Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Will the Kindle Fire support the HBO GO and MAX GO apps?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 156 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 6, 2012, 11:42:13 AM PDT
KungPowJAMMA says:
Wahooo .... Finally!!!!
HBO GO

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012, 11:45:09 AM PDT
HBO GO (Kindle Fire Edition)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012, 11:49:26 AM PDT
acraftylady says:
Thanks off to install it and play. I don't know why when I searched the kindle store on the computer it didn't come up. Mary

Posted on Jun 6, 2012, 1:18:18 PM PDT
ter sec says:
great!!!!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012, 1:46:38 PM PDT
DinDC says:
Just downloaded it and signed in. So excited.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012, 1:50:53 PM PDT
HBO GO (Kindle Fire Edition)
I also have Time Warner and wonder what the answer is to their not being on the list.
Ron Matheson

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012, 1:58:36 PM PDT
LilyBell2 says:
I hope Time Warner Cable will be on board soon. Right now, it's not one of the options. :(

Posted on Jun 6, 2012, 2:31:33 PM PDT
Jilly says:
Yeah!!!! Its working!!! Thanks all!!!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012, 8:49:18 AM PDT
Marc says:
Neither Time Warner nor Brighthouse have it available yet for Kindle fire. Brighthouse says no immediate plans.. don't know about TWC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012, 8:58:04 AM PDT
Pen Name says:
Called tw this morning. At first they said it was a problem with the ap and to uninstall it. Then they said they didn't realize they don't support the KF and acknowledged they were one of the last to support hbogo on other platforms like the xbox. So, no idea if and when it will be available. It is available on at&t u verse and directtv now in my area.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012, 10:15:35 AM PDT
acraftylady says:
Yeah the second tech I talked to the other day didn't even know it was out. Oh well at least I can log in from the laptop and watch from that in bed. Mary

Posted on Jun 8, 2012, 12:32:33 PM PDT
ter sec says:
Does It work properly for Charter Cable?

Posted on Jun 8, 2012, 12:52:25 PM PDT
acraftylady says:
Well is charter on the list when you go to log in? If it's on the list then you just need to log in with your charter log in probably to use it. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012, 4:24:31 PM PDT
LilyBell2 says:
I can watch it on my laptop too... but I would much rather watch it on my Kindle Fire. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012, 3:55:28 PM PDT
K. Matthews says:
Yes, it works for Charter. You'll need your email and your password.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 3:44:03 PM PDT
Christine D2 says:
sigh..another reason to switch from TW to Directtv.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 3:53:59 PM PDT
acraftylady says:
Well if you don't ue TW internet then go for it. I have no desire for sattelite and if I did would have to keep basic cable so I could have internet or find other internet means and I am not willing to give up my road runner high speed, runs flawless here. Mary

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 4:02:15 PM PDT
LilyBell2 says:
I agree. I won't switch from TW to DirectTV because my internet speed would be negatively impacted. The tradeoff isn't worth it.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 4:18:59 PM PDT
acraftylady says:
I know nothing about sattelite but does it come with some kind of internet? I know a friend online had direct TV or some such and had to have hugesnet for internet and hated it. I only need TV and internet as we have no home phone so the package deals are of no use to me even though they are good. I have very few calls that are important and mostly need the texting with my son being away so the cell for a main phone works for me. No more calling home to check message during vacation and people can get me where ever I am. The best thing was having the home number of 20yrs ported to the cell so I didn't have to change it at the bank and stuff. Mary

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 5:00:13 PM PDT
K. Matthews says:
Satellite internet stinks. Download speed is about 1.5-2.0Mb, and upload is *dialup* speed if you're lucky. We used it for a business that was in a DSL/Cable dead zone and it was horrible. Clouds would adversely affect the signal. You'd think with a 4 foot wide dish you'd get more stable service, but noooo.

TW will get HBO GO at some point. Patience, grasshoppah.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 5:11:38 PM PDT
acraftylady says:
Ok thanks. I went from dial up years ago to time warner so that's all I know. Hopefully will never have to go back to dial up. Mary

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 9:19:19 PM PDT
How do you install HBO GO. I only see FREE and SAVE buttons???

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 9:24:44 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
Try the Free button. I'm pretty sure that's what worked for me.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 9:55:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 1, 2012, 9:40:43 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 25, 2012, 8:21:03 PM PDT
Lindy says:
I installed HBO GO. I have Verizon FIOS. A log on message appears for my account number and password. However, the box asking for the information is tiny, too small to even read. Then a message appears indicating Verizon is not supported by the browser I'm using? Huh? I don't understand. I went directly to "apps" on my Kindle Fire and installed it. I am using whatever browser the Kindle Fire comes with and have never had any other issues downloading other apps. Can anyone help please? I also get a error message saying I'm not subscribed to HBO and yet, I am, with Verizon FIOS, on all 6 televisions in my home. Is there anyone else out there having issues with the Verizon download?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Can Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite do reverse contrast (black background and white text)? 188 6 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2567 26 minutes ago
Mass delte email on Kindle Fire HD help 64 39 minutes ago
How to delete books from Kindle Fire HD? 205 39 minutes ago
old ipad 1 40 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 8632 46 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3720 49 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8576 56 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6346 1 hour ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1393 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers