Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Collections and Organizing Kindle Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2012, 10:03:58 AM PST
A. Lopez says:
I find it hard to believe Amazon can not make a good app that will organize Kindle books. I was going to get the Collection app, but read too many negative reviews to believe it would be any good. Ugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012, 10:17:38 AM PST
Shelfari and Calibre do this. Not ON the Fire, but at least you can sort.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012, 11:47:13 AM PST
A. Lopez says:
I JUST discovered Shelfari last week... I love it!... but organizing them on that site doesn't organize them somehow on your Kindle, does it?

I've heard of Calibre, too... isn't that a program you can use that's not from Amazon? Don't you have to hack into your Kindle or something weird like that to use it?

Can you tell I am technologically challenged when it comes to all this??? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012, 12:08:24 PM PST
I don't know how to use either of them, I'll have to admit. I started with Shelfari and got so frustrated and confused, I gave up. I don't read on my Fire, anyway. So I'm not sure how to help you, but there are a LOT of folks around here who use either/both of those programs, and could probably offer better advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012, 12:47:33 PM PST
A. Lopez says:
It's okay... I understand. I am trying to use Shelfari now and have noticed one book missing that I bought, which is about to frustrate me because now I feel like I have to double check each and every book that's supposed to be on my Kindle (it's over 1000)... Ugh.

Thanks for all your help! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Older Kindle Fire Slow to Charge 9 4 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9751 11 minutes ago
Internal storage maxing out when it shouldn't 90 14 minutes ago
kindle reader for ios now displays time of day -- how can I turn this off? 2 29 minutes ago
does Fire stick work on older HD TV's? 210 32 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3034 57 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2366 1 hour ago
Low internal storage space on Kindle Fire 645 1 hour ago
Kindle won't connect to WiFi - "authentication failed" 103 1 hour ago
No keyboard on Kindle Fire HD??? 74 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.