Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Man of Steel DVD order- Wrong item shipped

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2013, 6:26:28 PM PST
C. Jackson says:
Ordered Man of Steel Blu-Ray DVD combo pack. Package arrived today. Unfortunately, no Movie! The package contained cell phone case which I did not order. Called customer service and credit issued and I have to send it back. UPS so I have to find UPS; I live in a small town. I was told that Amazon web site is having a problem. Anyone else have this happen? A little disappointed.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013, 6:28:38 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Mistakes happen. No company is perfect, the people packing orders made a mistake. Amazon is fixing the mistake. It may be a bit frustrating to get it corrected but they are fixing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013, 7:08:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2013, 7:08:52 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
UPS Store
2122 W 1800 N
Clearfield, UT 84015
(801) 774-9492

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013, 7:58:34 PM PST
MikeJW says:
Wow, talk about a helpful post, JJ! 👏 Problem is that the OP isn't bothering to track his initial whine.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013, 8:22:05 PM PST
C. Jackson says:
What was interesting was that rather than reordering from Amazon, it was suggested that I buy it elsewhere to avoid the same error. I am not in Utah- I'm in Nevada.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013, 8:30:23 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
Jeff probably just checked your Amazon profile by clinking on your name, which says you're in Utah. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013, 8:57:56 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Kinda confused here. Why is this a Kindle issue?

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013, 10:08:23 PM PST
C. Jackson says:
Maybe not the best but kindle users probably are very active Amazon customers. I was wondering if this is happening a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013, 4:32:45 AM PST
I have received hundreds of orders over the past 10+ years and have never received the wrong item.
Was the package addressed to you?

Posted on Nov 13, 2013, 4:54:53 AM PST
Debi says:
I've received 3 wrong orders in the past. They were the same kind of item I ordered, just not the one I wanted. I've never been requested to return it by UPS tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013, 5:06:57 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
UPS will often pick up return items from your home. Even small towns may have a UPS drop point in a local store.

I'm also confused why this is a Kindle issue. The General Help forum would be the better place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013, 5:25:29 AM PST
Sarida says:
When you printed out your return label, it says how many days you have to return the package to UPS. Maybe you have friends or family that are traveling to the city closest to you with a UPS drop.

Or you could call back and get authorization to mail it. They may credit you the postage if you ask. There have been times I have just mailed it, and considered the postage a loss, because it is still cheaper than driving 120 miles round trip for my closest UPS drop.

Also, someone suggested that UPS can pick it up. Customer service can tell you how to arrange that.

You have been given good advice.

Posted on Nov 13, 2013, 5:29:51 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Question to those who have had this issue:

Were the orders placed for Amazon products or were the orders placed via Amazon for 3rd party or Amazon Marketplace Partner offerings?

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2013, 5:39:40 AM PST
What I would recommend is that you contact Amazon and have them provide you with a more convenient way to send this item back if UPS is not a viable and convenient option for you. If Amazon can't do that, you are under no obligation, legal or otherwise, to return a wrong item that was delivered to you.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013, 9:44:56 AM PST
C. Jackson says:
I want to thank everyone for their responses. I did get some ideas and have checked around other forums. I guess mistakes do happen. Again, thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 626 56 seconds ago
Reading immersion on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 53 5 minutes ago
transfer books from old kindle to new kindle 13 11 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1427 13 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3744 18 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 6895 32 minutes ago
Tethering Kindle Fire to an Iphone? 67 37 minutes ago
August, 2017 What are YOU reading? 50 59 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2586 1 hour ago
can i buy a stranger something from their wishlist? 141 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.