Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Ipad Kindle Feature Request - folders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 323 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2011, 4:21:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2011, 9:36:19 PM PDT
I have a hardware Kindle that I read history, biographies, etc on but also am a medical professional and have reference books on the iPad (the hardware kindle is not useful for this application). Is there any way to organize my iPad kindle books into folders or categories for quick access?

Posted on Jun 27, 2011, 5:26:27 PM PDT
I agree with you! Hopefully someone will listen!

Posted on Jun 28, 2011, 1:38:37 PM PDT
Kara says:
James

Not as of now but certainly something to hope for.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011, 12:46:17 PM PDT
I would like this too. I have a number of cookery books, but also fiction too, and I'd like them in different groups.

Posted on Jul 27, 2011, 6:34:04 PM PDT
Artist says:
Amazon just released a K4PC app that supports Collections, so the feature will probably be available for other apps soon.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011, 12:52:51 PM PDT
This is such a basic feature, I cannot believe it is missing... Please Amazon!

Posted on Aug 20, 2011, 10:29:39 AM PDT
G. Aponte says:
I agree! As a graduate student and TA I need to separate my books for different courses and from my leisure reading books. Hopefully soon! It's a great app

Posted on Aug 21, 2011, 10:09:04 AM PDT
N. Leis says:
I have been wondering the same thing. I have crafting and art books, church leadership books, and fiction. I keep thinking even if I could have 3 folders how greatly that would help. I hope amazon comes out with this soon.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011, 12:55:56 PM PDT
I would love the ability to tag, label, and sort my kindle for iPad books into folders or onto different screens within the app. It's quite annoying as my collection is becoming quite large and I don't want to archive them all. Tagging or labeling books and the ability to resort would be so helpful when you have purchased books in a series - they don't often have say Book 3. on their front cover, and for sorting into your own categories.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011, 3:25:55 PM PDT
Yes please

Posted on Sep 18, 2011, 11:34:35 AM PDT
Yes, the Kindle needs multiple book folders and also the ability to password protect just those folders. I thought of the latter because of the people who don't want the kids to know or have access to some of the books the adults are reading.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 8:21:41 AM PDT
Lesley H says:
I've just started a post on how to make a formal request for this with Amazon. I can't believe it hasn't been added yet. Should have gone out uniformly to all forms of the app (pc, mac, ipad, etc.). But, as I understand, everyone talking about this in the customer forum really makes no difference- no one is reading them from Amazon. Let's all give formal feedback to Amazon so they'll hear us!

Posted on Oct 14, 2011, 9:30:06 PM PDT
Mandi says:
Please

Posted on Dec 7, 2011, 4:58:50 AM PST
M. Gertelman says:
Please Amazon, give us folders!!!

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 11:00:50 AM PST
I have started purchasing my books in iBooks now because Amazon does not support this on the iPad

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 4:45:59 AM PST
B. Crocker says:
I have a Kindle DX and an iPad. This how I read. I have over 200 kindle books. On my Kindle DX, I have arranged the books in folders. Like all of you, I would love to create folders on my iPad. The irony is that the people who need the folders are Amazon's best customers: the ones who buy lots of books! For me, this will soon reach a point at which I will need to consider alternatives.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 4:05:53 PM PST
zcp says:
Yes. I totally agree with Bruce.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 1:59:33 PM PST
I would also love to see this feature.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012, 9:33:03 PM PST
Please, I have bio's, management, novels. That would make my life so much easier.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012, 10:01:08 PM PST
CouponRN22 says:
Agreed!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012, 3:02:14 AM PST
Completely agree... Please give is folders!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012, 4:21:02 AM PST
I think the use a "TAGS" is the way to, if you could add one or more tags per book/doc/mp3 it can belong in several "Virtual folders" If one then were to create a search using a single tag, then only the books /doc's/ Music with that tag would be shown in filtered listing or "Virtual folder".
Feature enhancement : Amazon need to add the ability for users to use one or more "taxonomies"

Posted on Feb 11, 2012, 10:38:45 PM PST
We REALLY need Collections on the iPad app. So glad to see it on the Kindle for PC. I am NOT going to buy a Kindle just to get Collections - I don't want to carry two devices around.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012, 11:10:46 AM PST
S. Wilson says:
The ability to sort into different categories would be helpful. Amazon should fix this for customers who read on their iPads.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 12:22:58 PM PST
Auto-tags by genre would be very helpful.
My book list is getting too large for one big list. Tags are nice, but they can be a pain to enter. Amazon already has books listed by genre on their web site, so why not have an option to auto-magically organize books by genre in the app. Users could use these genre tags or create their own.

I buy kindle books because they are available on all devices. We use most devices (iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Mac, PC) so we need this on all platforms.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6326 2 minutes ago
How do I search the Kindle Forum for the topic I am interested in? 3 4 minutes ago
Buying a book after reading a sample 43 11 minutes ago
duplicate devices showing in Manage my Devices 3 23 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8513 23 minutes ago
Can't open books on my Kindle! 17 28 minutes ago
ebook return policy 550 52 minutes ago
Blocking explicit songs on Prime Music 413 53 minutes ago
Amazon Prime For Hawaii and Alaska?????? 328 56 minutes ago
Will a Fire 7 work in India? 1 56 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  323
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers