MX Player 1.4a is the best multiformat video player that works with the Fire imo (I've played with about 4 different apps). It plays every video file there is, and is the only one to utilize the dual core processor the Fire uses well enough.
To get that app or others, one would need to "sideload" the file from their computer. This may sound complicated, but it's a breeze to do.
First you need to go into your Fire's settings and allow the installation of 3rd party applications under the Device heading. Then, from the Amazon Marketplace on the Fire, search for and download the AndroXplorer (application that allows you to look at the folders in the onboard storage) app.
1. On your computer, search the internet for "application name.apk" (application name being whatever the apps name is in the Android Market + the .apk file extension)
2. If you can find it, download it to your desktop
3. Plug your Fire into your computer with a micro usb cable (most andorid/BB phones came with one).
4. In your file explorer, the Fire will show up as an external hdd. Open it, and create a new folder called downloads or apps, etc.
5. Drag/drop the downloaded .apk files from your desktop to this new folder.
6. On your Fire, hit "disconnect" from usb hosting, then navigate to the AndroXplorer app.
7. In the app, open the "sdcard" folder from the main screen and find your newly created folder.
8. Within your folder, you should see the apk files you dropped in. Click on them, and you will be presented with your typical Android app install agreement.
9. Rinse and Repeat
Just as a note, applications that require permissions such as a license (Pro versions, etc.) will not work since they will need to go through the Amazon Market for verification, and that won't work because they don't exist there. Also, applications such as Google + and Google Music won't work because your associated google account info is not on the Fire and can't be manually entered. And it should go without saying, applications that use GPS, Cell, or the like connections wont work either.
Recent discussions in the Kindle forum
AnnouncementCritical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
|0||Mar 23, 2016|
AnnouncementWelcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
|0||Mar 20, 2015|
|Potentially Perky People - Part Deux||8338||7 hours ago|
|FREE Books & Chat - September 2017||635||7 hours ago|
|I think my account got hacked.||37||7 hours ago|
|We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho!||4569||7 hours ago|
|Kindle HD 7 arrow in status bar||20||7 hours ago|
|Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV||2867||7 hours ago|
|Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV||6640||8 hours ago|
|Can't find book on my Kindle||54||8 hours ago|
|Removing ads from lock screen on 2016 hd fire tablet||24||9 hours ago|
|KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN!||9252||9 hours ago|