Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire video problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 70 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2011, 7:42:13 AM PST
Andrea says:
ok, i can transfer my video files i converted to mp4 to my kindle fire. i can get them to play but they don't have any audio!! i am trying to play files that are under 200 mb big. this is sooo frustrating! i have tried many different converters and many different video players and all the videos play fine but don't have sound. what am i doing wrong, how do i fix this. this is driving me nuts.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 7:43:59 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Aug 19, 2016, 9:46:15 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011, 7:45:16 AM PST
Andrea says:
yeah, they play on my computer fine and the i put the volume as high as it will go, still nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011, 11:46:14 AM PST
Ryan Ramczyk says:
Another problem is not only can you NOT download a movie and watch it offline, but you CANNOT download and keep it. I mean you would think that if you downloaded it then you would have it as long as you want, not true once you start the download you lose it 24 hours later. So what is the point in downloaded it, if you dont get to keep it and cannot watch it off line. Even though the manual clearly states that you can do both. I spent a while on the phone with support ( the guy was extremely nice about the whole situation, but he agreed it does not make sense to download if you dont get to keep it, at that rate you may as well just watch it streaming). I was refunded my money for four monie purchases, but now am let down as this was a huge plus the Fire supposedly had, but does not.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 11:51:01 AM PST
Ryan,

You don't get to keep the video if you RENT it. But if you BUY it, you do get to keep it and can download/watch offline. I've done it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011, 8:07:30 AM PST
R. Manhard says:
My Fire has stopped playing videos at all. YouTube in the browser, Amazon streaming - pfft. And it was working fine (re-watched "Arrested Development" on the thing in the last several days). YouTube gives me "An error occurred while trying to play your video. The video may have been interrupted or is an unsupported formet. Please try again."

This displeases me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 8:08:58 AM PST
Reboot it. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Like a computer, it needs a reboot at times. If it still balks, reboot your router too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011, 2:15:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2011, 2:15:29 PM PST
A. Lopes says:
What converters did you use? I already tryed two different ones but I cannot even get them to play. They don't even show on the Kindle. Even though they appear on the folder when I connect the kindle to the PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011, 8:22:50 PM PST
deannah says:
Videos that you copied to the Fire are accessed via the gallery app. Only Amazon videos downloaded will show up in the video folder.

andrea, I have converted several movies with DVD Catalyst 4 and they all have sound and play extremely well. It is not free software, but inexpensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011, 5:22:43 PM PST
Old John says:
This same thing started yesterday on 12-13 went I tried to play ALexz Johnson's new song "SKipping Stone" on her site and stated an error occurred. She has her songs done using youtube. Today youtube redone their site for the videos and her site plays ok on the computer but not on the fire as gets the same error again. Also today the youtube site on the Fire does not play videos as gets error no matter what you set the web optimizer on. Youtube gave their site a new look but killled the kindle Fire.
Youtube videos no longer play from any site using youtube videos. Who will be able to fix this?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011, 5:28:28 PM PST
I watched several videos from youtube today on my Fire.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011, 5:29:50 PM PST
iDRMRSR says:
There's an app out there called Freedi Youtube Downloader which allows you to search and save Youtube videos on the KF. It might just be able to handle a video that won't play in the browser while streaming. It will also download just the audio into an MP3 file, which is handy, too, sometimes. This is just FYI...there's an alternative to watching directly in the browser if that becomes glitchy for some reason. The saved video is not in the best possible quality, though, but still watchable.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011, 5:38:52 PM PST
BJWright says:
Have you tried sideloading a video player that plays all formats instead of converting ur files?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011, 6:29:39 PM PST
Old John says:
I kept trying several different sites for youtube videos of the same song and finally youtube started playing the video and I returned to the original sites that would not play before and they work ok now. Now wish the Vevo.com site would get fixed to correctly play musical videos on the fire. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012, 7:50:10 AM PST
I have been unable to play movies that I have purchased and downloaded...any ideas why on my fire

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012, 8:57:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012, 9:00:54 AM PST
Q says:
A Lopes & Ryan,
I recently started using "DVD Catalyst 4" ($9.95) to rip my DVD's into MP4 format and put them on the Fire for viewing. A very nice program. Does the job. It even has an "Amazon Kindle Fire" template and 3 different quality settings (affects the size).

Works for me.

Available over at tools4movies.com (no, I'm not the author. Just a user).

BTW, to launch my videos, I don't really like the Fire's "Gallery" app. It give me tiny icons for the movies and no title.

Instead, I now use ES File Explorer (free app) and navigate to the "Video" folder. Double-tap on the named video and it launches in the Fire's native movie player. Works very well. Looks just like streaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012, 9:15:26 AM PST
Ernie says:
Airpush embedded in that. Do not want under any circumstances.
Wait for the ads in your notification bar.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 10:48:40 PM PST
photodudeSD says:
All of a sudden I am unable to watch videos (on websites) when using my Kindle Fire. I can watch YouTube videos and download and watch videos offline using the YouTube downloader app just fine. But if I go to a website that has video embedded the video wont play (and they did just fine when I first got the Kindle Fire). Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? I do get a message that Adobe Flash Player is needed but not sure how to re-activate or add that to Kindle Fire ;-(
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012, 5:02:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2012, 5:09:32 PM PST
K. Kunis says:
I am outraged by the audacity of Amazon to release the Kindle Fire in this state! That video rentals begin the 24 (or 48) hour expiration period once they are downloaded to the device! LAME.

The Customer Service folks have a work-around and can extend the life such that the video does not expire in the 24 hours after download, and instead expires after 24 hours once you watch it -- this is the way i-Tunes works and this is the way the Kindle Fire will need to work to be competitive!!!! It is just ridiculous that the Kindle video rentals work (or don't work this way)! I just returned from a week at my grandparents house, where they do not have wi-fi and to think that I have this stupid device that I can't load up with movies to watch during my vacation is just outrageous to me! Instead, I have to go drive in to town to find a wifi hotspot and sit there to download the movie and then drive back out to the house...and then do the same thing the next day, if I want to watch movies in my room after they've gone to bed, at 9pm! And what if you wanted to go, say to Peru, or Zimbabwe, and have a few movies loaded up for the 20-some hours on the plane and in the airports? Well, forget that! This is only the beginning of my rants! GRRRRRRR!!!!! And then I just laugh out loud to think that Amazon actually thinks it is going to be competitive with this set-up!

Oh, and by the by, did anyone discover yet that the game apps, like Cards or Suduko also don't work without a wifi network??? LAME!!!!!!

Thank goodness I have my iPhone, which I can load up with as many movies as will fit and play all my games to my hearts content, and watch any time (within 30 days) I want, anywhere on the planet!...alas, Amazon, I had high hopes for the Kindle Fire. Now it is just a really heavy e-reader with some flashy nothings when you're in the comfort of your own home with your own wifi.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012, 5:12:10 PM PST
Bless your heart

Posted on Feb 2, 2012, 10:40:33 PM PST
M. OBrien says:
Photodude,
Go to your settings and enable flash. That should do it

Posted on Feb 2, 2012, 10:40:33 PM PST
M. OBrien says:
Photodude,
Go to your settings and enable flash. That should do it

Posted on Feb 11, 2012, 2:36:06 PM PST
I participate in a lot of GoToMeetings and I am unable to watch the presentations. I get the message the JavaScript needs to be installed. I have it Enabled and tried disabling and enabling it without success. I hate having to watch GoToMeetings on my tiny Droid screen.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012, 9:15:55 AM PST
James Castro says:
I have the same problem as photodude. When i first got kindle fire i was able to play videos from websites i go to. Example Nba.com. All of the sudden i cant. I did enable flash on my settings and it still does not work. Anyone know why? I have hard reset my kindle fire and shut it down to. No luck.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012, 9:50:07 AM PST
Carole Doyle says:
I recently purchased a Kindle Fire. When I am watching movies off of my Net Flix, the Kindle Fire will freeze and buffer for an extended length of time. It keeps freezing every few seconds and rebuffering, making it impossible to watch a 1 1/2 hr movie in 1 1/2 hr. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it the Kindle Fire or my Wifi ??? This is very frustrating. It happens on all movies off of Net Flix. I have not tried any movies from anywhere else. Please HELP!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Multiple accounts on one device. 29 8 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2378 11 minutes ago
Tumblr app not working on kindle fire hd 0 14 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 315 38 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6162 42 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 115 56 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 649 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3072 1 hour ago
Thread of Everlasting Ennui™ 78 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire earphones 51 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  70
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers