Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Will not accept my password

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2014 10:00:34 AM PST
S. Damico says:
I recently changed my wifi network which works perfectly on my laptop. However, when I tried to connect my kindle it shows the new network but it will not accept my password. I did find the password Network Security Key and that is what I used. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 10:55:25 AM PST
Tell your device to forget the connection. Then look for possible wifi and reconnect. Use the same password that you used for your laptop to connect.

Since you didn't specify a device, I can't be more specific.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 11:06:10 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 9, 2014 11:08:38 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 12:35:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2014 12:40:06 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 6:58:07 PM PST
S. Damico says:
It is a kindle. I tried to forget the connection but it asks for my password again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 8:10:29 PM PST
Artist says:
They're all Kindles. Which one?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2014 5:04:13 AM PST
It will ask for your password after you forget the connection and when you try to connect again. As Artist says - "They're all Kindles. Which one?"

EXACTLY what happens when you enter the same password that you entered on your laptop to get connected. Do you get an error message? If so, exactly what does it say?

You can always contact kindle support. They will take you through the process, step by step with you on the phone. Click on help at the top or bottom of any Amazon page. Click on the contact us button on the right of the next page. Answer the questions and the correct contact info is shown. Do use the phone for quickest troubleshooting.

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 9:50:39 AM PDT
unittlilli says:
I have a kindle paperwhite. I have just changed from Virgin to Bt. No problems with my laptop or I pad but my kindle will not accept my password. I have tried 'reset my kindle'. But it didn't work. Any suggestions?????

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 2:17:33 AM PDT
jacquie says:
I have a kindle but during the set up it wont accept my password? I have an amazon account but it won't acknowledge my password? HELP please x

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2014 2:34:28 AM PDT
Are you talking about your Amazon password to register your device or your wifi password to get internet access?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2014 2:41:22 AM PDT
jacquie says:
yes to register the kindle I am on the wifi no probs x

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2014 2:48:01 AM PDT
Usually getting the kindle registered is very easy. Are you very sure it's not a typo either in the email address or the password? A typo (cap instead of small, etc) in either spot will come back with that error. Also make sure you are typing a "period" and not a "comma" in the email address. That error is hard to see but happens more frequently than you expect.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then contact Kindle support as they will be able to see what you are doing from their end. Click on help at the top and bottom of all Amazon pages. Follow the prompts to customer support. They're available 24/7 and I suggest you call them or have them call you for easiest troubleshooting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
How to use VUDU cloud movies on kindle fire HD 7 in 276 54 seconds ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 4421 2 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 130 11 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5761 11 minutes ago
VPN on a Kindle Fire 87 14 minutes ago
Can you connect a flash drive to Kindle Fire HD using an adapter? 60 18 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat - August 2016 770 20 minutes ago
Tax on Kindle books? 20 21 minutes ago
Amazon Echo outside US 116 25 minutes ago
MSDS for Kindle Paperwhite battery 2 37 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions