Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Do You Still Trust Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 179 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2013, 2:37:19 PM PST
deannah says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:40:14 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
about as much as I trust the US government, the French government, Rush Limbaugh and the Huffington Post

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:46:57 PM PST
deannah says:
I agree and well said.

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:50:22 PM PST
pmark says:
Trust them as what? To do what?

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:52:59 PM PST
They haven't failed me yet.

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:53:41 PM PST
deannah says:
Produce as described? Too much to ask?

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:53:51 PM PST
T. Cook says:
"now concerned."

Without saying what they've appeared to have done, we cannot attempt to share your concern.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:54:58 PM PST
Miss Carol says:
Which product? And if it happened once - I don't think that would be enough to discourage me from using Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:56:18 PM PST
deannah says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:57:17 PM PST
Oh come on, I trust them more than Rush Limbaugh.

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:58:31 PM PST
Mary Ellen says:
How has the HDX been a fail? I got mine for Christmas and I love it...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:58:41 PM PST
Miss Carol says:
You asked for our opinion - remember? Right at the top of this thread. If you've had it less than 30 days - send it back and get your money. That's part of the plus of dealing with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:59:01 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
hmmm, maybe George Bush, then?

I was trying to hit both sides of the political spectrum

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 2:59:08 PM PST
deannah says:

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 2:59:48 PM PST
ScottBooks says:
Trust them? Why? Are they bluffing? Should I go all in?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:01:49 PM PST
deannah says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:03:44 PM PST
So the HDX has been a fail *for you* (though you haven't yet said why) and you're asking others if they trust Amazon? I don't really see the connection.

But my answer would be an absolute enthusiastic yes. I'm still finding they give excellent customer service till long beyond the warranty period has ended, and for free. I don't know any other company that works so hard to keep their customers happy.

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 3:09:38 PM PST
T. Cook says:
And here I thought it was something actually paranoia inducing like drone delivery...

The HDX sure has a very long product page, I'm curious which sentence does not describe the fruit/vegetables(produce) properly...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:10:48 PM PST
deannah says:
"I don't know any other company that works so hard to keep their customers happy."

That they do.

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 3:10:57 PM PST
Frank Tuttle says:
I got an HDX, and I'm truly enjoying it. It's fast, easy to operate, and so far it's done everything it was built to do, and it's done these things quite well.

Should I have problems, I'm sure Amazon will either help me solve them, accept a return, or ship me another device out pronto.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:11:06 PM PST
By what criteria? Fires are the most popular brand of Android tablets in the U.S.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:11:21 PM PST
Just Peachy says:
please elaborate

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:16:04 PM PST
deannah says:

Posted on Dec 31, 2013, 3:17:44 PM PST
Artist says:
I order products, Amazon has them delivered to me. If they're not delivered, Amazon takes care of it. I trust them to do that.

Other than that, they don't impact my life in any significant way, so I don't have trust issues with them.

So what's your damage? Send the HDX back. If you purchased it after November 1, you have until January 31 to return it. No whining or paranoia necessary. I love my HDX.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2013, 3:18:20 PM PST
King Al says:
So what? There is no such thing as an electronic gadget with a 0% failure rate. The iPhone 4 had a similar issue ("Antennagate.") Would you say that the iPhone 4 was a fail? If so, millions of people disagree with you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 701 8 minutes ago
remove virus on Fire 256 46 minutes ago
Can you read and listen to an audible audiobook at the same time? 27 47 minutes ago
My Kindle paperwhit just stopped connecting to the internet... 4 1 hour ago
My kindle won't turn on 3761 1 hour ago
Buy button for kindle has disappeared 7 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3791 2 hours ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1484 2 hours ago
How to sync Kindle app on new iPad? 4 3 hours ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9816 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.