Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 328 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 7:35:10 PM PDT
@D. J. Smith

Nope, the new update replaced that with "Airplane Mode", and she found that. Now working.

Toshiba Thrive Rules!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 8:05:32 PM PDT
I had the same problem, Amazon sent me a replacement and it did it too. Then I discovered that the charger was bad....but them the second charger went bad too. I am looking for something a little better, they sell a charger for 20 bucks. I read that the charger that comes with the Kindle Fire is very cheap..so hence the problem. Also, the CS person told me that the port in the Kindle itself is very sensitive...so be careful unplugging and plugging it in.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 8:33:39 PM PDT
I have over 16000 email messages from my personal email address. When I click on an email it does not open it will say force close or wait or it opens to a blank page that says no text download page and when I click download it never opens up

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 8:35:17 PM PDT
I asked Comixology about this but they did not give me an answer. Anyone have this problem when buying comics from them for Fire? When I buy a comic from Comixology on my kindle fire the sale goes thru. But when I try and open the comic to read it I get the following error on my kindle fire: The application Comics (process com.iconology.amazon.comics) has stopped please try again. As may times as I try again I cannot read any new comics on my kindle fire. They work ok on my pc, but I want to use my kindle fire to read comics. Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 8:39:25 PM PDT
I have over 16000 emails in my personal email Acct. When I click to open there is either a message that says force close or wait. If it does open it is s blank page that says no text and to download page and it still does not open. When I delete emails either by holding the content down or by trash can ot by placing a check mark to delete it never deleted. Hence this is why I have do much emails. HELP!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 8:58:34 PM PDT
Your Kindle probably just got the software update. Press the Menu key. Scroll down and choose Settings. You want Airplane Mode off to turn on wi-fi, and on to turn wi-fi off. (I know, it seems crazy, but trust me, this is how it works now.) When the wireless is off, you will see a tiny airplane in the upper right cirner.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 9:57:48 PM PDT
ariem says:
Does anyone know how to remove book titles from Kindle Touch? The Users' Guide doesn't mention this and I hate cluttering up my book list with titles that I have read. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks. Ray M.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:41:48 PM PDT
@madala: Do a tap-and-hold on the title on the Home screen, and then select Remove. That will put the book back into the archived items list.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012, 12:10:27 AM PDT
Mark Hughes says:
only half the screen - the bottom half - is showing on my kindle after I recharged it when the battery ran down. I have tried rebooting but that doesn't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012, 12:36:13 AM PDT
Mark Hughes says:
I have this problem. Did you resolve it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012, 1:00:04 AM PDT
@Mark: I think that you need to use the large orange Contact Us button to the right to talk with Amazon Kindle CS and talk with them about it - use the live chat or the call back feature if you can, not email.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012, 1:02:15 AM PDT
Mark Hughes says:
Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012, 10:15:16 AM PDT
Barbi says:
Thank you!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012, 10:39:50 AM PDT
Healthy Passwords

Posted on Jun 27, 2012, 3:11:47 AM PDT
Annabelle says:
Can not turn WI-FI off.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012, 3:51:29 AM PDT
I had Kindle for Android installed on an Android phone that I lost and now I can't install it on my new Android phone, it says it is already installed.

How can I fix this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 10:32:26 AM PDT
I have exactly the same problem. Bought last november 2011.
gabriella

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 10:37:09 AM PDT
If this is the Kindle basic ($79 model), press the Home key, press the Menu key, choose settings. Turn Airplane mode ON to turn wireless OFF; turn Airplane mode OFF to turn wireless ON.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012, 10:42:55 AM PDT
didn't work. Still stuck . with more than half screen covered by screen saver. buttons work.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012, 1:51:35 AM PDT
Mrs. M. Bell says:
my kindle screen has gone blank at the top

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012, 2:21:10 AM PDT
Mark Hughes says:
phone or chat with customer support. they'll send you a new one free. it seems to be common.
mark

Posted on Jun 29, 2012, 11:01:45 AM PDT
K. sizemore says:
I've had my kindle fire for about 6 months and all of ssudden whenever I try to open an app it tells me a problem has occurred and I need to redownload it and when I try to go on facebook 50 security warnings pop up, whenever I go to the app store it will not load,it tells me there is a network connectivity error, my sister is having the same issue.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012, 6:50:06 PM PDT
myra says:
I can not get "log on to wireless" or "log off", what is wrong?
Myra

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 7:31:18 PM PDT
Do you mean "turn wireless on", "turn wireless off"? Which kindle do you have?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012, 7:39:25 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Myra: Airplane on=Wireless off
Airplane off=Wireless on
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2360 7 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3031 9 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 617 20 minutes ago
App Overload 2 23 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 268 48 minutes ago
Text too light on new book I bought 20 51 minutes ago
how to change wall paper for kindle fire. 252 1 hour ago
Getting a second Kindle 9 1 hour ago
parent control password forgotten 1 2 hours ago
Fire stick remote is acting crazy 208 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  328
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers