Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

technical problems with kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2011, 10:13:22 PM PST
j.mitch says:
my kindle shut off and i thought it was dead so i put it on the charger and it came on to the kindle fire page as if it were booting up then shuts completely off. does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Posted on Dec 17, 2011, 5:40:49 AM PST
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 17, 2011, 5:52:38 AM PST
Bob C. says:
Last night my Fire died. The screen went black and the power button was glowing green. I pushed in the power button and held it but nothing. Plugged in the power charger, nothing. Then I plugged in the usb cable hooked to my PC. As soon as I plugged in the USB cable it came to life and has been working ok since.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011, 1:17:14 AM PST
A. Escobar says:
My kindle fire just frooze while surfing the internet it won't even shut off. Does anyone have any solutions?

Posted on Jan 7, 2012, 2:59:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2012, 2:59:42 PM PST
Karlie says:
My kindle fire frooze also while on a website and it will not move. Cannot shut it off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012, 3:05:49 PM PST
@SHERRY: Try performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire. if that does not help, then contact CS using the Help link at the top of this page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012, 6:37:47 PM PST
A. Escobar says:
I just left it alone for about an hour it eventually unfroze itself.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012, 6:45:19 PM PST
Dan says:
I didn't read the beginning " getting started". How do you reset Kindle to default settings? When I turn Kindle on the only thing it shows is "Enter Password". I can't get anything else. I guess I have to reset Kindle to Default settings so I can do it right.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 5:57:00 AM PST
C. Pardy says:
"Why won't my kindle Fire connect to my Netgear router when it says" Connected" & has full signal? It will connect to internet when I take it to work & try it?

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 4:15:20 PM PST
Has anyone had problems connecting to the net? I have had two Kindle Fires, one I sent back. The other is now doing the same thing. When I got them, each connected all right. Then they stop. Any similar experiences and/or solutions?

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 4:15:22 PM PST
Has anyone had problems connecting to the net? I have had two Kindle Fires, one I sent back. The other is now doing the same thing. When I got them, each connected all right. Then they stop. Any similar experiences and/or solutions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 4:18:05 PM PST
I've had mine for two months and no problems at all. If you're having issues with multiple devices it may be your router. Is it an older model?

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 4:19:19 PM PST
Sailorman says:
Solar flares. My Galaxy Tab went banana's for about an hour yesterday then started working fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 11:17:05 AM PST
C. Pardy says:
I had to go buy a new router to get my kindle to connect. The kindle takes a N300 or better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 5:58:11 PM PST
I think you are absolutely right. I experimented with my router yesterday when it failed, and when I got it back on line, it worked with the Kindle. I am replacing the router tomorrow. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 6:12:28 PM PST
I think you are right about the router.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2012, 8:54:05 AM PST
viv says:
I too have had this problem. I am connected, then it does an automatic shut off.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012, 6:34:33 AM PST
M. seuren says:
mine starts connecting, but wont actually connect. the internet's been fine until now.. had it for 2 months. ???

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012, 9:14:32 AM PST
reece says:
the same thing happen to me but a little differnt it shut down beacouse it was dead but then i put in on the charger and now it won`t turn on

Posted on Feb 11, 2012, 5:35:35 PM PST
Laura Kelly says:
I have a kindle fire that will not display google when i have it on the side (landscape) and only displays on the bottom of the screen when I have it upright (portrait). How do I fix this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012, 9:03:47 PM PDT
johny reb says:
that did the trick thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012, 6:32:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2012, 6:34:47 AM PDT
TMcD1984 says:
My Kindle shut off. i thought it was dead so I pugged it in but it did nothing. can someone please help me?!?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012, 12:00:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 27, 2012, 12:01:15 AM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2012, 9:43:34 AM PDT
alene Kirvin says:
My Kindle was working fine for six months...and now it calls all of my set passwords invalid. SO, I can no longer connect to the internet on my wireless, I cannot access facebook, I cannot access my email. If I go to someone elses house, I can connect to their wireless but it still tells me my passwords are invalid for everything else. My wireless works with my computers, etc., at home and I did call that provider and they checked and it was working...so the problem is in my kindle. Any ideas on what i need to do?

Posted on Jun 3, 2012, 7:52:24 AM PDT
Mo says:
My Kindle Fire was working fine for 5 months. Then last week it would not power up, so I charged it again (it was charged the week before and I only used it for about 20 minutes). Now, it keeps telling me that my password is invalid, so I checked my passowrd listing. The password was correct, so I tried it again. Now the Kindle says I have to reset the devise AND warns if I do I loose all my data, Apps, etc. Can someone help me understand what this is about? Thank you
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2398 4 minutes ago
My kindle paper white has frozen 1 5 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 342 9 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3101 10 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 8105 15 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 694 28 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9757 36 minutes ago
How to archive books on the Kindle keyboard 3G 25 1 hour ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 4258 1 hour ago
No autocorrect for Kindle notes on the Fire? 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers