Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD web text size

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 6:28:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:28:58 AM PST
Just got a new KF HD 8.9 and am trying to find the setting where I can change the text size in the Silk browser. Is there such a setting?

Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:29:54 AM PST
Touch the screen with the tip of your thumb and forefinger. Spread them apart to enlarge the screen, pinch together to make it smaller again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:19:36 AM PST
Thanks. I'm aware of the pinch zoom, but I am looking for a way to permanently change the font size like is available in the book reading app and others.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:16:36 PM PST
J. Parik says:
yes, it's mighty annoying that one can't change the font size in the browser :(

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:01:22 PM PST
Ivy says:
This is a deal-breaker for me, I think. You can zoom some pages, but not others, and I'm not talking about Mobile sites. Didn't see any settings to increase the font size in the browser. How dumb. Android allows it, but Amazon appears to have clobbered that. "Reading" to Amazon must mean "book". Oddly enough, people do READ web pages.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:07:23 PM PST
Do other Android browsers offer the ability to change font sizes? I don't know, I'm curious.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 12:04:21 PM PST
pand1 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 4:22:31 PM PST
There is no "book" icon on the Kindle fire 8.9 HD Silk browser. Only answer so far is to use Dolphin browser.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 7:17:54 AM PDT
There's a better browser out there (than Dolphin) that is fully customizable - text size included. Try downloading the "Maxthon" browser for Android devices. I have the Fire HD 8.9" and it works very well...it's a tad slower than Silk, but it overcomes the text sizing blunder from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2013 7:20:37 AM PDT
Barry - Try the "Maxthon" browser for Android devices - works great - better than Dolphin

Posted on May 17, 2013 7:47:26 PM PDT
Silly Girl says:
I'm about ready to return it. It's worse than trying to read on my phone where at least I have the dolphin browser - through no tactics that void my warranty.

Posted on May 18, 2013 3:25:47 AM PDT
I tried sideloading Dolphin and Maxthon but they both got buggy fast. So still no answer to tiny text issue.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2013 8:11:53 AM PDT
Granddaddy says:
This older discussion has been resurrected, and I've seen the same question elsewhere in the past day or two, so I'll add my support for the Maxthon Web Browser for Tablet available at
http://www.1mobile.com/maxthon-web-browser-for-tablet-133666.html

It does allow changing the default text size for web pages, a boon for those who prefer larger text.

It also is very stable and I can browse for hours without a single hangup of the kind that have plagued Silk for years and now continue on the KFHD8.9. Dolphin also frequently stops responding and requires a power down to recover. Maxthon has made web browsing possible and convenient on the KFHD8.9

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2013 10:07:19 AM PDT
Richard;
Did you try this.... go to www.maxthon.com
Click on Adroid (BELOW the download button)
then select the .apk download on the right

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 6:43:50 AM PST
Boog Smith says:
I use the UC browser. Adjustable font and dark mode too...very nice

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2014 1:25:39 PM PST
Meant. What is ice browser?

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 9:49:04 AM PST
Kelly Angus says:
I mess with this all the time because I change mine to larger and then it sometimes changes back, I don't know why it does that but here is how you change your font size: go to the upper right and tap on the three little squares, then tap on settings, then you will see font options and you can make it smaller or larger. I finally had to write this down on paper and keep it in my kindle. They make it very hard to find in my opinion!!

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:54:55 PM PDT
I can't make the font size go up or down when reading a book. It is on 3 and the plus button does nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2015 9:56:16 PM PDT
Nancy636 says:
Yes they do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 4468 9 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5864 9 minutes ago
only two days till new Gamache 10 12 minutes ago
Have a Kindle 1st generation. I thought it was lost but found it. Tried to re-register it but cannot. I am suprised after 5 years I got it to work but it has all my books from then. How can I re-register it after all this time. 4 16 minutes ago
Can't find audiobook transferred to Kindle Fire (5th gen) 4 21 minutes ago
3M Cloud Library and Kindle Paperwhite 243 22 minutes ago
How can I leave a review for a book that I read months ago? 3 28 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9993 29 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 6760 34 minutes ago
How to increase download speed on kindle fire hd 8.9" 22 42 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions