Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Stop Collection Sync on Paperwhite

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2013, 3:44:38 PM PST
My dad and I have kindles registered to the same account. His collections keep being added to mine. How can I prevent this?
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013, 3:50:26 PM PST
There's been various threads on this. Something to do with the last update. I don't have a Paperwhite so I didn't pay attention. I suggest using the search box on the right to find the threads.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013, 1:15:41 AM PST
This is a problem with the new 2nd generation Paperwhite Kindles and it's very frustrating. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way around this - it's a new "feature" of the new paperwhites. I would suggest you lodge a complaint with Amazon and hopefully if enough of us do they will change it back to being able to have individual collections despite being on the same account.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013, 2:32:07 AM PST
Dragi Raos says:
I suggest that you add your complaint to already pretty loud chorus by e-mailing to kindle-feedback@amazon.com. Amazon officials assured Pros that their development team is collecting the feedback in order to decide what steps to take.

FWIW, "cloud collections" implementation on new HDX Fires is different and, IMO, correct. So, let's hope they will "propagate" it to e-ink models.

Posted on Dec 26, 2013, 3:24:23 AM PST
Yes, please everyone complain about this. In my view they should at least give customers the choice as to whether they want their collections synced or not.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014, 9:22:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2014, 9:32:53 AM PST
Please disable this feature introduced in FW 5.4.2. I want to have different Collections on different Kindle and I want to use my Kindle with different Accounts.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014, 3:12:32 PM PST
Hi Stefan, if you haven't already, I suggest you also email this message to kindle-feedback@amazon.com. The more people they hear from they may actually start to listen :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014, 3:27:15 PM PST
B. Marks says:
The simple way to deal with this is to delete your collections and create new ones with names that are different than his collections. Don't rename them. That'll rename his, too, and accomplish nothing. If you delete them and create new ones with distinct names it will no longer try to synch them.

I have 3 Paperwhites and after the last update I had to do that. What a mess Amazon made. I'm sure they're aware of it now. Many of us have sent feedback. More can only help.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014, 7:09:57 PM PST
Amy Preston says:
Barryem can you please provide more details about how/what to do? I have two Paperwhites on my account and I REALLY do NOT want the collections to sync - in fact, on the one kindle I don't want collections at all (that is my mother's kindle) and on the other one (mine) I do. However, when I delete or add a collection on either device it automatically adds or deletes it to the other device. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014, 7:15:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2014, 7:15:53 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 4, 2014, 4:52:16 PM PST
I discovered this problem today. My wife usually has a book or two on her Kindle. I carry quite a few, all in folders. Today I had reason to take a look at hers and discovered all my folders. I tried deleting them, but they came back when there was a sync. This is truly bizarre. I suppose if I had a bunch of kindles only I read this would make me happy! But if a reader can have numerous Kindles on one account, so numerous people can use them, there ought to be the ability to configure them differently. I'll be writing Kindle Support.

Posted on Apr 24, 2014, 7:38:52 PM PDT
Please!!!! I do not want these collections to sync..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
how to cancel digital order from kindle 114 31 seconds ago
August, 2017 What are YOU reading? 53 26 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1467 51 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 670 1 hour ago
Kindle keyboard turn on minutes left in a chapter? 1 1 hour ago
list versus covers 3 1 hour ago
Downloaded content from Amazon or Netflix won't play in kids mode witout wireless? 0 1 hour ago
Why is it so hard to log out of Amazon? 445 1 hour ago
So no more whispernet downloads? 18 2 hours ago
Kindle Wi-Fi stops working "MAC Address: Unavailable" 80 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers