Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Australian kindle users thread #2 (Kiwis welcome)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012, 6:38:39 PM PDT
VickiT says:
Yikes, CBP, saga is right. It sounds like you're better off out of there.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012, 8:57:44 PM PDT
Tui Allen says:
Did the market and Julie - it was the Cambridge market. It was not a success. I thought being Cambridge it would be fairly cultural but no. More of a flea-market with lots of second hand book stalls and being a new stall-holder, we were jammed right up at the far end, where most people never even came near us. Big fail, but I intend to try other markets that might be more suitable. There is one I've booked into, where they checked first to make sure I WASN'T selling second hand books since that was considered not up to the required standard. There is one in Titirangi which is very spiritual and very moneyed, which I'm being told would be perfect for my needs, but it's also very hard to get into. So I'll keep trying. I just hope to sell enough to help pay for the trip. But there may be more suitable ways to go about it.
The booth looked great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012, 9:10:25 PM PDT
Tasstiger says:
Gosh, Don't tune in for a couple of days -come back and find we've moved house, the soft furnishings are up and looking good and the fridge is empty. But from looking at the bottles scattered around the NZ Sauvignon Blanc must have been very popular indeed.

Seriously thanks to JJulieJ and CBPand all others for all the hard work -it is a mighty thread and just so informative and friendly.

Julie , I did get Nora Robert's " The Witness" on an earlier eholiday -hope you get it soon as it is the best book she has written in ages-I'm not a reviewer but couldn't put it down. Most enjoyable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012, 11:39:04 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
I'm glad the booth looked great, Tui, but such a shame about the market. Good luck with the next one, and I hope you manage to get into the Titirangi one - you could try sending the organisers a free copy of your book ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 4:38:49 AM PDT
No Whiteface for us; we're on Tupper Lake, if you can find that on your map. Doing some fishing, which is busy this year. We put 'em all back as gently as we can; too many heavy metals anyway from the output of Midwest coal-fired electricity plants. Beautiful weekend here, though phenomenal thunderstorm night before last kept us off the water.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 4:39:30 AM PDT
New home? You lost me there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 4:53:06 AM PDT
JJulieJ says:
This thread, Caddis, it's our new forum home. The doors are locked on the old thread so we can't hangout there any more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 5:09:40 AM PDT
We may have lost you, but you obviously found us :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 10:24:24 AM PDT
Tui, How dissapointing for you. But you'll know not to go there again.

Best of luck with the one at Titirangi, which sounds hopeful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 1:22:33 PM PDT
VickiT says:
What a bummer, Tui. I was really hoping you'd sell enough to make it worthwhile.

The Titirangi markets would be terrific, especially if they're anything like they were way back. (My parents used to live in Titirangi. :))

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 1:24:22 PM PDT
My novel about students at an opera school in Melbourne has been listed on Awesome Indies. As the criteria is strict I'm delighted to have been accepted.

Tui Allen's book Ripple is also on the list. We are doing well down south.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 1:30:35 PM PDT
VickiT says:
Congratulations, Joanna and Tui, our awesome indies!

I'm thrilled for you both. High five.

Cheers
Vicki

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 5:36:39 PM PDT
How exciting, Joanna and Tui! Well done indeed :)

Diana

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 5:38:06 PM PDT
Can someone please tell me where to find my kindle email addy? I have searched through my account but can't see anything about it. I must be looking in the wrong spot :(

Diana

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 6:13:13 PM PDT
Loz says:
Hey Diana, if you go to the manage your kindle page, and then scroll down to Personal Document Settings (left hand side of screen), it will be there.

:)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 6:19:18 PM PDT
Thank you so much, Loz. I feel like a bit of a twit!!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 6:23:38 PM PDT
Loz says:
Ha! I only knew to find it there because I came across it by accident one day! :)

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 7:18:43 PM PDT
Alina says:
Anybody seen this disgusting article:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/advocates-call-for-inquiry-into-profiteering-on-disability-equipment-20120610-204fv.html

Australian suppliers of disability equipment are now seeking to stop disability equipment being imported more cheaply from overseas. And they're so brazen they don't even know that they should be ashamed of themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 7:36:27 PM PDT
VickiT says:
That's unbelievable, not to mention obscene. Thanks for posting the link, Alina.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 8:39:03 PM PDT
Donna S says:
JJulieJ, is the email address on your profile still active?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 9:32:21 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
I think so, Donna.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 10:42:58 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
Donna,

Thank you so much, I'm blown away! That was an extremely generous gift and I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to read The Witness immediately.

Once again, thank you,
Julie

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 11:02:47 PM PDT
JJulieJ says:
That is appalling!

Bad enough for us to be paying through the nose for books, computer software, clothing etc but those sort of price differences for disability equipment is just outrageous.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 11:30:12 PM PDT
Donna S says:
You are most welcome JJulieJ.
Now, I'm off to take 18yoD for a driving lesson in the cold rain, mentioned earlier by Suncoast and Discuss49, then clean out the store room so 22yoS can move back in (3rd time... only a few weeks Mum) and then cook dinner (any leftovers from the house warming?) because Monday night is my night.
See you all later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 11:34:31 PM PDT
@Loz
Amazon is not a very helpful site for some things :(
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Multiple accounts on one device. 29 8 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2378 11 minutes ago
Tumblr app not working on kindle fire hd 0 14 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 315 38 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6162 42 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 115 56 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 649 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3072 1 hour ago
Thread of Everlasting Ennui™ 78 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire earphones 51 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  137
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers