Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

No 3G

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2013, 2:06:06 AM PDT
P. Lucas says:
Hello I have lost my 3g connection, there is no prob with the network and I have tried the reboot and alt eqq thing as well. I usually use wifi but I was out of range but I was in 3g range and hasnt worked no matter where I go
I have kindle with keyboard and I'm in Western Australia

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2013, 3:30:07 AM PDT
I would suggest contacting Kindle support by clicking on help at the center top of any Amazon page and the contact us button on the next page. Answer the questions and the contact info will be shown. I suggest using phone or live chat for quickest response.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2013, 3:31:29 AM PDT
That Kindle uses the Vodaphone network in Australia. Are you in their coverage area?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2013, 3:51:42 AM PDT
I had the same thought as John - 3G coverage in WA isn't brilliant at the best of times, and Vodafone's coverage is still less than Telstra and Optus. You can check the Vodafone coverage map here: http://www.vodafone.com.au/aboutvodafone/network/checker

But unless you're in a major town/city (which I'd be guessing you're not, judging by your prior purchase of a well water testing kit LOL) I think you're unlikely to pick up a 3G signal on your kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Can Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite do reverse contrast (black background and white text)? 188 6 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2567 26 minutes ago
Mass delte email on Kindle Fire HD help 64 39 minutes ago
How to delete books from Kindle Fire HD? 205 39 minutes ago
old ipad 1 40 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 8632 46 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3720 49 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8576 55 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6346 1 hour ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1393 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer