Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Why does my Kindle Fire sometime show a blank book cover?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2012, 12:23:49 PM PST
Every now and then the book covers on my Kindle Fire will just show a blank silver screen. The cover will be there one day and the next its gone. I hate that because I pick the book to read through the cover. Has anyone had that problem before? How do you fix it? I've deleted the book and reloaded but still the cover does not show up. I've also tried turning the kindle off...

TIA

Posted on Feb 20, 2012, 12:44:37 PM PST
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 20, 2012, 12:52:14 PM PST
Cotton Socks says:
With my Fire, occasionally a page turn would present a blank page. I could swipe back and forth and it would go back to the previous page OK, but present the blank again moving forward.

I found by accident, if I rotated it 90-deg on the blank page it would display the page correctly. I could rotate it back and it was OK and then go back and forth it would display correctly.

I never did find out why it did that and not sure if it is something to do with the book formatting or the Fire. Didn't happen often enough to be a major problem once I found rotating Portait to Landscape and back fixed it.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012, 8:47:47 AM PST
Lil. I find the book I want to read through the cover with the title on it. Most of the covers missing are from files I converted to mobile but some are amazon books. I hate not knowing which books are there on my kindle fire.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012, 10:41:42 AM PST
Cotton Socks says:
AR, if you converted them to Kindle format then you probably skipped the part of "Cover." You need to instruct the conversion program, I assume you are using PocketMobi or Calibre etc then you need to define what and or where the cover graphic is for it to be included in the conversion.

More than likely not the fault of the Fire in this case.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 8:30:02 PM PST
Margaret C. says:
I have the same issue, I find that going into some app for a few minutes and then going back the home screen they usually are there. I think it is just a loading issue.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012, 12:02:43 AM PST
Emma Ludwig says:
how do i get cover art on my music on my kindle?

Posted on Apr 11, 2012, 6:42:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 11, 2012, 6:44:40 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012, 6:45:04 AM PDT
Jersey Girl says:
I won't buy a book if I don't like the cover. Weird, I know.

Posted on Apr 11, 2012, 6:45:13 AM PDT
mark says:
When you purchase a physical book in the bookstore, do you purchase the book with the cover torn off?

For me it does matter, I am in the process of trying to learn to create e-books for my own use.
I want a nice cover for my books.

For me the cover set the scene of what I am reading - especially when it comes to graphic magazines and novels.

Covers tell their own stories.

mark

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012, 7:32:05 AM PDT
I have that problem also and like you I alot of times chose my book by the cover!! LOL

Posted on Apr 28, 2012, 2:43:11 PM PDT
K. Yeates says:
I have alot of books on my kindle fire and they all had a cover with them, but now some of them either don't have a cover (just a blank screen) or the cover has changed into a picture of some apps that i have installed on it... If i open the book, the cover is still there, but it will not show up on the front... Any suggestions//

Posted on Apr 28, 2012, 6:30:38 PM PDT
mark says:
I have been concerned about this, but I believe that it could be the Android OS is still new and besides, there is a lot going on with the Kindle Fire.
Not just books, but all the rest including what is going on at the Amazon side of the equation.
I make a lot of my own free Kindle books because of the poor formatting quality of the low-end books.
So, if want one to read, I'll make my own.
Right now, I am working on the Sherlock Holmes stories - and it is fun to produce my own book.
I do not place any words on my book covers - just artwork.
I try to let the art give the tone of the book - and for the most part it does work somewhat.
But even still, I want to see my artwork - not a blank cover.
Perhaps when the next os comes out the Kindle may address some of this.
I'm sure that there will be future updates to correct more and more of these problems.
Mark

Posted on Nov 2, 2013, 8:10:02 AM PDT
TomE says:
So, is there a solution to fixing the blank cover issue?

Posted on Nov 2, 2013, 8:24:39 AM PDT
TomE says:
So, is there a solution to fixing the blank cover issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2013, 5:54:50 PM PDT
mark says:
It seems that the OS upgrades are fixing the problem - most of the time.
I have 1 or 2 books now without covers.
When downloading the books the covers seem to show up most of the time or at least in a short period of time.

Amazon is working hard to keep all this working as well as it does.
If I recall correctly I heard a kindle commercial say that there are over 200 million media items for sale. That is a lot do data to keep up with.

Have a good day.
mark

Posted on Dec 15, 2014, 8:58:37 AM PST
Why are my app pictures blank

Posted on Jun 19, 2017, 8:21:55 AM PDT
I had the issue where a number of my downloaded books did not have a cover displayed (Kindle Fire). I connected to a wi-fi, hit sync and then checked. All books now have a cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2017, 9:21:48 AM PDT
You are replying to a thread from 2012 that has been inactive for over 2 years.
The cause for blank covers mentioned in the thread were either from a non-Amazon purchased book, or a glitch in an update from years ago (neither of which your solution would have helped).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3791 11 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 698 28 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1484 38 minutes ago
How to sync Kindle app on new iPad? 4 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9816 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire keeps disconnecting from Wifi 34 2 hours ago
My Kindle paperwhit just stopped connecting to the internet... 3 2 hours ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 5757 3 hours ago
SD Card issue with my Amazon Fire 7 Tablet 54 3 hours ago
Will the Kindle Fire HD support the GoPro App? 45 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers