Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

We want Instant Video on Android too. Come on Amazon!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 411 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012, 3:00:19 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Most people will not leave Prime because of lack of Android support. The shipping is worth it without the other perks.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012, 4:09:28 PM PDT
Kim Huff says:
WOW how was I being childish? I simply found this post and saw that someone said you can watch Instant Video on your smartphone device via a browser and I was stating that this doesnt work. I further wanted to show that Android IS part of a growing group of smartphone / streaming users and we should not be ignored. As for the benefits of the free shipping... I agree this is a good reason to use a Prime account but for me it is not the only reason. My hope was that Amazon would see this... I had no idea that the customers would attack me for voicing my opinion. I think the question is why are all of you attacking me for voicing my comments.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012, 5:22:30 PM PDT
Bridget Ruth says:
Historically apps take awhile to come out for Droids.

That's what happens when any phone/tablet can run the OS and there isn't much of a QC hoop to jump through to get the app on the market. So send amazon an email, this is a customer forum.

Odds are good they're working on it. It just might've been stalled if all these new hardware rumors are true.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012, 7:28:55 PM PDT
G. Rascon says:
Angela, how is that Samsung Galexy Media Player 5.0 ? are you happy with it? I'd like to buy that, and get rid of my ipod touch

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 5:28:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 3, 2012, 5:59:19 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 5:30:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 3, 2012, 5:57:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 3, 2012, 5:31:42 PM PDT
Adobe no longer supports Flash on the current (and future) versions of Android. Amazon videos are in Flash. Ergo, I don't see Amazon making haste to provide AIV for devices which aren't supported.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 5:32:40 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just because it isn't available for Android yet does not mean it is being ignored. Things like this take time and money.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012, 5:39:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2012, 5:41:29 PM PDT
I can still watch Amazon videos on my Thrive. It is running Android 4.04

I access them through the browser...Maxthon is the one I'm using right this minute.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 5:41:03 PM PDT
Jo MW says:
But amazon instant video is an app on the iPad (which also does not support flash). So I'm hoping for an app on android in the near future.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 5:58:20 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
How are you liking the Android update? I have noticed a couple of minor bugs. Hopefully Toshiba will fix them soon. Nothing major though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 6:05:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2012, 6:07:08 PM PDT
My only complaint is the crashing of the browsers. Maxthlon, Dolphin, the stock browser, and Chrome, all crash a lot. And I wish I could figure out how to stop animated icons from moving, but can find no way to do that.

Some things still are better on a laptop or desktop system, but I do like the Thrive.

What bugs have you noticed?

Posted on Sep 3, 2012, 6:05:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 3, 2012, 7:19:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 6:09:33 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I was having the problems with the browser crashes before the upgrade to ICS. Not sure why. The major bug I have noticed is that if you leave wifi on while plugged in and you bring the tablet out of sleep mode it will not connect even though it shows connected. So I have it set to disconnect in sleep mode at this time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 6:16:57 PM PDT
I haven't noticed that, but my WiFi has gone missing a few times since the update. A reboot fixed it, and it doesn't happen often.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 7:19:03 PM PDT
ANGELA says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012, 7:32:56 PM PDT
G. Rascon says:
thanks Angela, it has helped. I want one of these now.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012, 9:56:08 AM PDT
Maybe an announcement today with the new KF??

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012, 8:54:12 AM PDT
Adobe dropped Flash in August and no longer supports Flash on Android devices. I upgraded to Jelly Bean and now have no way to watch streaming video on my tablet, either through the internet browser or an app. It's a huge hole in Amazon's video lineup and it needs to be fixed immediately.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012, 9:11:05 AM PDT
Dark_Storm says:
Agreed. however the request in this case is justified. It's not asking much to provide an Amazon Instant Video App for Android, especially when you consider the fact that it's on the Kindle Fire (an Android device). Doesn't really seem like that much of a demand (they have it obviously, just won't release it). Seems more like Amazon just wants to herd in a few more sales of the Fire. Why offer one of your best services for all Android users when you can just get them to buy your tablet? It's just business, I don't like it, but it's business. Too late to get my bread though, I spent mine on a Nexus 7, so I'm patiently waiting. Besides, I'm sure someone will find a way in without Amazon's help, and I'll be there to collect that app when it shows up in XDA forums somewhere..

Posted on Sep 11, 2012, 9:42:13 AM PDT
Sam Beckett says:
why hasn't amazon released an android app yet!!!

A google TV app is needed also!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012, 9:59:45 AM PDT
Alicia says:
Google flash player apk and use Firefox you will be able to watch your Prime videos. I have the Nexus 7 and Asus TF300 and it works fine.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012, 12:54:37 PM PDT
A. Topcu says:
We want a native app. shouldn't be that difficult considering Kindle is based on android and it has instant video.

Come on amazon! Listen to your customers!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012, 12:59:21 PM PDT
KYJeepster says:
I would love to have the native AIV app for Android.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012, 10:37:44 AM PDT
huntml says:
Not that you should have to use Flash given that there must be not-Flash versions of Amazon vids for iOS devices. But Flash is trivially easy to install on JB devices like the N7.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
August, 2017 What are YOU reading? 53 8 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1467 33 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 670 1 hour ago
Kindle keyboard turn on minutes left in a chapter? 1 1 hour ago
list versus covers 3 1 hour ago
Downloaded content from Amazon or Netflix won't play in kids mode witout wireless? 0 1 hour ago
Why is it so hard to log out of Amazon? 445 1 hour ago
So no more whispernet downloads? 18 1 hour ago
Kindle Wi-Fi stops working "MAC Address: Unavailable" 80 1 hour ago
How do I access my kindle.com email? 47 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  197
Total posts:  411
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 29, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 45 customers