Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Trouble with Kindle orders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2013, 11:01:05 PM PDT
Bookworm says:
Has anyone else been having trouble with Kindle orders? I have but not to the extent it happens every time just once in awhile but now I'm getting tired of it.

I ordered a book and the order says it has gone through but it hasn't appeared on my kindle or in my kindle library and that was like 10 minutes ago.

It's not a preorder and when I click on the book it says I can buy it and read it in less than a minute when it should say I already bought it.

I can buy it again I guess but I don't want to pay for it twice. And it says I got signal on my kindle so I don't know what the problem is.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013, 11:21:06 PM PDT
Check in your "Manage My Kindle" to see if it is actually listed as a purchased item. It sounds like it really didn't register as a purchase. If it *is* in your storage you can download it manually. If it isn't, try buying it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2013, 11:24:37 PM PDT
Loz says:
Could there be a problem with your payment method? Sometimes there can be a delay if there is a glitch in the processing of the payment...

Posted on Sep 24, 2013, 11:53:03 PM PDT
onewac says:
I have been noticing the same thing with receiving the email about the purchase. It use to be almost instant downloading the email which it still is for the freebies. It just is taking longer for the paid ones. There isn't anything wrong with my payment option. I always make sure I don't leave the book page until I see the thank you note, then I know the purchase went through. There have been a few times when I have forgotten to wait and then had to redo the order because it did not go through.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 2:36:00 AM PDT
What did Kindle support say? It could be there is a problem on Amazon's end that is taking longer to process.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013, 10:53:19 AM PDT
Bookworm says:
Thanks for the help and I ordered it again and I guess the 2nd time is the charm since it downloaded that time. But why does it sometimes take a second order for a book to download even though it says the order went through the first time but obviously didn't since it never appeared on my kindle or kindle library?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 11:06:33 AM PDT
Only Kindle Support can answer that (if anyone knows). My best guess would be some droppe packets of data (otherwise known as an intermittent connection).

Posted on Sep 25, 2013, 11:09:40 AM PDT
I know this is a little off subject but no forum is really discussing it directly....I think my sitter for my son has my kindle she is still in my house...How can I make the kindle scream. Should I have downloaded an app before it got lost? I will feel bad if she doesn't have it but I have been looking for it for 3 hours and the only place I haven't looked is in her bag...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 11:11:10 AM PDT
I've never heard of such a thing. Scream? Is that street slang for something I'm too square to understand?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 11:14:56 AM PDT
No I just read about a site called Webroot. I guess there is a way for you to get a siren to go off on some kindles. They call it "scream". I think I need an app but I just don't know a whole lot about it. Just wondering if anyone knew if I could activate an app through the manage my kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 11:15:22 AM PDT
Pageturner says:
She means something like Find my iPhone. The phone, iPod Touch and iPads all have a feature where if you check in online or another device, you can see on a map where it is. Then you can ask for it to make a sound. I once located my iPod Touch in the house where it was under a couple of papers. This would not be possible on a Kindle since it does not have satellite software.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013, 11:18:08 AM PDT
Okay, thank you. I think the new kindle has gps and I read something about using wifi signals to locate it. A lot of kindle users are saying that was unreliable. As a matter of fact I didn't see even one post saying that it was very accurate at all. But thank you and sorry for butting in this was one of the only current and active forums. I appreciate the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013, 11:19:56 AM PDT
Ahah! Well, there might be something like that, but it would only work if the girl had it on there to begin with.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013, 8:04:49 PM PDT
onewac says:
Most of those kind of apps require you to set them up ahead of time for them to work. You could always look frantic and ask her to check her bag to see if it "accidentally" got in there. The other way is to wait until she is out of the room or send her out for something and do a quick peek and pull it out if it is there. Then you have a choice to make!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Multiple accounts on one device. 29 9 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2378 11 minutes ago
Tumblr app not working on kindle fire hd 0 15 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 315 38 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6162 42 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 115 57 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 649 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3072 1 hour ago
Thread of Everlasting Ennui™ 78 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire earphones 51 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer