Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Moving MP3 forward/back

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013, 12:08:53 AM PDT
entroped says:
I downloaded an MP3 file, which plays OK whether it is stored in the Music folder or Audible folder.
But using the cursor buttons I cannot get it to advance. When I select 30 second increments, the audio always returns to the beginning. How can I move forward or back?
My Kindle uses version 3.4.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013, 12:18:54 AM PDT
Are you actually using the arrow buttons (right/left sides of the 5-way controller) to move the highlight to the correct selection and then pressing the centre of the 5-way to select?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013, 12:26:42 AM PDT
entroped says:
Yes. I move highlight to >>30s. Select. Press centre of 5-way controller. Immediately the audio returns to the beginning. Every time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013, 12:59:57 AM PDT
Does it do that with every audio file, or only that one? If it does it with every mp3 file, then I'd suggest rebooting (hold the power button in the ON position for 30 seconds) the kindle. If it only does it with that particular file, then I'd be guessing that that file doesn't have the 30 second increments coded into it. That could be caused by a hiccup with downloading it (in which case deleting it and downloading again would probably solve the problem) or might be an omission in the file itself (in which case all you can do is ask Audible about it - assuming it's an Audible file).

Posted on Mar 13, 2013, 2:32:46 AM PDT
entroped says:
I downloaded a different mp3 to the Kindle, and I'm happy to say the problem did not re-occur. 30 sec increments advanced with no trouble. Repeated downloadings of the file had no effect. I looked at the info on both files and the first has two audio channels and the second only one. Maybe that has something to do with it.
At least there's nothing wrong wrong with the Kindle. Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013, 5:54:59 AM PDT
You're welcome. Glad it wasn't a problem with your kindle :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Adding another I pad to my amazon kindle account 0 1 minute ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5726 9 minutes ago
Kindle Oasis cover usage 0 10 minutes ago
charging Oasis with cover 0 17 minutes ago
Kindle Books from one publisher not remembering last page read 0 18 minutes ago
Deleting. pdf downloads on Kindle Fire 25 22 minutes ago
red line on the kindle fire screen 66 22 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 370 29 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 743 1 hour ago
Music on kindle fire 8 5 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer