Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

turn off 1 click for kindle books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 489 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2013, 1:00:08 PM PDT
Betty Benson says:
I have several credit cards for my amazon account. The kindle book purchases are set to 1 click - the only option. This means I cannot manage which credit card my order will charge to when I am ordering. I have turned off 1 click in my account settings, but still it is the only option to purchase a kindle book. How can I change this?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013, 1:01:43 PM PDT
King Al says:
You can't. All digital products are 1-click only. If you want to use a different credit card, you need to change it before you buy the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013, 1:01:53 PM PDT
Betty - You can't. Turning off that 1-click purchase option is only for physical items purchased from Amazon. All digital orders are 1-click only.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013, 1:36:24 PM PDT
your only option at this point is to change which card is checked off to be used on the 1-click orders before each purchase you make. you can do this by going into your kindle account and clicking on "manage my kindle". using the list that will come up on the left of your screen you choose "1-click ordering" and check on which card you want to currently use.

Posted on Oct 16, 2013, 8:25:08 PM PDT
Lame lame lame lame lame! Fix this Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013, 8:36:48 PM PDT
Take the credit card you want to use to buy Kindle books and use it to buy a gift card. Or else just stop in a store and buy a gift card. The second option is a good one because in stores that use points, gift cards often count for double points. After you purchase the gift card apply it to your Amazon account. All one click purchases will pull the cost from your gift card balance before they take it from a credit card. Just make sure you keep your balance high enough to cover any ebook purchases and make sure you don't buy anything else with one click.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013, 9:04:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2015, 10:15:45 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013, 9:21:17 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013, 9:25:19 PM PDT
musicmomma says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 15, 2013, 1:36:40 PM PST
J. Wu says:
My comment to Sue: what you said is Not true.

IN many cases, my company oks to use the payment card (company credit card) to buy work related content, physical or digital. That is automatically reimbursed via the payment card issuer (say wells fargo) and the company payroll at month end. I don't want to leave that payment card on "AMAZON payment options" as can easily accdidently place a personal order using the company card. Then you have a lot to talk to your payroll or HR department. Pure Hassle.

That is a common case for a lot of folks with company payment card.

You can argue we can set up separate Amazon account, but why that hassle for consumer? AMazon should make it easier, as we pay AMZ.

The digital 1-click is purely for driving sales. You can still have buyer's remorse and refund, but they trap you in at the first place make it more hassle. I happen to work in IT, to provide an option switching between cards is a few hundered hour engineering time for AMAZON (or may be a bit more consider AMAZON is big). It is not even size of peanut considering how big AMZ is. Considering they have all those code written not using 1-click to buy physical content.

The calculation is that the digital content usually cost less than their physical counterparts, so trap the user and they are less likely request for refund because the things are "cheap(er)" compared to a physical piece. This is especially true for books vs ebooks (kindles).

It is pure consumer psycology ploy to fleece consumer a few more cents by reducing the chance of refund.

For me it becomes a hassle. So, I will quit buying digital content from Amazon for work related stuff. I can buy it from BN, because it is all paid by company anyway. If I want separate account, i will have another one at BN for work, not two at Amazon.

As this happened to me a few times already (where company card has to be changed for a certain order). As you can tell, it bugs me a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 1:43:20 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 2:03:10 PM PST
"The digital 1-click is purely for driving sales. "
Yep, because Amazon is in business of selling things.

" I happen to work in IT, to provide an option switching between cards is a few hundered hour engineering time for AMAZON (or may be a bit more consider AMAZON is big). It is not even size of peanut considering how big AMZ is."

I've worked in IT for decades. A project of "a few hundred hours" is a major project. Assuming you are talking about actual design and coding time only, then you have to add in overhead for project management and testing. Every "peanut" counts. I bet Amazon IT has a never ending list of projects. Like all companies, they have limited resources and cannot do all projects on the list at one time. The amount of testing for a change like this would be huge.

At least with Amazon you can return an ebook with 7 days of buying it. B&N never excepts returns of ebooks. Do what is best for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 2:04:05 PM PST

Posted on Dec 15, 2013, 2:08:25 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2015, 10:15:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 2:19:22 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:21:59 PM PST
J. Wu says:
You don't understand. Or should show you the detail.

Adding a cc card (in this case company card) for each spec purchase means typing in all card info again. Yet the company payment card does NOT use home address, it use company address. recital your home address vs your company address, see how your performe. Also, retype the cc #, expire date etc, etc. is no fun. Your finger makes a lot more mistake when type something a new, and you have to have the card handy unless you are so good at memorizing credit card numbers.

As said, only real way is to resolve this is to have two spereate AMZ account, which was 'force into' in this case, as switching cc number is way easier.

Dearie you, you don't know how to build first-class systems, unless you really go thru the neddie graddie of details.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:26:15 PM PST
J. Wu says:
BTW, the default card is exactly the 1-click for digital purchase problem. If I were the only user, I could remember doing what you suggested. But I have other members in family using the same account. So, unless I teach everyone to remember switch acccount at the proper time for proper puchase, is no good.

Bottom line, as I said, giving the consumer the option to not using 1-click for digital content is a First World solution.

The "don't you think" part is uncessarily showy, and have no value.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:28:47 PM PST
J. Wu says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:30:21 PM PST
J. Wu says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:33:09 PM PST
You don't have to retype the CC info. I have 2 CC's on my account. I can go in and change which one to use as default.

BTW, some of us know the address of where we work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:33:33 PM PST
J. Wu says:
A few hundered hours is a major project. Wow, what kind of IT shop you are talking about. You own working hour a year, is usually around 2000.

And, as said. AMZ has the physical products all programmed to not using 1-click as an option. So, there may not be any development needed.

Anyway, point is this is crumb of peanuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:39:27 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:41:12 PM PST
J. Wu says:
Assuming you are only work at 1 company at 1 time, and not doing consulting or having multiple cards?

Anyway, no need for pickie nittie. Some AMZ india service people just wrote me the email, that NO amz not having the fature.

The other response, though not directly related, was NO you can't not print the Kindle book from KindeApp on MacOS. ( I don't own a Kindle device, so only read from Mac). But I just bought 12 books from BN, and using Nook on MacOS, I can print, or at least on the a couple books I opened. Not I need to print the whole book or I would buy a physical book. It just if I need to share a piece of paper for some pages, I could do it.

I guess if all customers are so think AMZ is great. then they will stop making progress to serve your interest better. So, if you like keep paying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:43:31 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2013, 3:44:42 PM PST
J. Wu says:
I don't want to argue, as we apparently not on the same position or background. so, this is my last response.
I can only say there is no one today, at a IT shop has more than people, looking at $1000 task level. My payment card has a monthly limit of $2800 on IT related spending. NO questions asked.

If you rally screwing around 1k scale, you should put it on freelance.com. That is not AMZ.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Multiple accounts on one device. 29 9 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2378 11 minutes ago
Tumblr app not working on kindle fire hd 0 15 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 315 38 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6162 42 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 115 56 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 649 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3072 1 hour ago
Thread of Everlasting Ennui™ 78 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire earphones 51 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  125
Total posts:  489
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2013
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers