Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Digital comics, can I buy them online, transfer them to my Fire and read them?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2012, 10:56:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012, 4:20:44 PM PDT
M. B. Bubp says:
There are some pretty good reads for Comics and Graphic novels on the Kindle Store, but it's far from exhaustive. If I buy a digital comic online (from DC Comics' website, for example) Am I able to store and read that comic on my Kindle Fire?

UPDATE: The DC Comics online store is powered by ComiXology, so anything bought on the digital comics store on their site is synched to the ComiXology app...just in case anyone else needs this info in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012, 11:00:32 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
You will need to download their app...

Posted on Jun 17, 2012, 11:06:52 AM PDT
dfn.ninja says:
Im not sure about DC but I sideloaded the marvel app and its alright but you can only view your downloads while under wifi so I tossed it. Comixology app is sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012, 11:38:06 AM PDT
M. B. Bubp says:
Comixology is missing stuff too. So if I just transfer the file of the comic to my kindle I can't just read it without the use of an app?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012, 12:29:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012, 12:32:24 PM PDT
dfn.ninja says:
It depends on the file type. All of my didgital comics from other sources are. cbr and I use an app called perfect viewer to view them it works well. It's free at 1mobile.com.

Edited to add that youll need an app to read any file type the fire doesn't natively support. Read the specs on the fire for a list of supported formats.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012, 12:39:27 PM PDT
I picked up ComiCat from the Amazon App for Android store when it was free (it looks like it is now $2.99) and use it to read USB-transferred CBR files on my Kindle Fire. I use the Gallery app to delete the CBR files when I finish, to make room for the next batch.

ComiCat is not a bad comic book reader.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 6:47:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 12:44:54 AM PST
T. Parke says:
There are a few apps that allow you to do this on the Fire - ComiCat and Perfect Viewer are the two best. If you are looking for more on these apps, here's a video: http://youtu.be/ZZ2-RVW7wtg
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Can I copy text on Kindle Cloud reader? 0 8 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 8322 16 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - May 2017 599 31 minutes ago
Amazon Echo outside US 330 51 minutes ago
why cant i watch hulu o. my kindle fire? 30 1 hour ago
Removing content from a deregistered Paperwhite 2 1 hour ago
Kindle Touch lighted cover? 1 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 1122 2 hours ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 5234 2 hours ago
forgot wi-fi access password. 45 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.