboo says:
Hay thanks

Posted on Jun 3, 2012, 12:14:27 PM PDT
Anna says:
I had the same problem. This is what you do. Logo on to your amazon account. Go to the box on the left that says "Digital Content". Click on "Manage Your Kindle". This brings you to "Your Kindle Library". There will be all the purchases you have made. Hover over "Action" tab on the right and choose "Delete From Library". When done connect your kindle to wifi and sync. It works!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 10:25:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012, 10:28:56 PM PDT
Corinne says:
I have been trying for months to get rid of a few books. They are now gone from the cloud on Amazon, but they are still in my Kindle Cloud. Can't get rid of them. I did re sync it a few times. Any suggestions? The only options on the actual Kindle is to download or add to favorites. Not what I want to do!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 10:35:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2012, 7:46:25 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012, 9:00:03 PM PDT
I have deleted a book from my account on my laptop, it's gone, but it's still on my cloud too. I tried the above advice. But I can't get it off either. So aggrivating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 3:56:43 PM PDT
Ramzmunn says:
Hello... How do you delete the book from the device? When I go to the book it just brings it up. No place does it say where I can delete it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 3:58:18 PM PDT
♥ Ann says:
@Ramzmunn - Do you have a Fire? If so, hold your finger on a book for a moment, until a menu appears, then tap the remove option.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012, 7:45:30 PM PDT
Corinne says:
Jamie~ I had some books stuck in the trash can. I called Kindle, and they manually deleted them for me. If nothing has worked, this will!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012, 8:17:23 PM PDT
T. Lynch says:
Anyone know if Amazon intends to add the ability to delete from the Kindle Fire Cloud while keeping the book in your Amazon Account? Having to permanently delete and then repurchase seems like a scam and I'm disappointed Amazon would operate that way.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 12:28:29 PM PDT
J. Parris says:
where can i find manage my kindle? @pinapple

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 12:34:39 PM PDT
There is no "Kindle Fire Cloud". There is "the cloud", which is the same thing as your Archives. Think of it this way: You can put a book in a box (the box is the cloud). It's still your book and you can take it out of the box if you want to read it again. If you don't want it to take up space on your nightstand, you can put it back in the box. But if you throw the book out instead of putting it back in the box, is it a scam that you have to purchase it again? No. Is it a scam if you throw out your e-book (by deleting it from your account completely) and then have to purchase it again? No.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 1:07:00 PM PDT
T. Lynch says:
Yes, you are correct. But staying with your bookcase analogy, if I have a book I don't want my young children to see I can put the book in a different place. I don't have just one bookcase in my house.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 1:24:12 PM PDT
With the Fire, you can tell the device to forget the WiFi password, and keep WiFi off, except when you're supervising your child. You are supervising your young children while they use the Fire, right? Even the commercials show children using it with adult supervision.

Then it becomes a matter of enforcing rules. If you put the book up high and the kid climbs the bookshelf to get at it, there's a punishment. If the kid is going through the Archives on the Fire, then there's a punishment: no more Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 2:31:45 PM PDT
You are right about not wanting children to see some books. I have a 5 and 7 year old that plays games and watches netflix on my kindle. If you follow the steps i listed from the very beginning. the books will be deleted out of the cloud also. first delete it off the device. if you switch to your cloud you can still see it. Two go online to amazon and go all the way to the bottom of the main page where it says manage my kindle. Log on and go thru your list of books and to the right it gives you the option to delete. Three go back to your kindle and the little circle at the top right tap on that and if your on the cloud page you will see them dissapear right before your eyes. I have had them take a couple times not delete and had to tap the sync more than once. You would have to buy the book again but if your like me I read a lot of free or cheaper books that I doubt I would ever read again. I would rather be on the safe side with my kids its easy for them to go to the wrong spot. I hope this helps! ;D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 2:40:56 PM PDT
flipoid says:
Yes, T. Lynch, and the different bookcase in terms of Amazon e-books could be a separate account for your kids' Kindle books so they don't see the books on your account that aren't for them to read. Or, as others have suggested, download the books you want your kids to read to the Kindle and then shut off the wi-fi or deregister the device (if it's an e-ink Kindle).

Posted on Aug 1, 2012, 3:54:20 PM PDT
Phi says:
How do you delete books from my kindle library when the books are gone from my account

Posted on Sep 24, 2012, 7:02:53 PM PDT
Carole says:
<<Anyone know if Amazon intends to add the ability to delete from the Kindle Fire Cloud while keeping the book in your Amazon Account? Having to permanently delete and then repurchase seems like a scam and I'm disappointed Amazon would operate that way. >>

I wish this too!! It would be so nice not to store 400 books on my Cloud but be able to download them again if I wanted to.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012, 7:21:51 PM PDT
Dawn says:
"I wish this too!! It would be so nice not to store 400 books on my Cloud but be able to download them again if I wanted to. "
They ARE available for download again if they are in the cloud - that is what the cloud IS a list of items not on your device but available to download. You are NOT storing them on your device.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012, 7:17:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2012, 7:19:10 PM PDT
I hate this kindle fire. I am super frustrated, because i've tried all the suggestions made and i STILL see the books i have tried to delete.I dont see the little circle in the right hand top corner.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 3:43:43 PM PST
barbiirok says:
Where can I find Manage My Kindle at

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:32:28 AM PST
dynamicd says:
Kindle's response to this question -- it worked for me:
Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had deleting the books on the Cloud tab on your Kindle for iPhone app.

Given the circumstances, I've provided the following troubleshooting steps below which would usually help resolve the problem you're experiencing.

First, let's manually sync your Kindle for iPhone.

To manually sync your Kindle content, make sure your device is connected wirelessly:

1. From the Home screen, tap Cloud at the bottom.
2. Tap and hold the screen, pull down, then release.

If you're still seeing the deleted books, I recommend that you deregister and re-register your Kindle for iPhone.

You can deregister Kindle for iPhone by doing the following from your iOS device:

1. Launch the Kindle application.
2. Tap the Settings icon (gear) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Under Registration, tap the name associated with your Amazon.com account.
4. Tap "Deregister this Kindle."

You can also deregister online through Manage Your Kindle (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle).

Locate your Kindle for iPhone in the "Manage your Devices" section and click the "Deregister" link to deregister.

After you have deregistered the Kindle for iPhone, simply launch the Kindle application.

When the Kindle application asks you to log into your Amazon.com account, make sure you are using the e-mail address and password for the Amazon.com account where you have purchased Kindle books.

Now, kindly check if you're still seeing your deleted books on the Cloud tab on your Kindle for iPhone app.

If the issue persists or if you need further assistance, please let us call you or chat with you at your most convenient time so we can try real time troubleshooting and fix this problem right away.

You can also call us directly at 1-866-321-8851 or 1-206-266-0927 (if you're calling from outside the U.S.). We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

We hope you can contact us soon so we can help solve this problem quickly.

Thank you for your inquiry. Mary T.

Amazon.com

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 12:54:21 PM PST
Mary - thanks for replying, but unfortunately I've tried all of that and the deleted books still persist on both my Kindle Fire (Original) and on the Kindle app on my iPhone 5. They're gone from my Kindle 3rd Gen and my Kindle Paperwhite, which just makes this more confusing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 1:48:51 PM PST
A. Barlow says:
If you are deleting from i phone the little circle is bottom right

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 1:51:10 PM PST
A. Barlow says:
I have just deleted loads of books from my kindle keyboard, and my i phone including the cloud. I deleted them under manage your kindle on amazon then on my kindle app, bottom right, a little cirlce, this syncs and everthing went!!! Yee ha!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 1:53:37 PM PST
A. Barlow says:
On your i phone did you sync, the little circle, bottom right when on home page.?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Oasis 0 24 seconds ago
Hindi Dictionary 6 2 minutes ago
free books 5 4 minutes ago
The Cloud should have all purchased Kindle books available to all devices 0 9 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 7075 13 minutes ago
Kindle Fire won't accept my wi fi password 118 31 minutes ago
Fire HD8 won't play transferred movies offline 1 40 minutes ago
We're Quirky And Proud Of It! Join Grace The Bichon, Mighty Mouse, Snapper, Wookie The Hound, Pear Eating Turkeys, Cats Playing Ice Cube Soccer And A Herd Of Giraffes! No Rude Big Goats Allowed! Tally Ho! 9624 44 minutes ago
how to connect kindle fire hd to windows xp 32 46 minutes ago
how to get your book ranked on Amazon 3 51 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  149
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers