Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle phrase "highlighters" inserted in text.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012, 4:47:32 PM PDT
Does this mean anything more than that a number of people happened to highlight that phrase?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012, 4:50:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012, 4:52:28 PM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Yes (edit: I mean, yes, only that, nothing more; time for bed (o: ), and that you have the feature to see those popular highlights turned on. If they irritate you, you can turn the feature off somewhere in settings.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012, 12:53:22 PM PDT
I saw this feature on my KK and really liked it. But so far I don't see it as an option for my fire. Does it work with the Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012, 2:49:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012, 2:54:46 PM PDT
Brian, here is a web page that explains that on the Fire - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729450#annotation

Edit - I was able to find more info. Sharing highlights is not available on the fire. From here - http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle%20customer%20service%20q%20and%20a?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx2EURGZFHG72KC

"Bufo Calvin says:

Just to explain this a bit more:

Popular highlights are one of several types of things that Amazon adds to an e-book...they aren't part of the file that comes from the publisher. It actually downloads a separate file (with an extension of PHL, for Popular Highlights). Since the Kindle Fire uses a different folder structure than an RSK (Reflective Screen Kindle...anything other than a Kindle Fire), it's not as easy to integrate those features as might be supposed. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but I thought you might be interested in a bit of the technical behind-the-scenes stuff. :)"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle for PC Program won't download (Windows 10?) 28 8 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 604 36 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1126 48 minutes ago
Backup Kindle. 57 1 hour ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7004 1 hour ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8326 1 hour ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5235 1 hour ago
How to transfer a 1 license book from one iPad to Another? 2 1 hour ago
Kindle becoming slow with page turning and menu commands 94 3 hours ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9594 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer