Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

usb problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2013 2:17:22 PM PDT
How do you fix a broken usb? kindle cant charge?!?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 2:18:49 PM PDT
Click Help?!?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 2:26:35 PM PDT
There are some repair services offering a repair on the 1st gen Kindle Fire's USB port for about $25-35 on eBay. That might be a good solution for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290891177639

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171068028255

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190842963354

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 4:13:23 PM PDT
I will check that out - thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 4:19:30 PM PDT
You're very welcome.

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 1:33:02 PM PST
I believe my Wi-Fi has gone out ... it says "connected" but the Wi-Fi symbol still have an "X" by it. Do not connect with anything. Where can I get it repaired?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2014 1:38:42 PM PST
That means that while the Kindle is sensing the signal that your wireless router is "throwing" into the house, that router is NOT connected to the internet itself.

You can try unplugging the router from the wall, and waiting about five minutes for any residual power to drain. Then plug it back in and WAIT for it to cycle back up.

Then try connecting again. If that doesn't work, it's possible that the router is bad, OR, for some other reason, you don't have internet coming into the house. (Did you pay the bill?)

Posted on Nov 13, 2014 9:14:49 AM PST
Important frozen up with ranesomeware and cannot get to reboot or passed the FBI screen. Where can i get it fixed.

Posted on Jun 24, 2015 5:32:06 AM PDT
My Kindle fire will not charge. I am using my dughter's iPads to report this. I am a disabled veteran and I use my Kindle to listen to music and audiobooks. ( I am blind) I cannot fix it myself. What shall I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2015 5:38:34 AM PDT
flipoid says:
The only thing I can suggest is to get a family member or friend to help you. Perhaps have that person check if the outlet the Fire is plugged into is a good outlet. Check if the charging cable you are using is okay. Try other micro USB chargers (for cell phones, for example) to see if that works.

If the Fire has any power at all right now, have your family member/friend do a hard reset: With the Fire unplugged, hold the power button for at least 30 seconds, ignoring any messages that appear on the screen, until the screen goes dark. Then press the power button again so the Fire reboots. After that, plug the Fire in to charge again and see if it charges.

There also could be something wrong with the charging port. There are computer/electronic/cell phone repair shops that can usually fix that problem for a reasonable fee.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2015 1:23:08 PM PDT
my kindle keeps saying i am unavailable hat can i do?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2015 1:39:43 PM PDT
Who is it saying it to?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2016 6:08:39 AM PDT
porch reader says:
I just read this and I did the reboot thing.... that was the ticket! You just saved me money because I would have taken it to a repair shop and had the charging port fixed. I already ordered a new cord thinking that was the problem! Again, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2016 7:51:36 AM PDT
flipoid says:
You're welcome. Glad your Fire works again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
customer support 4 4 seconds ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 74 10 seconds ago
I miss the dots 74 1 minute ago
Size difference between 4th Generation and 5th Generation? 44 6 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 4359 9 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5843 15 minutes ago
Still missing the dots- any news? 37 20 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1678 23 minutes ago
Kindle Paperwhite Missing Book Length Dots 14 25 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5614 32 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2013
Latest post:  May 16, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions