Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Does Kindle Fire support MHL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2011, 12:17:09 PM PDT
I know the Kindle Fire does not have any HDMI port put will it support an MHL to HDMI through usb? Just wondering????

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 12:32:20 PM PDT
TSemple says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 5:28:43 AM PST
Just because the display isn't HD, doesn't mean the device can't output it. Look at the other tablets on the market with HDMI - they can output 720p and above, but many of the screens are less than that resolution. Heck, even phones have HDMI out - look at the Evo and Evo 3D.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 11:35:40 AM PST
D.O.Books says:
If the Kindle Fire supported MHL then it would be able to connect to a portable projector using an MHL to VGA adaptor like the one linked below. That's what I was hoping to do but it appears it's not possible.

Menotek Micro USB to VGA MHL Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Galaxy Nexus

Posted on Jan 29, 2012, 1:39:03 PM PST
okie says:
Monoprice has a reasonable Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter; although not sure if the Kindle Fire supports MHL....any new news?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10833&cs_id=1083314&p_id=8805&seq=1&format=2

Posted on Feb 23, 2012, 5:09:44 PM PST
iman777 says:
I purchased an MHL micro USB to HDMI converter, and I could not get any video from the KF thru HDMI cable - even adding external power to the MHL device.

Since there is nothing to turn on or off in the settings, what is missing? An app of some sort? If so, does anyone know of one?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012, 4:57:26 PM PST
Norka Reyes says:
Yea this really stinks. I bought an Hmo to hemisphere and my inflexion does not work with it. Even if resolution os not that good I want to view on a bigger Lcd screen....

Posted on Dec 10, 2013, 10:20:04 PM PST
Mark says:
Was it a first or second generation Kindle Fire that you tested it on and it didn't work? The OS might make a difference. Second Generations use Android 4.0 ICS (first's use Gingerbread, 2.?, I believe).

Posted on Jan 16, 2014, 1:53:04 PM PST
Vincent says:
Does it work with kindle fire hd second gen

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014, 1:54:21 PM PST
No.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014, 2:01:23 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014, 2:04:19 PM PST
This thread is about MHL on the Fire. It's not about passwords or registering. I suggest you start a new thread with your topic, or contact Customer Service.

Posted on Dec 19, 2014, 10:30:24 PM PST
Barak Smith says:
Does the Amazon fire phone support MHL connections. I want to connect my fire phone to a tv through an HDMI connection. Any ideas which product to purchase. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 22, 2014, 1:47:29 PM PST
Tim Miller says:
Has anyone been able to get an MHL adapter to work with a Fire HD6? I messaged someone at Amazon about this and they assured me it would work. So far no good and yes I did have the power cable plugged in.

Posted on Jan 2, 2015, 1:10:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2015, 1:18:35 PM PST
brian kearns says:
Will an MHL adapter allow me to to view my Fire Phone's video content on my HDTV via HDMI?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2015, 1:06:11 PM PST
tony says:
I called and they said the same thing, however i bought one on e- bay w/ a remote from china and it doesn`t work , sooo i don`t know what to believe , i`am trying to find out if the Kindle 6( 4th Generation) is at all capable to do this. Some one said it is with the device on that Amozon sells, then i called tech support and they gave me the link to the same device.
There`s is 24.99 and the one i purchased was 11.00 from China it fits my tablet but it wont show on tv , and the tv input does reconize the device on my input list on my tv. So if you have better luck please let me know ,most appreciative.

Posted on Feb 10, 2015, 2:53:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2015, 2:56:22 PM PST
has anyone used amazon's 24.99 adapter to HDMI on a Kindle Fire HD 7 (4th Gen) and successfully got a signal on their HD TV? How about the new HD 6, same question. Other adapters I've tried (MHL type) on the HD 7 do NOT Work.

Posted on Feb 20, 2015, 11:07:29 PM PST
J.Barrios says:
I think that you need a slimport through a few reviews I have read on the amazon adapters page people refer to it as a slimport cable connection if you search it you will find more than a few yet none actually list it as kindle fire hd gen 4 compatible but from my research this is the specific technology that they use it's also referred to as dp or sold as an adapter that works with DP or slimport technology when I googled it thats what i found. Hope this helps I'm getting ready to order one I will post here to let everyone know how it works they are only 11.99 with prime shipping fingers crossed

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2015, 8:11:09 AM PST
jen rogers says:
J.A.B., any luck with your prime shopping fingers?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2015, 6:10:13 PM PST
J.Barrios says:
Yep I found one that works. Also not to bad a price either the only thing that sucks is I think they are outta stock at Amazon because I got it with prime shipping but now it says 13.50 with free shipping but I am still really happy with what I got it works great so far with or without power. E-More® 1080P Micro USB Slimport MyDP to HDMI HDTV 3D Adapter Cable for Google Nexus 4 5 7 2nd Generation Asus PadFone lnfinity

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2015, 8:12:32 PM PDT
I have gotten my Kindle Fire to connect to HDMI it uses a Micro-HDMI the smaller of the two ports on the kindle. I believe I just searched HDMI for Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2015, 8:15:59 PM PDT
It sometimes depends on the TV. I can connect mine to my Samsung TV but if I try to connect to the Vizio it doesn't. That's with the Kindle HD 7".

Posted on May 2, 2015, 7:29:00 PM PDT
S. Fisher says:
Will it connect my fire phone to a 3M streaming projector?

Posted on Jun 14, 2015, 4:18:31 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2015, 10:49:53 AM PDT
Ricardo R. says:
Any answers? Have you bee able to figure it out?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
recover deleted book 105 7 hours ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 9237 7 hours ago
Where do I find Serial Number if my Kindle sceen is white and totally blank? 19 7 hours ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 2210 7 hours ago
My 2nd Generation Kindle (with keyboard) won't update 122 7 hours ago
FREE Books & Chat - September 2017 626 7 hours ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4555 7 hours ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2849 7 hours ago
Problem charging my Kindle 27 7 hours ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6633 7 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers